[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

I just started a new KSP install with minimum mods. I have no part mods installed but I am using the newest Ven's Retexture mod. Unfortunately I'm seeing missing engine effects on a lot of the stock rockets. I also have the EngineLighting mod installed which seems to be working even though the actual plume effects are still missing. I smokescreen installed, and I don't have any other mod that makes changed that might effect this. Any suggestions?

26 minutes ago, Kiro said:

I just started a new KSP install with minimum mods. I have no part mods installed but I am using the newest Ven's Retexture mod. Unfortunately I'm seeing missing engine effects on a lot of the stock rockets. I also have the EngineLighting mod installed which seems to be working even though the actual plume effects are still missing. I smokescreen installed, and I don't have any other mod that makes changed that might effect this. Any suggestions?

Did you install ALL of the dependencies? Module Manager, Real Plume (not the same as my download), and Smoke Screen?

@Nhawks17 Well, sorry to say I found another bugged plume :/ RLA Stockalike Spinnaker engine. Real Fuels, LH2/LOX gives off RP-1/LOX color instead of the bluish hue you expect.

145C022BC05D30FC3EE0D38D558F9D9C8477465D

Yes, that IS burning LH2/LOX, I went and took a look at the tanks just to make sure.

44 minutes ago, Sovek said:

@Nhawks17 Well, sorry to say I found another bugged plume :/ RLA Stockalike Spinnaker engine. Real Fuels, LH2/LOX gives off RP-1/LOX color instead of the bluish hue you expect.

145C022BC05D30FC3EE0D38D558F9D9C8477465D

Yes, that IS burning LH2/LOX, I went and took a look at the tanks just to make sure.

Looking at the config file for that engine it is using the Hypergolic-Lower plume effect which you are seeing. So even though you have Real Fuels installed no matter what kind of fuel it is using the plume is always going to be that specific plume as that is what the config is telling it to do. 

Edited by Nhawks17
Clarification

21 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Did you install ALL of the dependencies? Module Manager, Real Plume (not the same as my download), and Smoke Screen?

I had not installed Real Plume, totally misunderstood the dependencies list as I assumed your download was the actual Real Plume mod.

Sorry for being a dunce and thank you for your help and this great mod.

Might be worthwhile to consider packaging the dependencies with the mod, their licenses all permit it and it would reduce installation errors (similar to what you've done with SVE).

Just my $0.02, you would of course have to package releases more often as the dependencies get updated so it might mean the mod consumes more of your time.

2 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Might be worthwhile to consider packaging the dependencies with the mod, their licenses all permit it and it would reduce installation errors (similar to what you've done with SVE).

Just my $0.02, you would of course have to package releases more often as the dependencies get updated so it might mean the mod consumes more of your time.

But that's just too easy! Haha, I was thinking about it for the next version and probably will so this doesn't keep happening to people :P  

31 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

However, packaging dependencies can cause issues for other mods if you do not keep up to date with releasing new distributions when your dependencies update.

SmokeScreen and RealPlume will definitely be fine packaged. ModuleManager never really loses backwards compatibility(at least not anytime recently) so I think it'll be find as well but if there ever is an issue I'll just have to update immediately.

@Nhawks17 It's me again... I dunno if this is because of Real-Plume or Real Fuels, or something inbetween, but the LV-900 from Vens STILL doesnt have any sound or plume, and neither does the upper stage 1.875m engine from HGR.

In this pic you can see that the engine is running but no plume, and no engine

0EDCE75D2DB46A80BCB11C685B4DCDB94241B5D1

1 hour ago, Sovek said:

@Nhawks17 It's me again... I dunno if this is because of Real-Plume or Real Fuels, or something inbetween, but the LV-900 from Vens STILL doesnt have any sound or plume, and neither does the upper stage 1.875m engine from HGR.

In this pic you can see that the engine is running but no plume, and no engine

0EDCE75D2DB46A80BCB11C685B4DCDB94241B5D1

Try it without Real Fuels because I made sure I tested all of the Vens engine to make sure they all had plumes.

9 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Try it without Real Fuels because I made sure I tested all of the Vens engine to make sure they all had plumes.

Yeah, I just tested it with Vens+RealPlume, is fine. I'm going to test it with RF just to make sure that its the conflicting mod.

2 hours ago, Sovek said:

Yeah, I just tested it with Vens+RealPlume, is fine. I'm going to test it with RF just to make sure that its the conflicting mod.

Ok let me know what happens, if it is Real Fuels I'll try looking into it and poke NathanKell if I need to.