[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

2 hours ago, Nightside said:

I'm happy to (totally unscientifically) report excellent performance with the new version! I play on a laptop so I'd always turned the Smokescreen particle count down, but now I can crank it UP to 4000-5000 particles and the Tantares Soyuz launcher looks great! 

Thanks for your efforts @Nhawks17

You can thank @sarbian for adding support for shuriken particles :) It's done wonders to performance.

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:28 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Curse sucks and Spacedock rocks. :cool:

Spacedock (algorithm)sucks and Curse rocks. Seriously though, mods that are getting 1 or 2 downloads daily are rated higher than mods that are getting twenty daily. Their featured list still host mods that have been outdated for many KSP updates. Also, in the past month my curse downloads are killing my spacedock. Once again, spacedock sucks!

Edited by harrisjosh2711

8 hours ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Spacedock (algorithm)sucks and Curse rocks. Seriously though, mods that are getting 1 or 2 downloads daily are rated higher than mods that are getting twenty daily. Their featured list still host mods that have been outdated for many KSP updates. Also, in the past month my curse downloads are killing my spacedock. Once again, spacedock sucks!

*CKAN laughing in the distance*

Greetings,

The newest version of RealPlume STock is causing the SDHI LES system to show that it is firing when getting ready to launch.  There is no thrust, just the fx showing flame / exhaust coming from the LES ( the solid fuel remains full as well ).  I have gone back to the previous version and this has gone away.

I created a separate KSP area for testing this and it is repeatable and stable.  New version, LES effects trigger.  Previous version, works as it should / as designed.

What can i send to you that would help get to the bottom of this?  normal logs?

I am running ksp 1.3 64bit on win7 pro 64 bit.

Cheers and thanks for this / these great mods.  

14 hours ago, drtedastro said:

Greetings,

The newest version of RealPlume STock is causing the SDHI LES system to show that it is firing when getting ready to launch.  There is no thrust, just the fx showing flame / exhaust coming from the LES ( the solid fuel remains full as well ).  I have gone back to the previous version and this has gone away.

I created a separate KSP area for testing this and it is repeatable and stable.  New version, LES effects trigger.  Previous version, works as it should / as designed.

What can i send to you that would help get to the bottom of this?  normal logs?

I am running ksp 1.3 64bit on win7 pro 64 bit.

Cheers and thanks for this / these great mods.  

I'll have to look into it. I didn't get this issue when I was testing 1.0.0 so I'm not sure what's up. Are you sure you have the latest version of ModuleManager, SmokeScreen, and RealPlume that came with the download and no other versions in your Gamedata?

5 hours ago, drtedastro said:

Thanks,

i have uploaded screen shots and logs files for this.

realplume fx issues with newest version

The pic's show the issue and the logs should show what version(s) are present.

Cheers,

Those don't even look like what the plumes should be if they were working properly. I'm not quite sure, when I get a chance, I'll look into it.

4 hours ago, valala9 said:

Hey, i  copied all 3 RealPlume-Stock, RealPlume, and Smokescreen folders in my Game data, but i don't have any Smokescreen setting button when i play. How can i do?

Get the toolbar mod

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, GamingJose said:

I cant seem to get it to work? how do i properly install the mod? Dragging smokescreen and plume-stock into Gamedata folder isnt doing it. Pls help thx :)

Do you also have ModuleManager installed and the RealPlume folder? They too were included in the download.

13 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Do you also have ModuleManager installed and the RealPlume folder? They too were included in the download.

My ZIP file (RealPlume-Stock_v1.0.0.zip) includes the following files: Gamedata > Smokescreen, ModuleManager.2.8.1.dll, RealPlume, RealPlume-Stock.

Keep in mind i am running without Realism Overhaul and the mods i want to use it with are Squad and KWRocketry Redux. Thanks :) im on mac btw. Running ksp 1.3.0

Edited by GamingJose
version of ksp

1 hour ago, GamingJose said:

My ZIP file (RealPlume-Stock_v1.0.0.zip) includes the following files: Gamedata > Smokescreen, ModuleManager.2.8.1.dll, RealPlume, RealPlume-Stock.

Keep in mind i am running without Realism Overhaul and the mods i want to use it with are Squad and KWRocketry Redux. Thanks :) im on mac btw. Running ksp 1.3.0

You're on the right track, now just extract the contents of the zip's gamedata folder into your install's gamedata folder.

1 hour ago, Krakatoa said:

You're on the right track, now just extract the contents of the zip's gamedata folder into your install's gamedata folder.

So i just drag all the folders in? NVM i got it thx!!!! :)

Edited by GamingJose

8 hours ago, GamingJose said:

If you're using Realism Overhaul you should NOT being using RealPlume-Stock, Realism Overhaul comes with it's own version of RealPlume and configs specific for RO. This mod is designed for stock gameplays as well as planet packs that keep stock proportions.

10 hours ago, A_name said:

I want to make the sound effects louder. Can this be done via config?

Creating a patch for the plumes you want louder can be done. Check out the Global Patches file and look at the last two patches.