[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

16 hours ago, pearldrumbum said:

Hello, thanks for the great mod! I love using it in my 1.0.5 RO install.

For 1.1, I've noticed some performance issues, however. I've been messing around with 1.1 and mods the last couple of nights, always using no more than 3-4 mods at a time so I can isolate problems easier. Last night I was having serious lag problems that I think are related to Real Plume. In atmo, especially, my FPS was dropping to about 2-3 whenever I had the plume in the camera view. Lag would go away when I zoomed in and focused the camera toward the sky, cutting the plume out of the camera view. It was especially bad at launch, and got slightly better the higher the altitude. After work tonight, I'm going to remove all other mods (currently: EVE, scatterer, plant shine, and KER) except for Real Plume and its dependents and try to isolate it. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this, or if any of those mods I just listed are known to give problems.

I know 1.1 and all 'updated' mods are still in testing phase, but I'd like to help out with feedback when I can. Please let me know if there's any other tests you'd like me to run as well.

E: I'm doing all my testing with stock crafts by the way. Most commonly KerbalX.

Go into the SmokeScreen folder, open the settings file (or something similarly named) and change the max particle count to be a lower number.

9 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Go into the SmokeScreen folder, open the settings file (or something similarly named) and change the max particle count to be a lower number.

I think I found the issue. I fell victim to the ol'  nvidia optimus pitfall. Once I added KSP 64bit to the list of programs it improved things 10 fold

16 hours ago, pearldrumbum said:

I think I found the issue. I fell victim to the ol'  nvidia optimus pitfall. Once I added KSP 64bit to the list of programs it improved things 10 fold

Ahh ok awesome!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RealPlume-Stock v0.10.4 [KSP 1.1]

- Fixed issue with HGR config file

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay no more crashing

Hi there,

love your mod. I just added support for the engines coming with AerojetKerbodyne in my install using the tutorial on the git. Worked like a charm.

Now, the KW rocketry engines, especially the 3.75m quad engines have quite some gaps in their plumes upon start up. Any way to close those gaps?

Cheers for making this mod!

24 minutes ago, StarStreak2109 said:

Hi there,

love your mod. I just added support for the engines coming with AerojetKerbodyne in my install using the tutorial on the git. Worked like a charm.

Now, the KW rocketry engines, especially the 3.75m quad engines have quite some gaps in their plumes upon start up. Any way to close those gaps?

Cheers for making this mod!

Can you post pictures? I don't know what you mean by gaps. Also, make sure you're not making any additional configs that have already been made for KW, looking at the git repo there are 21 engine configs there.

You said KW :P And you can adjust those gaps by changing the speed variable

Update for the masses! This is just a general update to include the latest files for the dependencies in the download as well as adding some new configs that have been made since the last release. This version officially ends support for KSP 1.0.5 as 1.1 is in full release so make sure you're on the latest version!

RealPlume-Stock v0.10.5

- Jool DIRECT support

- Eve Optimized Engines support

- Module Manager update

- Smoke Screen update

WOO! KSP 1.1 is out!! Rejoice!

Sorry for the dumb question.  I see in CKAN two versions of realplume.  "realplume" and "realplume stock configs".  The descriptions are exactly the same.  One by Felger and the other by you Nhawk.  What is the difference between them?

30 minutes ago, jpinard said:

Sorry for the dumb question.  I see in CKAN two versions of realplume.  "realplume" and "realplume stock configs".  The descriptions are exactly the same.  One by Felger and the other by you Nhawk.  What is the difference between them?

They go hand in hand.  You need both if you play with stock planets.   If you play with Realism Overhaul you just need plain RealPlumes. 

31 minutes ago, Berlin said:

They go hand in hand.  You need both if you play with stock planets.   If you play with Realism Overhaul you just need plain RealPlumes. 

Wow that was not the answer I was expecting.  Thanks!  Does the same hold true for something like Planetshine and Eve?  They also have two versions one normal and one with default configs.

21 minutes ago, jpinard said:

Wow that was not the answer I was expecting.  Thanks!  Does the same hold true for something like Planetshine and Eve?  They also have two versions one normal and one with default configs.

Yes as far as I know.  Some mods change planet names and sizes so the configs in Planetshine and EVE must be altered to reflect those changes otherwise they won't know what planet to put clouds or shine on.  Don't go quoting me but I'm pretty sure that's the reason you see some mods with multiple choices. 

In my latest stock playthrough I noticed that the Swivel engine and other LFO engines carry the white smoke into vacuum, whereas IIRC the smoke shouldn't be generated in a vacuum? Is this something on the plugin's or config's side? Otherwise awesome work making this unmissable eyecandy available for Non-RO play! 

17 hours ago, NoMrBond said:

Hi @Nhawks17, could you please add KOSMOS URM and SSPP to the supported mod list in the OP?

My PR with their configs got added a while ago but KOSMOS never made the list for some reason

Could you link the mods in question for me? I'm only finding old locked threads :huh:

53 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

I am not getting any smoke FX from the mainsails, just the plume. Other engines are fine with both fireFX and smoke trail.

Pictures? Logs?

Edited by Nhawks17

Some pictures from launch, 16.000m and orbit. (Yes I know there is no smoke trail in orbit, just wanted to show the plume) Plume is ok, but no smoketrail. Using latest build 0.10.6 running on standard directX on a nVidia GTX980

Will post a log a in a bit

Edited by SkyKaptn