[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

46 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

@Nhawks17 Could it be done to simulate wing contrails from high AoA and/or G-forces? I imagine a tiny placeable object that could be clipped into wings and is triggered when certain values are reached. This would make for an excellent immersion factor for us fighter jockeys.

a2Y9pfd.jpg

I have no idea honestly :( I only write the config files for the engines. The effects were assembled by @Felger and I don't have the slightest clue how that kind of stuff is created :/ 

3 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

I have no idea honestly :( I only write the config files for the engines. The effects were assembled by @Felger and I don't have the slightest clue how that kind of stuff is created :/ 

4 hours ago, SkyKaptn said:

@Nhawks17 Could it be done to simulate wing contrails from high AoA and/or G-forces? I imagine a tiny placeable object that could be clipped into wings and is triggered when certain values are reached. This would make for an excellent immersion factor for us fighter jockeys.

There has been mention of shaders over in the FAR thread by Ferram for the latest update. If any specific were posted, I missed them. I'm not sure how shaders would help FAR from an aerodynamic computation perspective, since as far as I know they are graphical in nature. So my speculation is that FAR will have visible aerodynamic effects coming soon. But don't quote me on that

On 12/18/2016 at 2:32 AM, Bombaatu said:

I installed linuxgurugamer's SXT_Continued & this mod - the plumes for the SXT engines are on all the time regardless of throttle. Didn't know if this was a know issue or not.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Link to SXT_Continued:

I experienced this issue also, I have not investigated as I am currently playing a stock game.

I also am having the issue of some of the engines from SXT Continued constantly having their plumes shown, regardless of throttle.

The two engines I've noticed it happening on:

BA-2 "Flicker" Liquid Fuel Engine

BA-8 "Flare" Liquid Fuel Engine

On 21/12/2016 at 1:03 AM, Drew Kerman said:

There has been mention of shaders over in the FAR thread by Ferram for the latest update. If any specific were posted, I missed them. I'm not sure how shaders would help FAR from an aerodynamic computation perspective, since as far as I know they are graphical in nature. So my speculation is that FAR will have visible aerodynamic effects coming soon. But don't quote me on that

FAR shader have nothing to do with graphics. You can use shaders to compute stuff too :)

Such effects are doable but they would require a new modules to trigger them. Not too hard to write but I have a feeling that the trigger conditions are a bit more complex than "if AoA > x"

2 hours ago, sarbian said:

FAR shader have nothing to do with graphics. You can use shaders to compute stuff too :)

Such effects are doable but they would require a new modules to trigger them. Not too hard to write but I have a feeling that the trigger conditions are a bit more complex than "if AoA > x"

consider myself edumacated!

17 hours ago, Jart said:

I experienced this issue also, I have not investigated as I am currently playing a stock game.

6 hours ago, Tiptonian said:

I also am having the issue of some of the engines from SXT Continued constantly having their plumes shown, regardless of throttle.

I'm also having this issue. :(

13 hours ago, Tiptonian said:

Not sure if this is related but Ven's Stock Revamp "Bollard" engine has this same issue.

9 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Yep! Just confirmed this issue myself the other day. When I get some free time I'm going to look more into the issue.

I did notice that the video exaggerated the effect.  It seems that not only do the scenarios get their thrusts reset, but so do crafts loaded from an install that doesn't have realplume installed.  Thinking on it, it makes sense, since that's the same thing the scenarios do (as far as the craft goes) but you might want to clarify that in the OP.

56 minutes ago, SiCaRiO31 said:

There is this Hybrid booster in the SETI rebalance pack, that has the normal SRB plume, not the RealPlume one. How can copy the plumes from the RealPlumes SRB to the Hybrid booster?

You can use the information on this page to figure it out, I can't give an in-depth how-to right now sorry :P 

Guys, please just report posts you believe to be a problem rather than reply to them. Replying just creates off-topic clutter for others to have to click past. 

And also, please allow modders to update at their own pace. This is, after all, a voluntary activity they do without compensation. 

With these points in mind, some posts have been removed from this thread. 

There's a typo in the config for the one of KW Rocketry engines preventing it from loading: the KW3mengineWildcatXR.cfg is called KW3mengineWildcarXR.cfg. The typo appears both in the filename and the name of the part within the config.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Brainpop14 said:

Does this work in 1.2.2? Cause the SpaceDock page still says it's for 1.2.1

Just like I mentioned in the other thread, I've been using it since 1.2.2 was released and as far as I can tell, there's been no issues that I've noticed.  When 1.2.2 was released, Squad mentioned that it probably wouldn't break many mods, so, what I did was just try anything that was already working in 1.2.1, and put it in 1.2.2.  So far, not a single mod has broken for me between versions, and I've got something like 90+ mods installed.

Looks like RealPlume updated for 1.2, so now this finally shows up in CKAN.  And it's AWESOME, my god I can't express how much I missed this mod!  It adds so much to the game, finally SRBs feel like they've got the real punch and they ignite with a crack that it always feels like they should.

On 12/29/2016 at 3:21 PM, Brainpop14 said:

Does this work in 1.2.2? Cause the SpaceDock page still says it's for 1.2.1

Sorry, just updated spacedock showing 1.2.2 compatibility

[snip]

Edited by Vanamonde
Removed quote of removed post.

Figured out the issue with the SXT engines, unfortunately the fix will have to have the real fuel check removed but I don't think it's that big of a deal. I'm still looking into the varying thrust issue and hopefully can figure it out. If you guys have any other bugs to report please report them now! @String Witch I fixed the typo in the KW config and will have that fix in the next update, thanks for pointing it out!

Here's an update for yah, hopefully this will fix a lot of the issues that have been reported lately. Sorry it has taken so long, holidays were super busy :) If you find any bugs or see that any of the "fixes" didn't actually fix anything please let me know so I can get it fixed. Thanks! Enjoy everyone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RealPlume-Stock v0.11.2

- Updated plumes to Shuriken particle system (thanks @sarbian)
- Added support for New TantaresLV (thanks @DerpyFirework)
- Fixed varying thrust issue (I think?)
- Fixed SXT engines showing constant plume effects
- Fixed typo in KWRocketry config (for you @String Witch)
- Updated SmokeScreen to v2.7.0
- Updated Module Manager to v2.7.5
- Updated .version file to v0.11.2 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A delayed Christmas present perhaps?

Also please note I don't think the CKAN downloads will have the new particle system until my pull request on Github for the RealPlume side of things is merged. Just be aware, it shouldn't affect anything, you just won't get the benefits of the new system.

Edited by Nhawks17
Lol at me not linking the release

4 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Here's an update for yah, hopefully this will fix a lot of the issues that have been reported lately.

Thank you for your work, Nhawks! It truly is appreciated.