[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

TL:DR; Why is the exhaust flare shorter when multiple engines thrusting at maximum throttle, and why is it longer when at minimum(non-zero) throttle? Why it is shorter when multiple engines are thrusting? Will this be updated to make it more realistic? Also is it possible for the exhaust flame works realistic enough that its shorten the exhaust flame when thrusting retrograde and lengthen when thrusting prograde due to atmospheric drag and velocity? I guess it requires so much effort to make it possible? And sorry for the long post/rant. I love this mod, as much as I love how real physics can be simulated in a game. If this post is kinda unnecessary/too long, I'll delete it/make it shorter. And sorry for the mentions. 

Hello everyone. 

Just want to point out a somewhat 'unrealistic issue' with the way the exhaust flare works when multiple engines are active and produce thrust.

I've read through the entire pages of the forum, the only person that pointed it out was @krone12, which was over a year ago. There were no responds to @krone12 after @Calvin_Maclure cleared it up.

On 6/10/2016 at 0:20 AM, krone12 said:

8jGeEaW.jpg

iFi41NQ.jpg

On 6/10/2016 at 0:22 AM, Calvin_Maclure said:

So, your problem is that the engine at full throttle (max power) has a smaller plume size then the engine at a low power setting?

CM

Here are two different engines, 9 of both in total for comparison, one is stock engine, the other one is from SpaceX Launchers Pack mod by @Kartoffelkuchen RealPlume config by @Hysterrics

Here's a pic at maximum throttle:

t6AxCsP.jpg

At lowest(non-zero) throttle:

dlEM5wF.jpg

Here's another comparison, but with only 1 engine active for both different engine. No different in length when throttled down. The flare just gets dimmer in brightness. 

fcB22rU.jpg

Real life comparison. Obviously the Falcon 9 can't be throttle down to 0.1% (IIRC, the min throttle of the sea level M1D  is 40%, correct me if I'm wrong) unlike in KSP (RSS/RO does has limited throttle capability though). As can be seen below, the length of the exhaust flare when 9 engines, is as long if not longer than the rocket itself. When its only 1 engine, the length is only about 1/3 of the length of the 1st stage. Also notice the blue flame at end of the exhaust.  

CRS-12 Mission

Falcon 9 first stage lands on LZ-1

Gorgeous pictures of Falcon 9 launch/landing can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/spacex/ 

Edited by M4GiC
Sorted out the pictures and paragraphs

6 minutes ago, M4GiC said:

TL:DR; Why is the exhaust flare shorter when multiple engines thrusting at maximum throttle, and why is it longer when at minimum(non-zero) throttle? Why it is shorter when multiple engines are thrusting? Will this be updated to make it more realistic? Also is it possible for the exhaust flame works realistic enough that its shorten the exhaust flame when thrusting retrograde and lengthen when thrusting prograde due to atmospheric drag and velocity. I guess it requires so much effort to make it possible? And sorry for the long post/rant. I love this mod, as much as I love how real physics can be simulated in a game. If this post is kinda unnecessary/too long, I'll delete it/make it shorter. And sorry for the mentions. 

Hello everyone. 

Just want to point out a somewhat 'unrealistic issue' with the way the exhaust flare works when multiple engines are active and produce thrust.

I've read through the entire pages of the forum, the only person that pointed it out was @krone12, which was over a year ago. There were no responds to @krone12 after @Calvin_Maclure cleared it up.

Hello @M4GiC, thanks for bringing these issues up. Regarding the first issue with plume length; this is due to the particle count limit that is imposed by SmokeScreen. When multiple engines are firing they are all contributing to the global particle max which causes the plumes to be shorter so all of the engines are still giving off an effect. However, if you just have one engine firing, the plume is able to achieve it's designed length since it isn't fighting for particle count with all of the other engines running. To get around this issue you can either go into the SmokeScreen config and change it to a higher number, or download the toolbar mod and change it with the ingame GUI for SmokeScreen. For reference, I believe SmokeScreen initializes as a default global max of 1000, but when I do my configs and test them myself I have it raised to 10,000. Obviously this is a drastically higher number and I don't think is necessary for the everyday player. Keeping the number between 3000-5000 would likely be a good place to keep it at and *should* help in the issue you're seeing.

In regards to the retrograde/prograde exhaust length change; I highly doubt it is possible. RPS runs off of the capabilities of SmokeScreen (@sarbian correct me if I'm wrong) and I don't believe it can be done.

4 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Hello @M4GiC, thanks for bringing these issues up. Regarding the first issue with plume length; this is due to the particle count limit that is imposed by SmokeScreen. When multiple engines are firing they are all contributing to the global particle max which causes the plumes to be shorter so all of the engines are still giving off an effect. However, if you just have one engine firing, the plume is able to achieve it's designed length since it isn't fighting for particle count with all of the other engines running. To get around this issue you can either go into the SmokeScreen config and change it to a higher number, or download the toolbar mod and change it with the ingame GUI for SmokeScreen. For reference, I believe SmokeScreen initializes as a default global max of 1000, but when I do my configs and test them myself I have it raised to 10,000. Obviously this is a drastically higher number and I don't think is necessary for the everyday player. Keeping the number between 3000-5000 would likely be a good place to keep it at and *should* help in the issue you're seeing.

In regards to the retrograde/prograde exhaust length change; I highly doubt it is possible. RPS runs off of the capabilities of SmokeScreen (@sarbian correct me if I'm wrong) and I don't believe it can be done.

I saw some of your posts regarding increasing the particle count limit in SmokeScreen config, but I never thought it would fix that, so thank you so much, will try it later.

Yeah, it does seems impossible to be simulated, even if it does, it would require a lot of efforts. I have absolutely no experience modding/modelling stuff, so what can I say about it. Thanks for your time, @Nhawks17. You're awesome!  

1 minute ago, M4GiC said:

I saw some of your posts regarding increasing the particle count limit in SmokeScreen config, but I never thought it would fix that, so thank you so much, will try it later.

Yeah, it does seems impossible to be simulated, even if it does, it would require a lot of efforts. I have absolutely no experience modding/modelling stuff, so what can I say about it. Thanks for your time, @Nhawks17. You're awesome!  

No worries :) Hope it fixes it! Keep me posted if it doesn't!

Hey, Im having a strange issue with this mod.  Running 1.3, a few mods, but some reason my Nerv motors dont work at all after installing this mod.  They sit burning fuel creating no thrust.  

Any suggestions?  I would be happy to simply remove effects from the Nerv engine (Stock plumes would be ok =[) but I love what this does for my Rapiers and other engines.  

6 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

No, it s not possible currently. @M4GiC The main constraint with engine interacting with each others and plume when going retrograde is that it would require a lot more CPU (unless someone has a brilliant idea). I had some ideas for engine clusters (like on the Falcon 9) but I never managed to make them work properly...

1 hour ago, The_Joe said:

Hey, Im having a strange issue with this mod.  Running 1.3, a few mods, but some reason my Nerv motors dont work at all after installing this mod.  They sit burning fuel creating no thrust.  

Any suggestions?  I would be happy to simply remove effects from the Nerv engine (Stock plumes would be ok =[) but I love what this does for my Rapiers and other engines.  

Just to be clear, you're referring to the stock atomic motor right?

9 hours ago, sarbian said:

No, it s not possible currently. @M4GiC The main constraint with engine interacting with each others and plume when going retrograde is that it would require a lot more CPU (unless someone has a brilliant idea). I had some ideas for engine clusters (like on the Falcon 9) but I never managed to make them work properly...

Thanks for the clear up, @sarbian. It's okay if it is not possible yet. I love the mod the way it is now, but it would be really really cool to have the plume interacts with drag and velocity, just like I said.  Though, keep up the great work! Thank you for your time.

Also while we're still at it, the first issue I was having is now fixed and working the as I wanted it to. But there's one more thing I would like to fix. 

XwVKAhs.jpg

What should I add to the config to remove/shorten the red-circled plume? Thanks in advance! 

16 hours ago, The_Joe said:

Yes, which is why I am confused.  

Try out this version and let me know if it is still happening. I'm not getting this bug in my testing. Notice this is a development version and the plumes that have not had config updates might look off/ugly. Anyone can feel free to download and use this version just know I won't give any support if you're using it :wink: 

8 hours ago, M4GiC said:

Thanks for the clear up, @sarbian. It's okay if it is not possible yet. I love the mod the way it is now, but it would be really really cool to have the plume interacts with drag and velocity, just like I said.  Though, keep up the great work! Thank you for your time.

Also while we're still at it, the first issue I was having is now fixed and working the as I wanted it to. But there's one more thing I would like to fix. 

XwVKAhs.jpg

What should I add to the config to remove/shorten the red-circled plume? Thanks in advance! 

If you could send me the mod you're using as well as the engine I'll be able to tell you :) 

50 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Try out this version and let me know if it is still happening. I'm not getting this bug in my testing. Notice this is a development version and the plumes that have not had config updates might look off/ugly. Anyone can feel free to download and use this version just know I won't give any support if you're using it :wink: 

Well, still happening.  =[

Its obvious to me that this is not an issue with your mod, just a weird conflict because Im using too many mods.  If I wanted to still use Real Plume could I tell it to no longer affect the Nervs?  This seems to be the only engine affected.  

Thanks for the help!  Ive been using mods on Skyrim and Fallout for years, but Im a KSP newb.

2 hours ago, The_Joe said:

Well, still happening.  =[

Its obvious to me that this is not an issue with your mod, just a weird conflict because Im using too many mods.  If I wanted to still use Real Plume could I tell it to no longer affect the Nervs?  This seems to be the only engine affected.  

Thanks for the help!  Ive been using mods on Skyrim and Fallout for years, but Im a KSP newb.

Yep! You can delete the following file and it will remove the RP effects

\GameData\RealPlume-Stock\Squad\nuclearEngine.cfg

Let me know if this fixes it, also if you have the time, post a screenshot of your whole Gamedata folder so I can see what might be conflicting.

That "Fixed" the problem I was having!  Thank you!  

KSP: 1.3 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.4.4
Filter Extensions - 3.0.4
Toolbar - 1.7.14
USI Tools - 0.9.3
AllYAllContinued - 0.11
B9 Animation Modules - 1.0.6
B9 Aerospace - 6.3.2
B9 Aerospace - 6.3.2
B9 Aerospace HX Parts - 6.3.2
B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.40.13
Community Category Kit - 2.0.1
Community Resource Pack - 0.7.2
CommunityTechTree - 3.2
Contract Configurator - 1.23.2
Contract Pack: Clever Sats - 1.4
Contract Pack: Field Research - 1.2.1
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.7.0.1
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus - 1.5.2
CryoEngines - 0.5.8
CryoTanks - 0.4.7
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.15
CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.0.2.7
Contract Parser - 1.0.7
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.8.1
Progress Parser - 1.0.8
DynamicBatteryStorage - 1.1
Easy Vessel Switch - 1.3
Firespitter - 7.6
GroundConstruction - 1.2
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 2.7.1
RasterPropMonitor - 0.29
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.3
KerbalAtomics - 0.4.8
Kerbal Foundries - 2.0.2.7
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.3.3
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.5
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
KSPWheel - 0.9.5.17
NearFutureConstruction - 0.8.3
NearFutureElectrical - 0.9.5
NearFutureLaunchVehicles - 1.1.1
NearFutureProps - 0.1
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.9.4
NearFutureSolar - 0.8.6
NearFutureSpacecraft - 0.7.3
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.5.1
Precise Node - 1.2.5
Procedural Parts - 1.2.12
RealPlume - Stock - 0.11.4
Recovery Controller - 0.0.2
SETI-Contracts - 1.3
SETI-ProbeParts - 1.3.0.2
SpaceY Expanded - 1.3.1
SpaceY Lifters - 1.16
StageRecovery - 1.7.2
StationPartsExpansion - 0.5.1
StationScienceContinued - 2.3
TakeCommandContinued - 1.4.9
TokamakIndustries - 0.1.9
Trajectories - 1.7
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.5
USI Core - 0.4.2
Asteroid Recycling Tech - 0.10.3
USI Exploration Pack - 0.8.2
Freight Transport Tech - 0.7.2
Konstruction - 0.2.2
USI-LS - 0.6.2
MKS - 0.52.2
NuclearRockets - 0.4.2
Sounding Rockets - 0.6.2
Universal Storage - 1.3.0.1
Unmanned before Manned - 1.3.0.2
Waypoint Manager - 2.7
[x] Science! - 5.10

I can post a screen shot also, but this seemed easier and like it should give you the same info.  All mods installed with CKAN.

EDIT:  My god this mod is good.  I am enjoying it a lot.  

Edited by The_Joe

4 hours ago, The_Joe said:

That "Fixed" the problem I was having!  Thank you!  

KSP: 1.3 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.4.4
Filter Extensions - 3.0.4
Toolbar - 1.7.14
USI Tools - 0.9.3
AllYAllContinued - 0.11
B9 Animation Modules - 1.0.6
B9 Aerospace - 6.3.2
B9 Aerospace - 6.3.2
B9 Aerospace HX Parts - 6.3.2
B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.40.13
Community Category Kit - 2.0.1
Community Resource Pack - 0.7.2
CommunityTechTree - 3.2
Contract Configurator - 1.23.2
Contract Pack: Clever Sats - 1.4
Contract Pack: Field Research - 1.2.1
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.7.0.1
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus - 1.5.2
CryoEngines - 0.5.8
CryoTanks - 0.4.7
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.15
CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.0.2.7
Contract Parser - 1.0.7
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.8.1
Progress Parser - 1.0.8
DynamicBatteryStorage - 1.1
Easy Vessel Switch - 1.3
Firespitter - 7.6
GroundConstruction - 1.2
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 2.7.1
RasterPropMonitor - 0.29
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.3
KerbalAtomics - 0.4.8
Kerbal Foundries - 2.0.2.7
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.3.3
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.5
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
KSPWheel - 0.9.5.17
NearFutureConstruction - 0.8.3
NearFutureElectrical - 0.9.5
NearFutureLaunchVehicles - 1.1.1
NearFutureProps - 0.1
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.9.4
NearFutureSolar - 0.8.6
NearFutureSpacecraft - 0.7.3
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.5.1
Precise Node - 1.2.5
Procedural Parts - 1.2.12
RealPlume - Stock - 0.11.4
Recovery Controller - 0.0.2
SETI-Contracts - 1.3
SETI-ProbeParts - 1.3.0.2
SpaceY Expanded - 1.3.1
SpaceY Lifters - 1.16
StageRecovery - 1.7.2
StationPartsExpansion - 0.5.1
StationScienceContinued - 2.3
TakeCommandContinued - 1.4.9
TokamakIndustries - 0.1.9
Trajectories - 1.7
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.5
USI Core - 0.4.2
Asteroid Recycling Tech - 0.10.3
USI Exploration Pack - 0.8.2
Freight Transport Tech - 0.7.2
Konstruction - 0.2.2
USI-LS - 0.6.2
MKS - 0.52.2
NuclearRockets - 0.4.2
Sounding Rockets - 0.6.2
Universal Storage - 1.3.0.1
Unmanned before Manned - 1.3.0.2
Waypoint Manager - 2.7
[x] Science! - 5.10

I can post a screen shot also, but this seemed easier and like it should give you the same info.  All mods installed with CKAN.

EDIT:  My god this mod is good.  I am enjoying it a lot.  

What is that NuclearRockets mod near the bottom? 

17 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

If you could send me the mod you're using as well as the engine I'll be able to tell you :) 

Nevermind, I changed the pre-fabbed line in the config for the engine from "kerolox-lower" to "kerolox-upper". That removes the part I circled. :D 

Edited by M4GiC

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

Ahh okay. Well I don't see anything that could be conflicting. Sorry it isn't working!

I'm wondering if this is the source of the problem. This mod does make changes to the stock NERV engines. 

Created by the same gentleman that does the near future technologies, this mod makes the nukes run on liquid hydrogen (which I had to change back with an additional add-on) and gives them reactors which can create power. 

Like I said, I'm happy with how it's working after removing the nuclear config, but if you are wanting to look into comparability concerns, might be a good place to check.

Hello. Can anyone help with this issue?

RealPlume seems to be killing the sound on some of my engines. It seems to be all the engines that are designed for space flight rather than atmospheric flight, i.e. the terrier, vens stock revamp thunder, etc. The plume (on the launchpad) is the wimpy blue flames, and there's zero sound. It messes with both stock engines and vens stock revamp engines.

Any ideas on how to fix this? If I remove realplume then the parts go back to making sound, but they look way worse :( I really like this mod but I won't lie, not having your engines make sound is really sad.

EDIT: Okay I did some poking around in the files. Not really sure what I'm doing, but I looked at which plume the engines that were causing no sound used. It was the hypergolic OMS white. So I went into that plume and then saw which sound clip it was using, sound_spsloop. Well I changed that to sound_altloop2, which is the one the basic engines use (reliant, swivel, etc). Now they make sound! I have no idea why that would make any difference though, because sound_spsloop file is in the KW_Sounds folder and sounds fine when I play it. So I can't imagine why it's not able to play in the game...

EDIT2: Upon further research, putting sound_spsloop back in, it seems it makes sound, it's just VERY quiet. For example, the Thunder engine, in Ven's Stock Revamp, is barely audible even at full thrust in a vacuum. This is obviously not good. How do I make these louder? Looking at the cfg file, the audio part for the OMS-White engines looks like this. Is there any way to mess with this to increase the volume of the engines which use Hypergolic-OMS-WHITE?

AUDIO
            {
                channel = Ship
                clip = RealPlume/KW_Sounds/sound_spsloop
                volume = 0.0 0.0
                volume = #$../../../PLUME[Hypergolic-OMS-White]/plumeScale$
                @volume,1 ^= :^:1.0 :
                pitch = 0.0 1.0
                pitch = 1.0 1.0
                loop = true
            }

Alternately, could I mess with the individual engines themselves? The Thunder engine looks like this in the cfg:

@PART[liquidEngineMiniTurbo]:FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen] //Rockomax 105-7P "Thunder" Liquid Fuel Engine
{
    PLUME
    {
        name = Hypergolic-OMS-White
        transformName = thrustTransform
        localRotation = 0,0,0
        flarePosition = 0,0,-0.82
        plumePosition = 0,0,0.1
        fixedScale = 0.1
        energy = 1.1
        speed = 1.5
    }
    @MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
    {
        @name = ModuleEnginesFX
        %powerEffectName = Hypergolic-OMS-White
    }
}

I feel like changing the fixedScale would change the volume, but I also feel like it would also change the size of the plume, which I don't really want. 

Edited by Crixomix

6 hours ago, The_Joe said:

I'm wondering if this is the source of the problem. This mod does make changes to the stock NERV engines. 

Created by the same gentleman that does the near future technologies, this mod makes the nukes run on liquid hydrogen (which I had to change back with an additional add-on) and gives them reactors which can create power. 

Like I said, I'm happy with how it's working after removing the nuclear config, but if you are wanting to look into comparability concerns, might be a good place to check.

I am not sure if @Nertea has been pointed to that special issue, but now that I read it, I remember the LV-N emitting a constant plume even though the engine was at zero throttle. In my case tat was only an FX glitch but didn't affect the function. So I guess with RP and Kerbal Atomics both installed, you see the full plume at any throttle setting. When throttling up I'm sure the engines generates the thrust they're meat to. =) I Found some hint on the forum for a simple tweak for that long ago and everything's fine since then. If I remember correctly there was a double plume config. One in RP and one in KA. As for the Liquid Hydrogen, well, that's a key function of the mod. =)  

16 hours ago, SchrottBot said:

I am not sure if @Nertea has been pointed to that special issue, but now that I read it, I remember the LV-N emitting a constant plume even though the engine was at zero throttle. In my case tat was only an FX glitch but didn't affect the function. So I guess with RP and Kerbal Atomics both installed, you see the full plume at any throttle setting. When throttling up I'm sure the engines generates the thrust they're meat to. =) I Found some hint on the forum for a simple tweak for that long ago and everything's fine since then. If I remember correctly there was a double plume config. One in RP and one in KA. As for the Liquid Hydrogen, well, that's a key function of the mod. =)  

I attempted to use some of the other engine from Kerbal atomics for the first time last night and nothing works correctly, so it's time for me to do some more looking into what's wrong with that mod.  

I love the idea of using hydrogen for nukes, but it wrecked all my Mk2 spaceplane designs. Im thinking I could prolly just uninstall atomics. 

On 8/22/2017 at 0:06 PM, The_Joe said:

It's possible. I don't think I've used this mod before so I'll look into it and see if it is the cause and if I can include a fix. Thanks for the info!

On 8/22/2017 at 6:16 PM, Crixomix said:

Hello. Can anyone help with this issue?

RealPlume seems to be killing the sound on some of my engines. It seems to be all the engines that are designed for space flight rather than atmospheric flight, i.e. the terrier, vens stock revamp thunder, etc. The plume (on the launchpad) is the wimpy blue flames, and there's zero sound. It messes with both stock engines and vens stock revamp engines.

Any ideas on how to fix this? If I remove realplume then the parts go back to making sound, but they look way worse :( I really like this mod but I won't lie, not having your engines make sound is really sad.

EDIT: Okay I did some poking around in the files. Not really sure what I'm doing, but I looked at which plume the engines that were causing no sound used. It was the hypergolic OMS white. So I went into that plume and then saw which sound clip it was using, sound_spsloop. Well I changed that to sound_altloop2, which is the one the basic engines use (reliant, swivel, etc). Now they make sound! I have no idea why that would make any difference though, because sound_spsloop file is in the KW_Sounds folder and sounds fine when I play it. So I can't imagine why it's not able to play in the game...

EDIT2: Upon further research, putting sound_spsloop back in, it seems it makes sound, it's just VERY quiet. For example, the Thunder engine, in Ven's Stock Revamp, is barely audible even at full thrust in a vacuum. This is obviously not good. How do I make these louder? Looking at the cfg file, the audio part for the OMS-White engines looks like this. Is there any way to mess with this to increase the volume of the engines which use Hypergolic-OMS-WHITE?

AUDIO
            {
                channel = Ship
                clip = RealPlume/KW_Sounds/sound_spsloop
                volume = 0.0 0.0
                volume = #$../../../PLUME[Hypergolic-OMS-White]/plumeScale$
                @volume,1 ^= :^:1.0 :
                pitch = 0.0 1.0
                pitch = 1.0 1.0
                loop = true
            }

Alternately, could I mess with the individual engines themselves? The Thunder engine looks like this in the cfg:

@PART[liquidEngineMiniTurbo]:FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen] //Rockomax 105-7P "Thunder" Liquid Fuel Engine
{
    PLUME
    {
        name = Hypergolic-OMS-White
        transformName = thrustTransform
        localRotation = 0,0,0
        flarePosition = 0,0,-0.82
        plumePosition = 0,0,0.1
        fixedScale = 0.1
        energy = 1.1
        speed = 1.5
    }
    @MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
    {
        @name = ModuleEnginesFX
        %powerEffectName = Hypergolic-OMS-White
    }
}

I feel like changing the fixedScale would change the volume, but I also feel like it would also change the size of the plume, which I don't really want. 

Yeah this is a known issue. It'll be fixed in the 1.0.0 version but I have yet to have time to complete it. A WIP dev build is available through this link, but if you use it I will not provide support for any issues that may arise, but this does have improved plumes/configs/everything so up to you.

11 hours ago, Grand Ship Builder said:

You should make it so the engines have to throttle up to maximum instead of simply activating in order to activate the loud activation sound. I hate having to hear a large "boom" every time I activate or de-activate an engine.

I'm not quite sure if this is possible but I will definitely look into it post-1.0.0 because it's an issue I loathe like as well.

10 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

It's possible. I don't think I've used this mod before so I'll look into it and see if it is the cause and if I can include a fix. Thanks for the info!

On 8/22/2017 at 4:10 PM, SchrottBot said:

So, I went back in and did some fiddling since things were not working 100%. Ended up deleting the changes Atomics makes to the Nerv engines, and reverting atomics back to using liquid hydrogen and things seem to be working awesome now. The plume on the Nerv engines is fantastic!

A few screenshots in here from last night's mission. Real plume added a lot of joy to this.