[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

7 minutes ago, Puggonaut said:

Thanks heaps , really appreciate the quick response ., One more question , where do I / Or how do I install it ,

sorry :mellow:

It can just go anywhere in the GameData folder, I personally have a ModuleManager folder for misc patches.

I know that RP configs can be a pain to write sometimes, but I've noticed some issues.

In the configs for Real Scale Boosters you've got some of the engines like the J2x, I think the J2, and the RL10s running with a Kerolox plume, but they run on Hydrolox. It also seems that the ullage/retro motors don't have plumes either. 

1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I know that RP configs can be a pain to write sometimes, but I've noticed some issues.

In the configs for Real Scale Boosters you've got some of the engines like the J2x, I think the J2, and the RL10s running with a Kerolox plume, but they run on Hydrolox. It also seems that the ullage/retro motors don't have plumes either. 

Well the plumes are actually very simple to change. You can open up the configs and pick the correct plume from this list and it'll change it. The ullage and retro motors don't have plumes right now due to them being physicless parts and are unable to have plumes applied to them due to SmokeScreen which was discussed here. But, if you'd like to change the engines to use the correct fuel plume you can change them and submit a pull request on Github and I'll have them in the release.

52 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Well the plumes are actually very simple to change. You can open up the configs and pick the correct plume from this list and it'll change it. The ullage and retro motors don't have plumes right now due to them being physicless parts and are unable to have plumes applied to them due to SmokeScreen which was discussed here. But, if you'd like to change the engines to use the correct fuel plume you can change them and submit a pull request on Github and I'll have them in the release.

Yes, I've written many RP configs in my days, but I didn't realize you couldn't apply plumes to physicsless parts. That may answer some questions over at BDB... 

On 2/12/2016 at 4:28 PM, VenomousRequiem said:

Yes, I've written many RP configs in my days, but I didn't realize you couldn't apply plumes to physicsless parts. That may answer some questions over at BDB... 

Gasps! That mystery is solved. Just tried it on the SPS. It works.

42 minutes ago, Whovian41110 said:

Um is this compatible with tweakscale?

In a way. They will still show on engines that have been scaled up or down but the plumes will not scale with them.

1 minute ago, Whovian41110 said:

The plumes and sounds don't appear to exist for me.  What are the incompatabilities?

Nothing that I've run into, did you install everything in the gamedata folder including RealPlume, Module Manager, and Smoke Screen?

Just now, Nhawks17 said:

In a way. They will still show on engines that have been scaled up or down but the plumes will not scale with them.

Nothing that I've run into, did you install everything in the gamedata folder including RealPlume, Module Manager, and Smoke Screen?

Yeah

5 minutes ago, Whovian41110 said:

This isn't a RealPlume is it?

gjcFccJ.png

No it's not. When you're in the VAB, look a description for a stock engine and tell me if it has an addon in the description that says Plume configured by Real Plume.