Screenshots are all-black

I am using KSP 1 0.5 on linux (64bit) with Mechjeb, Docking Alignment, Scansat, Alarm Clock and Chatter Mods enabled.

Pressing F1 does generate a "screenshot", however it turns out to be plain black. It is not an empty or corrupted file which is being generated - it is all black.

Any ideas on how to fix that issue?

Edited by something

Can you post a screenshot of the problem?

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm afraid I can't help much (not a linux user), but this type of question really might have better luck being answered by knowledgeable people over in the Technical Support (modded installs) forum.  Maybe ask a moderator to move it?

Sorry I can't be of more help.

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case anybody encounters the same problem:
I was unable to get the ingame screenshot to work, however, Ubuntu comes along with a snapshot tool which is capable of doing the job. Pressing the print key does the job for me, even if operated in fullscreen mode.

I have the same issue. Also 1.0.5 64 bit on Linux.

Some of the screenshots are not all black but a "pixel mess".

It seems that the game resolution plays a role. Usually, I play on 1280*720. The issue was gone it was set to a higher resolution (forgot which one).

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.