[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

46 minutes ago, GrubbyZebra said:

Also, the RealPlume Stock folder should be inside the RealPlume folder, not in the GameData folder. 

Not necessarily, the folder only contains patches, no references to models or textures inside.

49 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

Not necessarily, the folder only contains patches, no references to models or textures inside.

I get that, but will the patches be applied properly if they are not in the folder with the mod .dll?

33 minutes ago, GrubbyZebra said:

I get that, but will the patches be applied properly if they are not in the folder with the mod .dll?

Ask yourself; do support patches by other mods supporting mods in other folders work?

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

Ask yourself; do support patches by other mods supporting mods in other folders work?

Not necessarily. I've had plenty of examples where putting the wrong level folder in gamedata caused a mod not to function.

14 hours ago, Wyzard said:

RealPlume and RealPlume-Stock are sibling folders in the zip, so I don't see any reason to think one belongs inside the other.  I've always had both in GameData and they work fine.

In the ckan installation, the stock folder is nested, I've never used the zip download.

22 hours ago, adm-frb said:

Thanks

KSP Mod List
KSP Mod List
AnimatedDecouplers
DecouplerShroud
ModuleManager.3.0.7.dll
ModRocketSys
AerojetKerbodyne
SDHI Service Module System
RealChute
RealPlume
RealPlume-Stock
KerbalEngineer
Firespitter
SmokeScreen
TweakScale
ModuleManager.2.6.22.dll
ModuleManager.3.0.6.dll
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvf9u0gd8qsjq1l/output_log.txt?dl=0

A screenshot showing the lack of visual effects

n71wIlsh.png

I set up a test install of 1.4.3 with the exact mods you have listed, except:

ONLY have MM 3.0.7 installed. 
Did not use the firespitter, smokescreen, or tweakscale that comes with Aerojet Kerbodyne (used the latest versions from CKAN). 

I was unable to reproduce the problem.

Hope this helps 

2 hours ago, GrubbyZebra said:

I set up a test install of 1.4.3 with the exact mods you have listed, except:

ONLY have MM 3.0.7 installed. 
Did not use the firespitter, smokescreen, or tweakscale that comes with Aerojet Kerbodyne (used the latest versions from CKAN). 

I was unable to reproduce the problem.

Hope this helps 

THanks Never even thought of not install the firespitter, smokescreen or tweakscale that is packaged with Aerojet Kerbodyne...

Working now...

1 hour ago, adm-frb said:

THanks Never even thought of not install the firespitter, smokescreen or tweakscale that is packaged with Aerojet Kerbodyne...

Working now...

Based on the posted KSP version for Aerojet, I would suspect the included versions of those mods are horribly out of date.

3 minutes ago, GrubbyZebra said:

Based on the posted KSP version for Aerojet, I would suspect the included versions of those mods are horribly out of date.

Probably...

the only engines that lack visible effects now are the Aerojet engines... Might have to try and create new cfg files for them using template on the first page

I must apologize. When i install KSP Mods i use something called KSP Mod Admin. Unfortunetly i had a few problems with some mods and had to use a feature which installs mods directly to the GameData folder when one can't be found. However the feature doesn't seem to work well and only installed 1/5 of all my mods properly, including RealPlume. I've uninstalled a ton of mods and reinstalled them properly and everything is working perfectly. If anyone uses KSP Mod Admin make sure you unzip RealPlume, go inside the folder and create another folder named GameData and put all of the contents of RealPlume (apart from ModuleManager) into the GameData folder you created. Then re-zip the folder and install it as you usually would. 

Thanks for the help everybody, i apologize for wasting your time.

P.S. Great mod by the way, i honeslty feel like i'm watching a Space X launch everytime i play the game. 

I have a question for anyone in the thread that may know, I'm trying to replace the stock jet engine sounds with custom modded sounds from airplane plus mod, and Blackheart was kind enough to even provide an optional custom MM config to do just that in his latest mod update. The problem is, it doesn't work in my game, and as far as I'm aware, real plume is the only mod I have that affects stock engines, in any way. Does anyone know of any files in realplume that may be preventing the application of the airplane plus mod sounds to the stock jet engines? Something that's either undoing the changes after they are applied, or stopping them from being applied at all? And if so, how do I stop this from occurring, without breaking real plume?

Edited by vardicd

11 hours ago, vardicd said:

I have a question for anyone in the thread that may know, I'm trying to replace the stock jet engine sounds with custom modded sounds from airplane plus mod, and Blackheart was kind enough to even provide an optional custom MM config to do just that in his latest mod update. The problem is, it doesn't work in my game, and as far as I'm aware, real plume is the only mod I have that affects stock engines, in any way. Does anyone know of any files in realplume that may be preventing the application of the airplane plus mod sounds to the stock jet engines? Something that's either undoing the changes after they are applied, or stopping them from being applied at all? And if so, how do I stop this from occurring, without breaking real plume?

Check if RealPlume comes with a cfg file for the jet engines in-game. Should be in the RealPlume>stock>Squad file i think. That could be the thing that overwrites all your changes. 

Edited by AncientHoplite

2 hours ago, AncientHoplite said:

Check if RealPlume comes with a cfg file for the jet engines in-game. Should be in the RealPlume>stock>Squad file i think. That could be the thing that overwrites all your changes. 

Oh there's definitely files for them in there I was just worried that if I started removing things out of there is end up breaking realplume somehow.

1 hour ago, IMLL1 said:

Are you not going to keep it going?

Are you not going to go back up the thread to find out for yourself what's going on?

Edited by JAFO

5 hours ago, vardicd said:

Oh there's definitely files for them in there I was just worried that if I started removing things out of there is end up breaking realplume somehow.

Just make backups and then start changing things. If everything goes to hell then replace the broken files with the backups.

14 hours ago, JAFO said:

Are you not going to go back up the thread to find out for yourself what's going on?

I looked, and I saw nothing that mentioned a halt in maintenance.

Hello to all.

quick question, i hope.  For the NearFutureTechnologies, orbitalEngine-0625.cfg, this engine's plume is in correct position for non-realplume but the plume gets moved to way behind the expected position when RealPlume Stock is applied.

if someone could let me know how to 'fix' this, then i can take care of any future 'features' that i might find and i can submit the update.

i have never messed around with this mod's configs and i am stumped.

Also, i have been trying to find the 'other' engines such as the orbital-engine-25-1, and they are not being shown / not found.

please let me know if you wish for the logs or if there is some known adjustment that i have missed in the previous posts.

cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2018 at 8:44 AM, Jack the Green Ghost said:

Hello everyone!

So I have a problem with RealPlume and that's when I have more engines the plume hers shorter and more blurred. And if that's not the case normally my game already runs slow and I can see every individual ball of plume how can I fix those issues PLS HELP

There's a limit on how many particles can be shown at a time, and with lots of engines you're hitting that limit.