[1.0.5] Simple Construction v0.6 - Adding simplified rocket building to stock parts

MatterBeam

On 4/30/2016 at 3:07 PM, ttbs said:

Hi,

It looks like it is broken in 1.1.2. Or the module manager is?

BTW 

I have made some configs for my self:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t6euo5u18w9ooln/AADg0WGRKDrN0ifyHbtiTzy8a?dl=0

22 hours ago, robwr92 said:

Any possibility of updating this for 1.1.2 or is it already compatible?

I will update in about 2 days.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say I LOVE THIS MOD!! A question I had was: I use Kerbalism and the pods/habitats have shielding. From the tests I've done in game, I cannot get Shielding to be added to my construction outside of the VAB. Would you know of a fix for this? Just so I'm not sounding too crazy, when i build a ship that will contains Kerbals it has a Shielding attribute that I have not been able to get to add into my builds outside the VAB. It does not transfer similar to monoprop, food, etc. Thanks for the awesome mod and thanks for your time.

15 hours ago, Zeroroller said:

Just wanted to say I LOVE THIS MOD!! A question I had was: I use Kerbalism and the pods/habitats have shielding. From the tests I've done in game, I cannot get Shielding to be added to my construction outside of the VAB. Would you know of a fix for this? Just so I'm not sounding too crazy, when i build a ship that will contains Kerbals it has a Shielding attribute that I have not been able to get to add into my builds outside the VAB. It does not transfer similar to monoprop, food, etc. Thanks for the awesome mod and thanks for your time.

Humm.

What I could do is use one of my SimpleLife .cfg files that adds resources to any command pod. The only issue is that you'd have to make Shielding transferrable. I'll have to look at the Kerbalism's mod itself.

Uhm. So I downloaded the mod from Spacedock, let it sit for a day or two cause I was working on something in orbit, came back to the SPH, and tried to use it, only to find that the ore tanks (ALL of them) still held only ore. The MPL? Just a lab. The Clampotron Jr? Just a docking port. I only got the UI for Extraplanetary LaunchPads v 5.3.0. I then decided to try a different way of installing it, but that didn’t work either. In the process, I noticed that the version of IFS it used was out dated, so I got rid of the old one and kept the new. Maybe could that be the issue? HELP SOMEBODY!

EDIT: I think I’ll just take the original mod

Edited by Mycroft

12 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Uhm. So I downloaded the mod from Spacedock, let it sit for a day or two cause I was working on something in orbit, came back to the SPH, and tried to use it, only to find that the ore tanks (ALL of them) still held only ore. The MPL? Just a lab. The Clampotron Jr? Just a docking port. I only got the UI for Extraplanetary LaunchPads v 5.3.0. I then decided to try a different way of installing it, but that didn’t work either. In the process, I noticed that the version of IFS it used was out dated, so I got rid of the old one and kept the new. Maybe could that be the issue? HELP SOMEBODY!

EDIT: I think I’ll just take the original mod

Please visit the release thread.

Ooohhhhhhh. I checked, and I don't have Module manager installed! I thought I did. [bangs head against wall]. Man I feel so smart. Really sorry for the inconvenience. I'm happy now. It's an awesome idea, this mod. Now I'm gonna go whack myself upside the head.

Edited by Mycroft

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

Ooohhhhhhh. I checked, and I don't have Module manager installed! I thought I did. [bangs head against wall]. Man I feel so smart. Really sorry for the inconvenience. I'm happy now. It's an awesome idea, this mod. Now I'm gonna go whack myself upside the head.

Do not worry :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

Hi there - I currently have MKS and EPL installed and works.  Can I still have this mod installed in my 1.1.3 and be able to use it?

Thanks

I have yet to test SimpleConstruction with an outdated EPL. Notice, you'd also need the latest InterstellarFuelSwitch. MKS might conflict with SC over its own settings for EPL...

Otherwise, you are free to try!

Hey matterbeam, thanks for the mod. I was wanting to try SC with MKS and while testing I had the issue you metioned might happen. It seems that mks has overwritten some things because all my ships require material kits and specialty parts to make. Is there a fairly basic way to decide what overwrites what? Maybe delete a file or change some line of code or extension? If this isn't something to be covered here just let me know.

I realize this is the old thread, my bad.

Edited by Karnej
spelling

• 4 months later...
On 02/07/2016 at 6:22 AM, gamerscircle said:

The epl that is available, was recompiled and works for 1.1.3 [for me anyways].  Does anything need to be done to the mod to allow it work with 1.1.3?

You can download previous versions from SpaceDock by clicking on the Changelog download links.

6 hours ago, Victorsaurus said:

Hey! Is there a way to lower the decoupler force when releasing a build? It tends to shoot them out quite violently sometimes. Also is there a way to rotate which way a build is released so that it position wont be upside down, on its side, etc?

You have to rotate the design inside the VAB/SPH to achieve the correct orientation.

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, sonic246246 said:

any update for KPS V 1.2.2 ??

This is a development thread. If you'll read the first post, there is a link to the release thread, which has been updated (it says 1.2.1, but it works on 1.2.2 just fine).

6 hours ago, sonic246246 said:

I have success before, while play in V 1.2.2, it just show 0s and suddenly show finish while i press build button, how to solve it??

mNaGIjw.png

You probably want to post this at the new thread, here: 

But the simple answer to your question is that you need a kerbal in a pod with EL enabled, like that command pod. It's showing that your build will never complete because your ship has no crew capable of building it, and the alarm errors out and triggers immediately instead of setting for infinite time.

15 hours ago, münambulist said:

You probably want to post this at the new thread, here: 

But the simple answer to your question is that you need a kerbal in a pod with EL enabled, like that command pod. It's showing that your build will never complete because your ship has no crew capable of building it, and the alarm errors out and triggers immediately instead of setting for infinite time.

gYrMvCB.png

Yes!! When i add the cupola, the building task just start!! thank you very much!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.