[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

• 2 weeks later...

@Nhawks17 Hi! I recently started using this mod, and I have noticed a particular bug. The mod works, but only for solid rocket engines! It isn't working at all for liquid fuel engines. There are no smoke plumes for any engines besides solid rocket engines. Any ideas as to what may be occurring here?

Edited by Jalaris

1 hour ago, Jalaris said:

@Nhawks17 Hi! I recently started using this mod, and I have noticed a particular bug. The mod works, but only for solid rocket engines! It isn't working at all for liquid fuel engines. There are no smoke plumes for any engines besides solid rocket engines. Any ideas as to what may be occurring here?

Are there no plumes, or just no smoke. LFO engines don't have smoke effects.

10 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Are there no plumes, or just no smoke. LFO engines don't have smoke effects.

You know what? I didn't know that. I googled a video of a LFO rocket, and you're absolutely right!! Thanks for educating me! :D

Hello, i noticed that AJE isn't supported in this mod, that would explain why i don't have Plume on a couple of engines. Weird if it isn't supported sinse it's all part of the Realism-suite.

Anyway not sure where is should ask, i have zero programming skills, but if i want to do own configs what should be my next step?

Or if someone wanna help me out, what do you need from my end? Thanks.

Edited by Cratzz

11 hours ago, Cratzz said:

Hello, i noticed that AJE isn't supported in this mod, that would explain why i don't have Plume on a couple of engines

what makes you think AJE has anything to do with anything regarding this mod? I can't think of why it would. List the engines that you are expecting to have plumes - chances are they are engines that don't actually create smoke IRL. (Read the three posts above yours)

5 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

List the engines that you are expecting to have plumes - chances are they are engines that don't actually create smoke IRL. (Read the three posts above yours)

Nah, something is not right sinse im getting a "Error: Cannot find animation named HeatAnimationEmissiveTurbofan" on part aje.atar, aje.avon, aje.j57, aje.j75, aje.j79. So about half of all Jets have no Plume. 

Here's my .log too if that helps: https://www.dropbox.com/s/czez443sxw29qbi/KSP.log?dl=0

I've had this issue sinse 1.2

Edited by Cratzz

3 hours ago, Cratzz said:

Nah, something is not right sinse im getting a "Error: Cannot find animation named HeatAnimationEmissiveTurbofan" on part aje.atar, aje.avon, aje.j57, aje.j75, aje.j79. So about half of all Jets have no Plume. 

Here's my .log too if that helps: https://www.dropbox.com/s/czez443sxw29qbi/KSP.log?dl=0

I've had this issue sinse 1.2

There is a guide on Github for adding plumes to mods.

31 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

There is a guide on Github for adding plumes to mods.

Thx, good to have. Thing is all the engines above seem to have a config present in AJE.cfg. 

For example the J57:

@PART[aje_j57,aje_j57P20A]:BEFORE[RealPlume]
{
    PLUME
    {
        name = Turbojet           //pre-fabbed plume you want
        transformName = thrust_transform //which transform to attach the plume
        localRotation = 0,0,0           //Optional - Any rotation needed
        localPosition = 0,0,0           //Any offset needed
        //flare|plumePosition are optional, and conflict with localPosition.
      //flarePosition = 0,0,1         //If localPosition is insufficient
      //plumePosition = 0,0,2         //Specify flare and plume positions separately.
        //Only specify one of these
        fixedScale = 1.66                  //Size adjustment to resize to engine
        energy = 1                      //Adjust length of plume
        speed = 1                       //Adjust speed to fit resize,
                                        //generally close to 1:1 with scale.
    }
    @MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
    {

%powerEffectName = Turbojet
        %spoolEffectName = Turbojet-Spool
        !fxOffset
    }
    @MODULE[ModuleEngineConfigs]
    {
        %type = ModuleEnginesRF
        @CONFIG,*   //Add the effect to every engine config
        {
        }

24 minutes ago, Cratzz said:

Thx, good to have. Thing is all the engines above seem to have a config present in AJE.cfg. 

For example the J57:

@PART[aje_j57,aje_j57P20A]:BEFORE[RealPlume]
{
    PLUME
    {
        name = Turbojet           //pre-fabbed plume you want
        transformName = thrust_transform //which transform to attach the plume
        localRotation = 0,0,0           //Optional - Any rotation needed
        localPosition = 0,0,0           //Any offset needed
        //flare|plumePosition are optional, and conflict with localPosition.
      //flarePosition = 0,0,1         //If localPosition is insufficient
      //plumePosition = 0,0,2         //Specify flare and plume positions separately.
        //Only specify one of these
        fixedScale = 1.66                  //Size adjustment to resize to engine
        energy = 1                      //Adjust length of plume
        speed = 1                       //Adjust speed to fit resize,
                                        //generally close to 1:1 with scale.
    }
    @MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
    {

%spoolEffectName = Turbojet-Spool
        !fxOffset
    }
    @MODULE[ModuleEngineConfigs]
    {
        %type = ModuleEnginesRF
        @CONFIG,*   //Add the effect to every engine config
        {
        }

I'm sorry I don't understand the problem then? Are the plumes not showing up at all? Where is the aje.cfg? I don't see it in the AJE mod and it's not in my mod (at least I don't think it is).

11 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

I'm sorry I don't understand the problem then? Are the plumes not showing up at all? Where is the aje.cfg? I don't see it in the AJE mod and it's not in my mod (at least I don't think it is).

No, the Plumes is not showing even if i have a config, but i mixed up the topics here, i was suppose to post this in @Raptor831,s RF Engine Config thread :)

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, MaxZhao said:

Hi! A quick question. I’m playing KSP on a low end Mac and the plume from the trench on the launchpad is really causing some lag. How can I adjust the amount of particle from there?

If you have toolbar also you should have a smokescreen button click on it and there is a nice list there

4 hours ago, MaxZhao said:

Hi! A quick question. I’m playing KSP on a low end Mac and the plume from the trench on the launchpad is really causing some lag. How can I adjust the amount of particle from there?

If you do not have Toolbar mod, you can turn off particle physics in the SmokeScreen Settings config file and turn down # of particles a bit. This requires a restart of the game.

On 19/11/2017 at 1:20 AM, Mecripp said:

If you have toolbar also you should have a smokescreen button click on it and there is a nice list there

Yes but I don't think the max particle count in the control affect launch trench plume since even if i turn it down to zero the plume still exists.

1 hour ago, MaxZhao said:

Yes but I don't think the max particle count in the control affect launch trench plume since even if i turn it down to zero the plume still exists.

yea that's not realplume that's a stock effect. If you don't want it you'll have to disable it in the engine config by editing or removing the ModuleSurfaceFX node. Try tweaking the falloff property, as I think the smaller the number the faster the particles disappear so that way you won't end up with so many on the screen. I haven't touched these settings in a long while so can't remember really what does what

• 2 weeks later...

After upgrading to ModuleManager 3.0, I'm getting "more than one pass specifier on a node" errors reported on several RealPlume patches:

• RealPlume-Stock/SXT Continued/SXTnuclearramjet.cfg
  • RealPlume-Stock/Taerobee/Aerobee_Jr.cfg
  • RealPlume-Stock/Taerobee/Little_Leo.cfg

This is caused by the patches having both a :FOR clause and a :FINAL (or :AFTER, in the case of the SXT one).  That's not allowed — a patch can have only one of :FIRST, :BEFORE, :FOR, :AFTER, or :FINAL.  (This post explains why.)  Previous versions of MM didn't report it as an error (though it was still incorrect), but MM 3.0 does.

(It's not really a problem for me — I don't use SXT or Taerobee, so I'll just delete those files for now — but I figured I should report it anyway.)

11 hours ago, Refreshpage said:

Is it possible to see some examples of this mod before I download it? 

Reveal hidden contents

This

Hide contents

Is

Hide contents

A

Hide contents

Spoiler

I believe these are the only screenshots I have. Sorry there aren't more!

5 hours ago, Wyzard said:

After upgrading to ModuleManager 3.0, I'm getting "more than one pass specifier on a node" errors reported on several RealPlume patches:

• RealPlume-Stock/SXT Continued/SXTnuclearramjet.cfg
  • RealPlume-Stock/Taerobee/Aerobee_Jr.cfg
  • RealPlume-Stock/Taerobee/Little_Leo.cfg

This is caused by the patches having both a :FOR clause and a :FINAL (or :AFTER, in the case of the SXT one).  That's not allowed — a patch can have only one of :FIRST, :BEFORE, :FOR, :AFTER, or :FINAL.  (This post explains why.)  Previous versions of MM didn't report it as an error (though it was still incorrect), but MM 3.0 does.

(It's not really a problem for me — I don't use SXT or Taerobee, so I'll just delete those files for now — but I figured I should report it anyway.)

Thanks. A pull request was actually just merged fixing this issue. I will put out a hotfix tomorrow including the new MM and the fixes.

16 hours ago, Poodmund said:

The second pass tags have just been deleted from the patches. Do the plumes still work as they did previously for those engines?

Yes, they work fine. The only thing I could think that would be effected is if the mod adds realplume configs on its own that I'm not aware of in which those configs may overwrite mine.

Hotfix is out. Let me know if there are any issues!

RealPlume-Stock v1.0.1

- Includes fix for multiple MM passes (thanks @blowfish)

- Updated Module Manager to v3.0.0

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rel52 said:

Does this mod support 1.3 not just 1.3.1? Or is it backwards compatible? Sorry if this was already answered just bought the game a few days ago and not really familiar with this mod scene.

What ever smokescreen plugin and MM you you might have to rewrite the patches if you go back to far