Science Lab

Okay I sure that this topic has been covered before but I cannot find it. If you can link me to an old post or just supply me with the answer both would be great!

Now on to my question: 

1) Does the science lab need the science stored in the lab once it begins its processing? That is can i take it out and land it and get the science while I wait for the processing and extra science. 

2) If you have two scientist that are different levels what does the game do? Or should I just have the higher one and train the other up more?

Thank you   

1) No need to keep the reports in the lab. No need to ever put the reports in the lab - they just have to be on the "ship" (including anything docked/klawed to it) to be added as data to the lab. Once the data has been added, you can take the reports home with you.

2) Not quite sure but I think each scientist gives a certain percentage per day of conversion-of-data-into-points, depending on his/her level. That means you can mix and match as you please, but obviously higher levels are always advantageous.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.