[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

1 hour ago, Alexoff said:

Some strange bug came to my craft. I split it into several small probes and then there are no plumes for several engines (aerospike, spark)! but plumes work for other crafts on the launchpad.

What's happened?

Logs:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0L7tcgfuAt2aDVJZTM3V1FkWm8/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0L7tcgfuAt2TWxpa1ZsX2VWNEE/view?usp=sharing

When you say you split it into small probes, were the plumes not showing after they were detached and you were focused on that craft? Did quick saving and loading fix the issue? I haven't heard of this issue before so I'll probably have to see if I can recreate it.

11 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

When you say you split it into small probes, were the plumes not showing after they were detached and you were focused on that craft? Did quick saving and loading fix the issue? I haven't heard of this issue before so I'll probably have to see if I can recreate it.

I can see plumes on my probes after spliting, but after first reloads there is no plume at all. Here is my save file (maybe need mechjeb), craft near Laythe and near Vall have no plume!;.;

2 hours ago, Alexoff said:

I can see plumes on my probes after spliting, but after first reloads there is no plume at all. Here is my save file (maybe need mechjeb), craft near Laythe and near Vall have no plume!;.;

Were the probes attached by there engines? If that's the case, it's a SmokeScreen bug where effects don't show on root parts.

5 hours ago, DerpyFirework said:

Were the probes attached by there engines? If that's the case, it's a SmokeScreen bug where effects don't show on root parts.

Well, there is no fix or solution for this bug?

How do I replace engines' emmisives with other ones?  For example replacing the Mainsail's plume with one that looks like the Vector's but bigger and replacing the Skipper's with one that looks like the Rhino's but smaller?

15 minutes ago, Whovian41110 said:

How do I replace engines' emmisives with other ones?  For example replacing the Mainsail's plume with one that looks like the Vector's but bigger and replacing the Skipper's with one that looks like the Rhino's but smaller?

Check out the contributing section in the OP, it tells you how to write configs for engines and there is a link to a more detailed guide if you need more information.

1 hour ago, Whovian41110 said:

Where is this in Blizzy's toolbar?  I cant find it in the list of icons.

Did you look in the drop down menu and add button? It'll be listed there if you have Smoke Screen installed.

Just now, Nhawks17 said:

Did you look in the drop down menu and add button? It'll be listed there if you have Smoke Screen installed.

The Smokescreen icon is there but it only displays what particles I have not any config options

12 hours ago, Whovian41110 said:

The Smokescreen icon is there but it only displays what particles I have not any config options

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back, just look at the included pictures and it'll show how you get to the config editor for an engine.

Spoiler

ecxQAFD.jpg

4kLxk5P.jpg

Which mod was used for the rocket in the second album down? Looks like something that would be quite useful.

Amazing overhaul, by the way! I downloaded it a few weeks ago and it just adds an extra touch to the game to make it absolutely perfect!

Edited by XpertKerbalKSP

23 hours ago, Whovian41110 said:

I'm not sure :( The album was "donated" by a user on the old RealPlume thread.

On 3/1/2016 at 8:49 AM, FiiZzioN said:

Would there be any way to allow mirroring of plumes / flares? I've made plenty configs but I've run into a few situations where, without a RealPlume config, the effects mirror / appear opposite of each other. The part that's confusing is I've made configs that properly mirror, but then there are situations like this where it's the completely different situation.

That's the most recent example and by far the most frustrating since I love that part mod, but realplume would make it even better. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quoting so hopefully I get some sorta response / help.

22 minutes ago, FiiZzioN said:

Quoting so hopefully I get some sorta response / help.

Not 100% but this might be something wrong with how the thrustTransforms were set up by the mod author. Going to ping @DerpyFirework for his thoughts as well.

1 hour ago, TeeGee said:

Is it possible to get configs for VENSstock revamp VECTOR engine? 

I've tried that engine part out and it is still using the stock plumes.

Please and thanks!

Is this a new engine? All Ven's engines that can have them for the mod have them (Unless it's new of course)

5 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Is this a new engine? All Ven's engines that can have them for the mod have them (Unless it's new of course)

I built a shuttle using vens vector with real fuels but for some reason I kept seeing stock plumes for the engine. I have it using hydrolox as a fuel as well.

Just now, TeeGee said:

I built a shuttle using vens vector with real fuels but for some reason I kept seeing stock plumes for the engine. I have it using hydrolox as a fuel as well.

Test it without Real Fuels and see if it works.

10 hours ago, TeeGee said:

10 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Test it without Real Fuels and see if it works.

I'm using Vens and it works just fine, at least it seems. I also have another version using LH2/LOX added via MM by using CryoEngines / CryoTanks / KerbalAtomics and that also works. Hopefully this info will be of some use in figuring out what's up!

Edited by FiiZzioN

16 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Not 100% but this might be something wrong with how the thrustTransforms were set up by the mod author. Going to ping @DerpyFirework for his thoughts as well.

On 02/03/2016 at 1:49 PM, FiiZzioN said:

Would there be any way to allow mirroring of plumes / flares? I've made plenty configs but I've run into a few situations where, without a RealPlume config, the effects mirror / appear opposite of each other. The part that's confusing is I've made configs that properly mirror, but then there are situations like this where it's the completely different situation.

That's the most recent example and by far the most frustrating since I love that part mod, but realplume would make it even better. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My guess for this is that the transforms are not perfectly symmetrical, I had this problem back when that mod first came out too.

I'd give more detail, but I'm not very good at explaining these things.

On 3/17/2016 at 6:00 AM, FiiZzioN said:

I'm using Vens and it works just fine, at least it seems. I also have another version using LH2/LOX added via MM by using CryoEngines / CryoTanks / KerbalAtomics and that also works. Hopefully this info will be of some use in figuring out what's up!

Nope I'm still having issues with vens vector engine not showing the real plume textures.

iJhdHEB.png

GFxnJKU.png

Normally engines that are configured with Real plume would show on the last sentence of the engine description.

1 hour ago, TeeGee said:

Nope I'm still having issues with vens vector engine not showing the real plume textures.

iJhdHEB.png

GFxnJKU.png

Normally engines that are configured with Real plume would show on the last sentence of the engine description.

That's not a Ven's engine, that's stock. New in 1.0.5, I coulda sworn I made a config for it. It'll have to wait until Sunday until I can work on it and I'll make a new release then.

6 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

That's not a Ven's engine, that's stock. New in 1.0.5, I coulda sworn I made a config for it. It'll have to wait until Sunday until I can work on it and I'll make a new release then.

Take your time, I really appreciate all of your amazing work my friend!! Thank you so much!