Nhawks17

[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Recommended Posts

@Nhawks17 hi there, a player reported weird behaviour of RealPlume while playing with rescaled systems

35 minutes ago, FiiZzioN said:

it seems as if the speed of the plume increases based of the amount of the rescale.

do you think this could be the result of some changes to kerbin's size?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

@Nhawks17 hi there, a player reported weird behaviour of RealPlume while playing with rescaled systems

do you think this could be the result of some changes to kerbin's size?

Hmmmm.... I'll have to test that myself and see if I can replicate it. Dunno what could cause it though. :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think hydrogen produces a blue flame under any circumstances. normally varies between almost colorless and pinkish red, when burned with oxygen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RealPlume-Stock v0.10.8

- Updated Module Manager to latest version
- Added support for Antares & Cygnus - Joint Project
- Added support for Space Launch System
- Added support for VX Series II Engine Pack

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Holy Blue Text blesses you with an update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this no longer have version checking? I have KSP-AVC and I couldn't help but notice that after I updated this mod it said that there was 1 less mod to check and after skimming through the list of mods it had checked, I didn't see this one in the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if this has been asked/answered somewhere before, but are the smaller, LV909 engines supposed to be silent? they are the only engines in my game that have no sound with this installed, so I was just wondering.

8qSdpkT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone ever seen this issue before..? It seems the plume is way too far forward. If you need any details about mods I have installed or anything let me know.

31CE86D2C322C7DA1F950B355C89F35BC22FBC7D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2016 at 7:56 AM, CoriW said:

Does this no longer have version checking? I have KSP-AVC and I couldn't help but notice that after I updated this mod it said that there was 1 less mod to check and after skimming through the list of mods it had checked, I didn't see this one in the list.

I just noticed I forgot to include the .version file in this latest release.... I'll get a version uploaded with it within the next couple of days.

On 7/9/2016 at 10:27 AM, vardicd said:

Sorry if this has been asked/answered somewhere before, but are the smaller, LV909 engines supposed to be silent? they are the only engines in my game that have no sound with this installed, so I was just wondering.

8qSdpkT.jpg

Yeah, I don't know what's going on with it. It's the plume that it's using I believe and I'm not sure what's up with it.

21 hours ago, CoriW said:

Has anyone ever seen this issue before..? It seems the plume is way too far forward. If you need any details about mods I have installed or anything let me know.

31CE86D2C322C7DA1F950B355C89F35BC22FBC7D

Try reinstalling maybe? I haven't seen that before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait a second I just noticed something... I had installed this as well as Stockalike RF Engine Configs, which also has a RealPlume config. So right now in my GameData there are 3 folders labeled "RealPlume", "RealPlume-RFStockalike", and "RealPlume-Stock". Maybe there's a conflict with that..? Wait if I use Real Fuels do I need this, or do I just use Stockalike RF Engine Configs for RealPlume?

EDIT:

 

Edited by CoriW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CoriW said:

Wait a second I just noticed something... I had installed this as well as Stockalike RF Engine Configs, which also has a RealPlume config. So right now in my GameData there are 3 folders labeled "RealPlume", "RealPlume-RFStockalike", and "RealPlume-Stock". Maybe there's a conflict with that..? Wait if I use Real Fuels do I need this, or do I just use Stockalike RF Engine Configs for RealPlume?

EDIT:

 

Possibly, I don't know much about the mod but from looking inside the download it looks like you should be using his configs over mine if you're using the mod. So try deleting the RealPlume-Stock folder and see if that fixes it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me the LV909 Terrier works great, I have a plume exhaust flames and sound. The only engine that doesn't seem to have any effect except sound I could find is the Ant.

EDIT: Nevermind one restart later it suddenly works too... Seems ok to me!

Edited by BigNose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Possibly, I don't know much about the mod but from looking inside the download it looks like you should be using his configs over mine if you're using the mod. So try deleting the RealPlume-Stock folder and see if that fixes it?

Darn, I removed the "RealPlume-Stock" folder and it didn't appear to resolve the issue, which means this isn't on your end. Sorry for the trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, CoriW said:

Darn, I removed the "RealPlume-Stock" folder and it didn't appear to resolve the issue, which means this isn't on your end. Sorry for the trouble.

What you're seeing looks like an issue that was fixed in RFStockalike 3.1.0.

Several releases of RFStockalike just before the current version had you install "RealPlume-RFStockalike" under GameData/RealPlume instead of to its current location directly under GameData. If you upgraded RFStockalike from 3.0.0 or 3.0.1, you may still have an old RealPlume-RFStockalike there.

The older versions run in a later ModuleManager pass, so they will override the current version if both are present. If you have both GameData/RealPlume-RFStockalike and GameData/RealPlume/RealPlume-RFStockalike, try deleting the latter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, undercoveryankee said:

What you're seeing looks like an issue that was fixed in RFStockalike 3.1.0.

Several releases of RFStockalike just before the current version had you install "RealPlume-RFStockalike" under GameData/RealPlume instead of to its current location directly under GameData. If you upgraded RFStockalike from 3.0.0 or 3.0.1, you may still have an old RealPlume-RFStockalike there.

The older versions run in a later ModuleManager pass, so they will override the current version if both are present. If you have both GameData/RealPlume-RFStockalike and GameData/RealPlume/RealPlume-RFStockalike, try deleting the latter.

Alright so I completely deleted, re-downloaded, and re-installed both RealPlume and RFStockalike. Unfortunately the issue still persists.

EDIT: To clarify I also checked the folders you mentioned to make sure there wasn't another "RealPlume-RFStockalike" in the "RealPlume" folder.

Edited by CoriW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CoriW said:

Alright so I completely deleted, re-downloaded, and re-installed both RealPlume and RFStockalike. Unfortunately the issue still persists.

Sorry. Reading too fast. If you were running RFStockalike and the engine looked like vardicd's screenshot with no plume at all, the fix in 3.1.0 would have fixed that. Your setup with RFStockalike is the other screenshot with the plume showing up but too far forward.

I'm doing some work on RFStockalike plume configs now. I'll take another look at the 909, and if I end up moving the plume farther back on the engine I'll share the fix here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mod seems to be working fine, but I get no thrust effect for the ion drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time I start the game, I'm informed there is a newer version of this mod, but redownloading doesn't fix it. I think the version number didn't get updated in the most recent update, and the update notifier program is being confused. Just wanted to let you know. Love the mod otherwise. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an update that should fix KSP-AVC alerts!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RealPlume-Stock v0.10.9

- Added .version file (whoops)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here liesith thought updatith withith a .versionith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I've installed it wrong but for some reason I'm not getting any smoke plumes. The engine exhaust is there (and looks great) but the smoke is non existent. The engine is not the root part and I get smokescreen smoke if I remove realplume from gamedata.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kam said:

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I've installed it wrong but for some reason I'm not getting any smoke plumes. The engine exhaust is there (and looks great) but the smoke is non existent. The engine is not the root part and I get smokescreen smoke if I remove realplume from gamedata.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Not all of the plumes have smoke trails (based off of real world engine plumes)

Edited by Nhawks17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Griffon Century and TitanV motors, I would like it if their original sounds were heard instead of another KW sound (I think) was put over them. Can someone show me how to do that?

Edited by SDM_119

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some solid fuel engines have effects even when not activated and some liquid fuel engines have no effect or sound. Sorry it's so vague but i don't really have the time to go through all of the engines to see which ones.  

Edited by Noman
more clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Noman said:

Some solid fuel engines have effects even when not activated and some liquid fuel engines have no effect or sound. Sorry it's so vague but i don't really have the time to go through all of the engines to see which ones.  

I've never seen this issue before so I can't really help you unless you clarify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, i know but i don't really know how to clarify it more as i'm no expert. Have any mods been proven to not be compatible with it? I will attempt find the problem.  Got rid of all mods still didn't work reinstalled and it worked. Not sure why.

Edited by Noman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to voice a long standing grudge against a stock smoke trail feature that I fear is present in RealPlumes Stock as well :/ - During rocket launches at higher speeds in atmosphere (~200 m/s), the smoke trails don't exit engine bells in the direction of thrust - they leave in the direction of retrograde, making them veer sometimes upwards of 30 degrees off to one side of the engine bell if you perform a gravity turn quickly and often meaning it doesn't come out of the back of the rocket plume but off to one side as well. I'd post a video of this if I wasn't at work.

You can see what I mean by launching any regular rocket into the air and then performing a sudden gravity turn in the upper atmosphere.

- I've been quietly fuming about this for a while now but haven't voiced up because I haven't been sure about the best way to fix this. I think that increasing the speed that the smoke trails leave the engines would fix this. Mind you it isn't the rocket plume that's frustrating, it's the smoke trail that doesn't leave the engine in the right direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.