Kolony Buildings Contest !

Greetings,

So there are a small number of great awesome modellers out there but the parts they make have processes in them that I dont use.

I am thinking about a contest for "Kolonization" parts similar to the old MKS in design, made such that they are in correct scale to the size of a Kerbalnaut. If you are a candidate and have 'Kolony' buildings out there that I have not researched for yet, here is your chance to shine ! The winner gets a MAJOR exclusive in my KSP Universe: to have all their habitat modules used for: Manufacturing, Living, Greenhouse...NOT STORAGE; subsistance only.

I hate to have to use the MKS for everything (except small storage) but the buildings look kool, and have proper design. I just cant use buildings with processes in them; I really do not want to advertize a building part when any process within it is not used according to my specifications.

The buildings cannot be or look like any that have processes in them...IE BIOMASS, EL, MKS etc...I will sort it out later; time for me to look for buildings as well out there in kerbal space !

The designs must be ORIGINAL but may have ideas ported off of other designs; they may NOT be copies of other models.

I like the idea of expandable/inflatable modules as temporary quick setups. The buildings can have a process in them that has a lifetime constraint ! I have my own ideas for lifetime constraints on parts where the part ceases to function and must be salvaged. Radiation causes damage over time (hint). I can devise my own simple lifetime timer for any part depending on where it is located.

The building design is such that these are intended for space and surface; I may choose one or more designs.

Also a hint: I like the older MKS designs but they seems a bit cramped for the Kerbalnauts; resizing them is easy. (actually looking at them again it is hard to tell if they are cramped for those l'il kerbals !)

There will be a space-only set, much looking like the NASA types, both made of aluminum alloy, and a lighter weight versions of the same (golder coloring, shiner?), at least 1/3 to 1/2 as dense; these are probly made of Karborundum (my possible endgame choice, and I can choose any material, you just have to make it look pretty !). I use Karborundum as carborundum !

So...1) Living 2) Greenhouse 3) Resource Processing (A) Food B) Fuels) 4) Manufacturing

Priorities: Surface (any planet/moon), Space (and low grav moons). Designs can be similar for both surface and space. I want solid structures to be endgame primary; inflatables are difficult to make.

I myself will be using Blender and Unity to work on some modelling; I may do up some streams next week on that to give this building project a week to take off.

Mods such as BioMass and TacLife I 'DO' use; parts, processes, etc, but with modifications. I do like to promote great awesome models when I can but I am trying to avoid conflicts of interest and confusion of resource process design.

I play KSP realism, but not RSS.

I have USI and MKS part models as primary 'ideas' for my habitat modules; why; because they are just great models; more than likely, they will be used, but with most of my own processes and maybe some of those included if they work for me.

I have found another process-free model set...it will be included and looks really great; it is not part of the contest because I found it; it needs testing etc; I have high hopes for it. I have not seen any other kolony models out there; next week I am gonna try my hand at making my own just for fun (!) and might even stream it!

Good Luck !

Commander Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
addendum

Hello,

I dont want someone to make a part MOD unless it is part of this contest; and yes I feel it is an 'actual challenge'; there is a winner here even though anyone entering is a winner; it would also be a challenge if someone had to make a few part models for me by the end of next week for my resource processes, as the winner of the winners would have their parts be in my KSP Universe; and since I live stream my KSP gameplay, that means visibility; it's a win-win challenge.

Commander Zeta

Greetings,

So begins the week for some part models for some of my resource processes.

This is a contest in that the winner gets to have their part model and a Kerbalnaut run the process in my KSP Resource Game Universe. Contest or challenge what is the difference really?

I have 2 or 3 great modellers I use for part modellers - I challenge you to make a better design !

I am looking for small units that extract elements from molecules; I already see some in stock; Universal Storage is a good example I am looking for.

My wish is to have similar looking units with a texture change enabled (Firespitter Mod); I cant render textures.

Example...Carbon is green, Ammonia is red-orange...one unit, half a dozen colors. I mostly extract single elements out of compounds of 3 to 5 elements.

If this is not a challenge than I dont know what is; ends Friday or Saturday.

Commander Zeta

Greetings,

Well...no one dare to step up huh?

What if I were to say there is a possibility that there might even be some possible fame and notoriety here !?

After only an hour or so of research today, I have found an idea that is not quite original, but very interesting in that it is built with the idea of ease of building in space with gravity in mind !?

You might be thinking well it is just some variation on a ring (!); well it is; but not what one would think !

There are 3 contestants in the running believe it or not; and your truly is one of them.

One of the contestants already has the idea and doesnt even know it ! I will probly use his modules to show off some of the great graphics in the mod for some of my processes.

I played with coloring the different modules but it doesnt work very well; I will be at it today working on learning how to get parts into KSP.

I am going to try and get a 'quick' part imported so I understand the work flow; using parttools isnt as straight forward as I thought.

There is also what is called the collision collider (?) I have to add; and nodes. I will also learn how to import a KSP part back into blender (?)

I probly wont get too far on my own parts but that is the goal.

I will leave this open til the end of January; during this time if you watch my streams you will now see the constraints of the design, and how I wish the final design to look like, work, and be implemented.

Only 2 days til the end of January !

Now that I think of it say there are more than one contestant to build a part model or 2 for me...show an example here or send me to your website/forum page for the MOD for examples of your work; there will be room for one winner here !

Congrats to the 2 winners (and me even!)...last chance !

Commander Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
addendum

Hello,

I am still trying to get a part made to import into KSP; until I succeed I will leave the contest open; no takers?

Ok last chance; I give you some hints...think Universal Storage...expandable space station...gravity...a recent movie !

Cmdr Zeta

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.