Jump to content

[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Temeter said:

Posted it in another thread, but quick question: Does someone get something like this?

  Reveal hidden contents

Gdh6rF4.jpg

Basically the stock aero fx is being applied to the plume fx. Seen the same issue for SpaceY (which also has custom fx).

I'll look into it when I get the chance!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

I'll look into it when I get the chance!

Thanks a lot! Also happened on a completely fresh download just using this one mod and not touching any setting.

Edited by Temeter
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay!!! So happy to have this back.

Minor feedback.  Some engines are getting giant fire blocks at some zoom levels.  We saw a similar effect in 1.2 pre-release with giant square clouds traveling next to ships after part explosions.  The blocks sort of hang in the air unnaturally.  It's zoom sensitive and only close up - zoom out and there's a certain threshold where it goes away.

EuIxeCX.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/QEhk1 for more, including the same sequence zoomed out past the threshold.  This screenshot is with the Aerospike.  I saw the same effect with the Mainsail earlier in the day, but when I tried to reproduce it for photos it never did come back.  So this may not be exactly predictable.  

edit: also with RAPIERs in rocket mode in mid-atmo.  Haven't yet seen it in low atmo or in space.

Edited by fourfa
Link to post
Share on other sites

hmm op says it
's for 1.2 and there is a link for real plum itself on git hub but a quick look at that repo, there is no mentioning of 1.2 versioning in real plum release itself, would it work or is there something i am missing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

hmm op says it
's for 1.2 and there is a link for real plum itself on git hub but a quick look at that repo, there is no mentioning of 1.2 versioning in real plum release itself, would it work or is there something i am missing?

RealPlume is just a set of config files for SmokeScreen. Unless SmokeScreen itself changes, the config files will still work with no additional modifications.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Quodios Kerman said:

http://imgur.com/gallery/Ah48P

I also have similar glitches... maybe texture loading problem, I think.

I am using reshade, but that is post-process program so it is not source of problem.

Sorry for no logs, but I believe that you can investigate it easily because this glitch happens every ascent process.

I'm fairly certain these issues are the aero fx (reentry/mach effects) being applied to the plume particles. Plumes itself seem fine, especially when you zoom out a bit and the bugged effect vanishes

A current workaround is to disable Aerodynamic FX in the settings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Farix said:

Hmm. Isn't Real Plum suppose to produce a smoke trail in atmo or is that part currently broken in SmokeScreen?

I think you need to be a bit more precise. Parts should still produce trails, depending on the engine type. Afaik only SRB's have the long smoke trails tho.

Edited by Temeter
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Farix said:

Hmm. Isn't Real Plum suppose to produce a smoke trail in atmo or is that part currently broken in SmokeScreen?

As @Temeter said, only some of the engine effects produce smoke trails. Others follow real life examples where there are no smoke trails produced directly from the plume.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A follow-up on smoke trails.  I'm not playing RO, I just like a little more visual spice in stock and I like the long smoke trails.  If there's a post in particular that points to how to adjust your own configs to do that, I'd appreciate a link.  In the mean time I'll start reading through all the old posts here, on the SmokeScreen thread, and others

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, fourfa said:

A follow-up on smoke trails.  I'm not playing RO, I just like a little more visual spice in stock and I like the long smoke trails.  If there's a post in particular that points to how to adjust your own configs to do that, I'd appreciate a link.  In the mean time I'll start reading through all the old posts here, on the SmokeScreen thread, and others

It's based on the way the plumes are created, not configured.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

I'm new to this mod and to modding the game in general, but since the installation of the realplume I noticed some parts are really hard to click. Like I have to reposition the camera and click everywhere until I can finally click on the part (thermometer or communiotron for example).

Is this some kind of bug or is there a way to fix this (apart from uninstalling ofc)?

 

I'm adding list of mods (http://imgur.com/a/vD5Zq)

 

Thanks for reply! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ayyu said:

Hello,

 

I'm new to this mod and to modding the game in general, but since the installation of the realplume I noticed some parts are really hard to click. Like I have to reposition the camera and click everywhere until I can finally click on the part (thermometer or communiotron for example).

Is this some kind of bug or is there a way to fix this (apart from uninstalling ofc)?

 

I'm adding list of mods (http://imgur.com/a/vD5Zq)

 

Thanks for reply! 

 

Try uninstalling all your mods except for RealPlume and see if it still occurs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Try uninstalling all your mods except for RealPlume and see if it still occurs.

It still occurs. I'm having the same issue, it took me a while to narrow it down to RealPlume.  It seems to only occur after you've been in flight for a few seconds.  Simply putting it on the launchpad won't cause it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any known bugs or conflicts with other visual mods that would prevent the rocket plume from appearing entirely?  I was quite enjoying RealPlume, but recently when I fire a rocket, it produces no particle effects whatsoever.  (The launch pad still spits out a little smoke from the flame trenches, but very little)

The only change I made that I think might be relevant is that I installed a couple of visual mods, like Scatterer and Realistic Atmospheres.  I already uninstalled Scatterer, and uninstalled/reinstalled RealPlume and SmokeScreen, but the problem persists.

Any ideas?

[EDIT]
Almost forgot, screenshot of engine burning with no particle effects:

wQGAHNz.png

Edited by SilverlightPony
add screenshot
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alshain said:

It still occurs. I'm having the same issue, it took me a while to narrow it down to RealPlume.  It seems to only occur after you've been in flight for a few seconds.  Simply putting it on the launchpad won't cause it.

 

Strange... I'll add that on my list to look into.

3 hours ago, SilverlightPony said:

Are there any known bugs or conflicts with other visual mods that would prevent the rocket plume from appearing entirely?  I was quite enjoying RealPlume, but recently when I fire a rocket, it produces no particle effects whatsoever.  (The launch pad still spits out a little smoke from the flame trenches, but very little)

The only change I made that I think might be relevant is that I installed a couple of visual mods, like Scatterer and Realistic Atmospheres.  I already uninstalled Scatterer, and uninstalled/reinstalled RealPlume and SmokeScreen, but the problem persists.

Any ideas?

[EDIT]
Almost forgot, screenshot of engine burning with no particle effects:

wQGAHNz.png

Make sure you have all the dependencies and everything is installed correctly. I've tested it with SVE and Scatterer and haven't noticed any issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...