[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

I've been monitoring this mod for a bit now Nhawks :) - You never cease to amaze me withe the wonderful stockalike mods and expansions that you've done :D.

- I wanted to say however, there is no clear imgur album of the plumes in action. The plume album is quite old now and doesn't show the true appearance of what the various plumes look like in game straight after download. I could do an album for you if they are designed for stock models and you want one - the real question that I have is however, is this continuation still designed for Ven's revamp, or plain stock models? The engine bell sizes and placements are much different in Ven's revamp in many cases. I play w/out Ven's revamp as it changes too much for my tastes.

Many thanks in advance!

Edited by Avera9eJoe

10 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I've been monitoring this mod for a bit now Nhawks :) - You never cease to amaze me withe the wonderful stockalike mods and expansions that you've done :D.

- I wanted to say however, there is no clear imgur album of the plumes in action. The plume album is quite old now and doesn't show the true appearance of what the various plumes look like in game straight after download. I could do an album for you if they are designed for stock models and you want one - the real question that I have is however, is this continuation still designed for Ven's revamp, or plain stock models? The engine bell sizes and placements are much different in Ven's revamp in many cases. I play w/out Ven's revamp as it changes too much for my tastes.

Many thanks in advance!

If you want to do that sure, that'd be awesome! And in the config files for the parts that get revamped by Ven's there is a clause that if Ven's is installed the plume location gets changed so it matches up to the new models :D So you can use either the stock or Ven's and it'll work fine.

9 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

If you want to do that sure, that'd be awesome! And in the config files for the parts that get revamped by Ven's there is a clause that if Ven's is installed the plume location gets changed so it matches up to the new models :D So you can use either the stock or Ven's and it'll work fine.

Sweet - I think I shall :)

EDIT: Album is uploading right now. 45/75 images done.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

One thing you'll want to note is that the Hammer SRB has it's plume coming from dead center in the piece. I fixed it on my own in the past but I can't recall what the needed offset is. You can see the error in this image:

6sNm6i9.png

I hope this album is useful :)

9 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

One thing you'll want to note is that the Hammer SRB has it's plume coming from dead center in the piece. I fixed it on my own in the past but I can't recall what the needed offset is. You can see the error in this image:

6sNm6i9.png

I hope this album is useful :)

Oooh, ok I'll look into it today

2 hours ago, NecroBones said:

Awesome, thanks!

I did run into the issue of the ullage thrusters not getting the plume applied... I am correct that it is using thrustTranform for the vector transform right?

21 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

I did run into the issue of the ullage thrusters not getting the plume applied... I am correct that it is using thrustTranform for the vector transform right?

Yep. On the really simple small solids like that, I usually just use a transform called "thrustTransform". For more complex engines I'll often break out the fxTransform, smokeTransform, gimbalTransform, etc. The ullage motors (and built-in retrorockets, etc) just use the thrustTransform.

Edited by NecroBones

13 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

Yep. On the really simple small solids like that, I usually just use a transform called "thrustTransform". For more complex engines I'll often break out the fxTransform, smokeTransform, gimbalTransform, etc. The ullage motors (and built-in retrorockets, etc) just use the thrustTransform.

Hmm.. wonder why it's not getting the effect applied... odd.

1 minute ago, NecroBones said:

Yeah, not sure. Unfortunately I won't have time to test from my end for the rest of the week.

Not a problem! I'll poke it some more to see if I can see what's up. Might've mucked something up that I didn't notice.

10 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Not a problem! I'll poke it some more to see if I can see what's up. Might've mucked something up that I didn't notice.

I see what the issue is. The parts in question have "PhysicsSignificance = 1" in their CFG, so SmokeScreen doesn't show plumes (It uses data from the parts' rigidbody, which physicless parts don't have). I've already logged the bug on the SmokeScreen repo.

It's also the reason why the stock "Puff" engine doesn't have plumes.

2 minutes ago, DerpyFirework said:

I see what the issue is. The parts in question have "PhysicsSignificance = 1" in their CFG, so SmokeScreen doesn't show plumes (It uses data from the parts' rigidbody, which physicless parts don't have). I've already logged the bug on the SmokeScreen repo.

It's also the reason why the stock "Puff" engine doesn't have plumes.

Ah! I would've never of thought of that, hopefully sarbian will get on that soon :D 

I am a bit new to KSP and the install instructions for this mod aren't clear and don't describe where to install exactly. Due to numerous amount of configs included in the zip I wont be using: Should I extract the folder I want to /RealPlume/ or  /RealPlume-Stock/?

2 hours ago, zKrieg said:

I am a bit new to KSP and the install instructions for this mod aren't clear and don't describe where to install exactly. Due to numerous amount of configs included in the zip I wont be using: Should I extract the folder I want to /RealPlume/ or  /RealPlume-Stock/?

You can keep the configs in there. You don't need to delete them, it doesn't effect anything if they're left in there. But you just need to install it like any other mod, everything inside of the GameData folder in the download goes into the GameData folder in your KSP install

4 hours ago, Puggonaut said:

Got this quite enjoy the effects , one question ? How do i keep the Stock Engine sounds for Engines , FASA F1 Engine for example .

I'd have to look into this, I'm not sure if the sounds can be disabled easily. After this weekend I'll be able to look into it some more. Or if @DerpyFirework knows :P

3 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

You can keep the configs in there. You don't need to delete them, it doesn't effect anything if they're left in there. But you just need to install it like any other mod, everything inside of the GameData folder in the download goes into the GameData folder in your KSP install

Sorry I don't feel that answered my question. For clarification. If I only want the squad folder :

2 hours ago, zKrieg said:

Should I extract the folder I want to /RealPlume/ or  /RealPlume-Stock/?

1 minute ago, zKrieg said:

Sorry I don't feel that answered my question. For clarification. If I only want the squad folder :

You can extract it to either one, it doesn't technically matter. You just need to make sure your RealPlume folder is installed as ~/GameData/RealPlume

Edited by Nhawks17