[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

On 3/20/2018 at 8:15 PM, quantumpion said:

Hi, I made some config files for RealPlume for the new engines. They probably need more tweaking to look totally correct but it's a start.

https://github.com/QuantumPion/RealPlumeSquadExpansion/releases

@quantumpion Do I have your permission to add these configs to the base RPS mod in the next update?

On 27/03/2018 at 6:26 PM, Kirk0007 said:

Does anyone have configs for the Porkjet model replacement engines included in Missing History? I like those models so much more than stock but the plumes are invisible at the moment.

Incidentally, I'm so glad this mod still works. It's one of my favorites.

You could give these a try:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w35yxlhf8av1g85/MissingHistoryPlumes.zip?dl=0

Drop the contents of the zip file into GameData\RealPlume\RealPlume-Stock.

I basically dug out the old configs for Porkjet's part overhaul and edited the filenames and the part names. I haven't tested these extensively (read: at all) due to a lack of time right now, but maybe they'll work.

Edited by UnanimousCoward
Modified link

1 minute ago, UnanimousCoward said:

You could give these a try:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w35yxlhf8av1g85/MissingHistory.zip?dl=0

Drop the contents of the zip file into GameData\RealPlume\RealPlume-Stock.

I basically dug out the old configs for Porkjet's part overhaul and edited the filenames and the part names. I haven't tested these extensively (read: at all) due to a lack of time right now, but maybe they'll work.

Sorry. I am missing something? What is Missing History?

3 minutes ago, UnanimousCoward said:

Cool. Frankly I'll be surprised if they all work. Or any of them really.

Well from my quick testing, they work flawlessly :) 

Update is ready to go, waiting on @quantumpion to give me permission to include his configs in the download and I will have it available to download

Not working for me. 

I tried:

Just the Stock Plumes

The NORMAL RealPlumes

BOTH of them together,

and I also put the Ven's Stock revamp folder from the "real plume stock" folder into Gamedata when all that didn't work. HALP. 

Game version: 1.4.2

Parts mods: Ven's Stock Revamp, SXT, Airplane Plus, KAX, Fantomworks, and MK2 expansion.

6 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Not working for me. 

I tried:

Just the Stock Plumes

The NORMAL RealPlumes

BOTH of them together,

and I also put the Ven's Stock revamp folder from the "real plume stock" folder into Gamedata when all that didn't work. HALP. 

Game version: 1.4.2

Parts mods: Ven's Stock Revamp, SXT, Airplane Plus, KAX, Fantomworks, and MK2 expansion.

There is no "NORMAL RealPlumes".

RealPlume is the mod that makes the real plumes work, but it doesn't do anything alone. RealPlume-Stock is the mod that actually applies the plumes to the stock engines. (There are other mods to apply them in Realism Overhaul, for example.)

In your GameData folder, you should have a "RealPlume" folder, and a "RealPlume-Stock" folder. You don't need to remove any subfolders from either of these.

You also need to install an updated version of SmokeScreen, or I don't think you'll get any effects. RealPlume comes bundled with SmokeScreen v2.7.6.1, but that isn't really compatible with KSP 1.4.x, so you need to update it.

RealPlume also comes bundled with ModuleManager 3.0.1, but a newer version is available.

So your GameData folder should have these folders in it: SmokeScreen, RealPlume, and RealPlume-Stock. And you should also have ModuleManager.3.0.x.dll in your GameData folder (not in any subfolder).

In other words, it's probably worth waiting for the new version that Nhawks seems to be about to drop. It should be compatible.

Edited by UnanimousCoward

I'm going to go ahead and release the update with @quantumpion's configs included. If you do not want me including the configs I will remove the download and find alternative configs.

RealPlume-Stock v1.2.0

- Updated Module Manager to v3.0.6

- Updated SmokeScreen to v2.8.0.0

- Added engine configs

- Fixed configs missing various syntax

Download Here

On another note. It is with great sadness that I have decided to step away from KSP and any future updates for RealPlume-Stock. Life is unfortunately a constant roller coaster for me and I have little time to play KSP let alone keep a mod updated. I will continue to provide support here on this thread for any issues that people may encounter with the mod until a new author can take over. I'm sure everyone here knows this already but the KSP community is seriously one of the greatest and most supportive modding communities out there and the experience I have had here has never ceased to amaze me. I thank you all for the love and support you have shown RealPlume-Stock and I will be sure that whoever takes over the mod after myself will show it the same love that I have shown it after all these years. I won't completely step away from the forums and you'll continue to find me roaming around here but, I will no longer be apart of creating mods. Thank you all again so much, it has been an absolute pleasure. Keep building and flying the craziest rockets that you possibly can, and in the words of one of the greats, Fly Safe.

Edited by Nhawks17

sorry to see you go man thanks so much for all the stuff over the years. between hot rockets. real plume. smokescreen and the all time genius mod vapor vent my ships have had their awesome dial set to 11 well to me anyway hehe. 

Edited by COL.R.Neville

Just now, Avera9eJoe said:

Don't say that too lightly :/

It wasn't meant lightly lol, He is a great modder and takes care of an awesome list of mods. I am also sad to see us loose another great modder. I was actually just about to edit my post because I did it in passing while doing 5 other things and realized it might have come off a little buttish...

On 3/30/2018 at 10:31 AM, Nhawks17 said:

On another note. It is with great sadness that I have decided to step away from KSP and any future updates for RealPlume-Stock. Life is unfortunately a constant roller coaster for me and I have little time to play KSP let alone keep a mod updated. I will continue to provide support here on this thread for any issues that people may encounter with the mod until a new author can take over. I'm sure everyone here knows this already but the KSP community is seriously one of the greatest and most supportive modding communities out there and the experience I have had here has never ceased to amaze me. I thank you all for the love and support you have shown RealPlume-Stock and I will be sure that whoever takes over the mod after myself will show it the same love that I have shown it after all these years. I won't completely step away from the forums and you'll continue to find me roaming around here but, I will no longer be apart of creating mods. Thank you all again so much, it has been an absolute pleasure. Keep building and flying the craziest rockets that you possibly can, and in the words of one of the greats, Fly Safe.

Man... This place sure has changed over the years! I still remember when I first found the infant steps of SVE and when you took RealPlume Stock under your wing... A lot has happened since we crossed paths and I have to say everything you've been involved with since has been nothing short of incredible. It's been an awesome ride, and I wish you all the luck in the world. You'll always have a friend in me, Nhaws17. Cheers :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

5 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

On another note. It is with great sadness that I have decided to step away from KSP and any future updates for RealPlume-Stock.

Thanks so much for all your hard work Nhawks17. This mod is my number 1 favourite mod in KSP. You have given me hours of entertainment for nothing....thank you!

Hey, I encountered a problem with this mod (either that or its SmokeScreen). I tried downloading the latest version (v1.2.0) and when I booted KSP (KSP v1.4.2) up and launched a rocket, the particle effects were completely gone! Also, the little tab on the side did not show SmokeScreen (which is why I kind of think its SmokeScreen's fault). I really like this mod and I really want it to work so I anyone could help me out, that would be great.

10 hours ago, vmatt1203 said:

@linuxgurugamer ? Take on another mod??

With the greatest respect to LGG, RealPlume is one of those mods that needs to be actively developed with a sense of artistic license rather than being maintained through code changes.

@Nhawks17, thanks for all your work on various mods.  We really appreciate it.

10 hours ago, vmatt1203 said:

@linuxgurugamer ? Take on another mod??

As a last comment on this, it's the wrong time to even consider asking LGG to take on another mod.  He is still working through upgrading the 130+ mods he already curates to KSP 1.4.1 and now 1.4.2 hits, which being a bug patch hopefully won't break any of the work he's already done.  Which includes him just taking on KSP-AVC, which is a vital mod for all KSP modding and CKAN.  He's got more than enough already.

Edited by Jacke

The USI Sounding Rocket configs that user Drew Kerman made don't appear to be working on the just-released version 1.2. The vessel I was using did not have an engine as the root part. I'm on KSP 1.4.2 and only have these two mods installed for troubleshooting:

EKiKpxg.png

Might be an easy fix. Hope I'm not missing something.