[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

1 hour ago, woeller said:

@Jack the Green Ghost As you may know, RPS depends on Real Plume and Smoke Screen. You can see all available plumes here: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealPlume/wiki/PreFabbed-Plumes-and-Screenshots

For now, there is no possibility to change a plume by config to get a green one. But you could make and add your own particle and config to Real Plume to get something like this:

o8GLGd9.png

@woeller how can I create myself a plume?

Some VSR plumes appear a strangely positioned. I tried editing the config files for the Terrier (liquidEngine3) and the Poodle (liquidEngine2-2) and it doesn't seem like anything is happening to the plume position. Even at really exaggerated coordinates, like 0,0,15, which I could image to be quite far away from the fairly small Terrier.

5 hours ago, Delay said:

Some VSR plumes appear a strangely positioned. I tried editing the config files for the Terrier (liquidEngine3) and the Poodle (liquidEngine2-2) and it doesn't seem like anything is happening to the plume position. Even at really exaggerated coordinates, like 0,0,15, which I could image to be quite far away from the fairly small Terrier.

Can confirm. 

Mainsail looks nonexistent with VSR

6 hours ago, Delay said:

I can't even find the folder to change it. I changed some things with ToolBar mod but I can't find the folder so I can save the changes. 

1 hour ago, mtpatane said:

Mainsail looks nonexistent with VSR

Strangely it's not the Mainsail I have problems with. I only have problems with four engines: The Terrier, the Swivel, the Reliant and the Poodle.
The flame is inside the Terrier, the one of the swivel is a bit too far out (doesn't begin at the nozzle), the Reliant is a bit too far in and the Poodle's is too small in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Delay said:

Strangely it's not the Mainsail I have problems with. I only have problems with four engines: The Terrier, the Swivel, the Reliant and the Poodle.
The flame is inside the Terrier, the one of the swivel is a bit too far out (doesn't begin at the nozzle), the Reliant is a bit too far in and the Poodle's is too small in my opinion.

Did you install through CKAN

I had more issues before I manually installed. That fixed a lot. 

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Silly question, but you ARE restarting the game after editing the files, yes?

Yes. The only thing that remains open between edits is the config file I'm editing, but since I saved and since ModuleManager reloads all patches (rather than loading from cache) I seriously doubt that has any effect.

Just now, Delay said:

Yes. The only thing that remains open between edits is the config file I'm editing, but since I saved and since ModuleManager reloads all patches (rather than loading from cache) I seriously doubt that has any effect.

True, but be sure you actually saved the file. Some editors won't save it without an explicit command. 

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

True, but be sure you actually saved the file. Some editors won't save it without an explicit command.

The changes made are still there after closing and reopening the file.

However, notepad (as I am too lazy to download anything else like notepad++ and it works well enough for my purposes) expresses the configs in just one single line - that includes comments. But other files, such as EVE config files are shown perfectly fine and every other file works exactly as intended. And I checked them - they're also single lines.

I'll see what happens after copying the template and adjusting the values in a correctly formatted file if that helps.

Edited by Delay

1 hour ago, Delay said:

The changes made are still there after closing and reopening the file.

However, notepad (as I am too lazy to download anything else like notepad++ and it works well enough for my purposes) expresses the configs in just one single line - that includes comments. But other files, such as EVE config files are shown perfectly fine and every other file works exactly as intended. And I checked them - they're also single lines.

I'll see what happens after copying the template and adjusting the values in a correctly formatted file if that helps.

Make sure you look at how Real Plume itself modifies engines - its kind of a layered effect that was tricky for me to figure out. (I never quite did actually, but I was able to add new effects).

Here's the config file for liquidEngine3 (Terrier). Perhaps something crucial is missing? I've noticed that the Swivel's file is a lot bigger and defines more variables.

@PART[liquidEngine3]:AFTER[RealPlume]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp] // LV-909 "Terrier" Liquid Fuel Engine
{
    @PLUME[Hypergolic-OMS-White]
    {
        @flarePosition = 0,0,-0.5
        @plumePosition = 0,0,0.1
        @fixedScale = 0.25
    }
}

For comparison, here's Swivel's entry:

@PART[liquidEngine2]:AFTER[RealPlume]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp] // LV-T45 "Swivel" Liquid Fuel Engine
{
    PLUME
    {
        name = Kerolox-Lower
        transformName = thrustTransform
        localRotation = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
        flarePosition = 0.0, 0.0, 0.2
        plumePosition = 0.0, 0.0, 0.3
        fixedScale = 0.5
        energy = 0.6
        speed = 0.6
    }

@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
    {
        %powerEffectName = Kerolox-Lower
        !runningEffectName = DELETE
    }
}

Edited by Delay

Hey @Delay

You can't change a plume for which there is no config. RealPlume in this particular case uses the plume config assigned to the stock engine. You should not change this anyway. So you probably just edited the wrong file.
The correct procedure would be to create a new plume config and use it to change the config related to the stock engine.

Here is an example:

@PART[liquidEngine2-2_v2]:FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen&VenStockRevamp] // RE-L10 "Poodle" Liquid Fuel Engine
{
    @PLUME
    {
        @flarePosition = 0,0,0.0
        @plumePosition = 0,0,-0.5
        @plumeScale = 0.8
        @flareScale = 0.8
    }
}

This would be a new config, that goes into /Gameata/RealPlume-Stock/VenStockRevamp as liquidEngine2-2_v2.cfg
For a mod like Vens, which exchanges models, you just want to address the existing plume configuration to change some parameters (e.g. position).

I will make a pull request soon but you and @mtpatane or anyone else who uses Vens can download all changes from my GitHub fork.
https://github.com/woeller/RealPlume-StockConfigs
Click the green "clone or download" button and choose "download ZIP". Open the ZIP file, open folder namend "RealPlume-StockConfigs-master", open the foler namend "Gamedata", copy the folder namend "RealPlume-Stock" into your Gamedata folder.

Profit!

Changes in my fork are:

• fixed plume for VSR Mainsail
  • fixed plume for VSR Reliant
  • fixed plume for VSR Swivel
  • new config for VSR Poodle adressed to v2 engine
  • new config for VSR Terrier adressed to v2 engine

qyraEcF.jpg

Edited by woeller

More stuff:

• Compatibility restored for Vens Stock Revamp. If I missed anything, please let me know. Make sure you download the right version of VSR here: 1.4.x 1.5.x 1.6.x by @Kerbas_ad_astra
  • Compatibility restored for Missing History. If I missed anything, please let me know.
  • New configs for reDIREKT, play with stockalike SLS and Shuttle-Derived parts in Style! A Mod by @benjee10 Pictures below, full album here: https://imgur.com/a/anOpkgb

Get it here if you are interested:
https://github.com/woeller/RealPlume-StockConfigs
Click the green "clone or download" button and choose "download ZIP". Open the ZIP file, open folder namend "RealPlume-StockConfigs-master", open the foler namend "Gamedata", copy the folder namend "RealPlume-Stock" into your Gamedata folder.
Again, I will make a pull request soonTM.

Oo9txa3.png

Sv0D5C1.png

Even more stuff:

New configs for @Well's wonderfull and updated Knes Mod:

• KEREB-D "Insurgent" Booster
  • KEREB-D "Mutineer" P064 Booster
  • KEREB-D "Obelix" P4 Booster
  • Hermes Mk-91 "Callisto" Monoprop Engine
  • LRBA-V "Gauntness" Engine
  • KEREB-D "Riotous" Engine
  • AGI-E "Vekin" Engine

Gallery

As always you can grab a copy here
I've made a first pull request, but I've got more changes and additions on my mind. You can also suggest aditions ;)

bm4TOKF.png

Bg20lkC.png

Again, it's me.

This time with nice small configurations for the nice and small Mod DodoLabs by @tygoo7 You guys should definitely bring your little Cube Sats into orbit with his great stockalike Electron rocket!

New configs for:

• GPR-918 "Ruby" Engine
  • GPR-918V "Emerald" Engine

Get them here

PUzS4w5.jpg

SLIRlx1.jpg

hello.

i like this mod very much, and i get these nice big red plumes with the LV-N "Nerv" Atomic Rocket Motor, but unfortunately not in every orbit..

Around Eve or Duna there are no plumes visible with this mod, while around Kerbin and in deeper space everything seems ok.

i have the following visual mods installed with ckan ... AstronomersVisualPack(8k), DistantObject, Eve, KSPRC textures, scatterer, TextureReplacer(+skybox)

Maybe somebody sees the problem/conflict? 

LG, Schlupp

@Schlupp grüner Stern I wasn't able to reproduce your error with the listed mods as you can see here: https://imgur.com/a/PV2n1R1

Please look into your GameData folder. If you installed RealPlumeStock with CKan, you should find seperate folders for RealPlume, RealPlumeStock and SmokeScreen next to your other mod folders.
If you don't have a RealPlumeStock folder inside your Gamedata folder, delete RPS with CKan and install the latest version again.
If you have a RealPlumeStock folder inside your GameData folder, look into the RealPlume folder and check if there is a RPS double. If so, delete it.

In any case, delete the following files:

• ModuleManager.ConfigCache
  • ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
  • ModuleManager.ConfigPhysics

Then run KSP.

Edited by woeller

@woeller

I deleted the folders and reinstalled "real plume". but it did not help. Around Kerbin i can see the red plumes, but when I sent out that clone of my Duna relais, the plume disappeared. maybe it is craft-related and somehow broken, I do not know. In the picture you can see my Ckan (forgot to mention Kopernicus in the first post), and the plumes around Kerbin and Duna.
I will do some more tests with other ships, and without the other mods.
thank you for helping anyway.

https://imgur.com/a/026tg7e

PS: mod is working fine. it was just my craftfile !! :rolleyes:

https://imgur.com/a/VyEifOG

Edited by Schlupp grüner Stern
clarification