[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

Is it possible to make a smoke exhaust for turboprop engines and rotors? For example, for prop engines from the KAX, SXT, Airplane Plus? Without a flame, but with a good amount of smoke. Couse it's rather strange to fly turboprops and helicopters without exhaust gases at all...

If it si possible, is there any ready configs? Can anyone make or share it?

Hey, what a lovely mod!  I'm glad I dont have to play with RSS to have these awesome plume changes with altitude and in a vacuum. I'm really enjoying the experience so far.

I noticed today that the stock LV-T45 engine seems to have its flames starting above the engine bell:

ctqE47Y.png

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I'll use the information in the first post to see if I can make adjustments and report back.

Edit:   I tried changing plumePosition = 0,0,0.6 in liquidEngine2.cfg to various values from 0.1 to 12 and it didn't seem to have an effect on where the point of the flame starts.  Obviously I'm trying to lower it into the top of the engine bell.  Any kind words of assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Edit #2:  I wasn't able to figure it out, so if you read this and know what to do, please let me know!

Edited by klesh

hello, i installed Real Plume Stock alongside Engine lighting but my engines stopped litting... maybe am i doing something wrong or the mods arent compatible anymore? Also asked on the EL post. Really good mod, but im kind of "disapointed" with the Nerv plumes, there is a way to have only the nerv with stock plumes? or diferent plumes configs?

Thanks in advance :D

Hi,

I'm having issue with real plume with RO/RP-0 which is I actually haven't got any plume on my engines (but the sounds work fine).

I'm running KSP 1.2.2 , all good mods/dependencies, and real plume 10.5.1 with smokescreen 2.7.6.1

Thanks for your help (so strange having so intense engine sound going on and just no visuals haha)

Can someone help me pls. When I have moltable engines my plume doesn’t work it’s so short or it’s even not there. For example I’m using a rocket that I build, it has 9 KE-1 engines on first stage with 4 KE-1 Engine boosters. When I detach the boosters it’s coming almost normal. Second stage has 1 Stock Rino engine with 4 Soyuz engines, same when I detach that’s when it comes to normal. And 1 more  problem, the first time that I launched the game  it was completely fine in performance prospectif but second time that I launched it it was wors it was laggy not a lot but still 3- FPS (normally my game runs 8-10 FPS). How can I fix that.

mods that I use:

EVE

Stock Part Revamp

Real Plume

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2018 at 8:48 PM, Marschig said:

It works well with 1.4.3

Except a few of the stock engines have their plumes in a wrong position, as klesh pointed out, and changing parameters in cfg files is not making any difference. Would reallly love to see that fixed.

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has had any issues with RealPlume and Tantares/TantaresLV engines?

I know Tantares parts are listed as supported, but it seems like some don't have sound, fireballs, etc. whereas prior to installing this mod they did have effects.

I'm currently running KSP 1.4.3. Of course, I can provide more specifics to troubleshoot. (I haven't honestly done thorough testing, because I just noticed it today).

But thought I'd ask if there any recent known issues with Tantares parts?

Edited by scottadges

Currenty running 1.4.3, and i'm having problems with RealPlume and Smoke Screen. They seem to remove the Engine visual effects and sound effects. If anyone could provide some help, it would be much appreciated.

Update 05/07/2018: I've fixed my problems, go to next page to see solution. RealPlume wasn't the problem. 

Edited by AncientHoplite
Update.

2 hours ago, AncientHoplite said:

Currenty running 1.4.3, and i'm having problems with RealPlume and Smoke Screen. They seem to remove the Engine visual effects and sound effects. If anyone could provide some help, it would be much appreciated.

Need more info than that. Logs, mod list, specific parts that are affected

2 hours ago, AncientHoplite said:

15 minutes ago, GrubbyZebra said:

Need more info than that. Logs, mod list, specific parts that are affected

Having a similar issue to AncientHopelite, except I get the sound, but no visual effects. Willing to provide mod list and logs, but just how do I get the logs?

Thanks

3 hours ago, adm-frb said:

Having a similar issue to AncientHopelite, except I get the sound, but no visual effects. Willing to provide mod list and logs, but just how do I get the logs?

KSP Mod List
KSP Mod List
AnimatedDecouplers
DecouplerShroud
ModuleManager.3.0.7.dll
ModRocketSys
AerojetKerbodyne
SDHI Service Module System
RealChute
RealPlume
RealPlume-Stock
KerbalEngineer
Firespitter
SmokeScreen
TweakScale
ModuleManager.2.6.22.dll
ModuleManager.3.0.6.dll
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvf9u0gd8qsjq1l/output_log.txt?dl=0

A screenshot showing the lack of visual effects

n71wIlsh.png

Edited by adm-frb

18 minutes ago, adm-frb said:

Thanks

KSP Mod List
KSP Mod List
AnimatedDecouplers
DecouplerShroud
ModuleManager.3.0.7.dll
ModRocketSys
AerojetKerbodyne
SDHI Service Module System
RealChute
RealPlume
RealPlume-Stock
KerbalEngineer
Firespitter
SmokeScreen
TweakScale
ModuleManager.2.6.22.dll
ModuleManager.3.0.6.dll
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvf9u0gd8qsjq1l/output_log.txt?dl=0

A screenshot showing the lack of visual effects

n71wIlsh.png

Ok, first things first, get rid of the duplicate module managers. Also, the RealPlume Stock folder should be inside the RealPlume folder, not in the GameData folder. 

Will read through the log to see if anything jumps out.