[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

4 minutes ago, SnacklessKerbal said:

Bingo.

I was going to say something similarly snarky --- lest Snark-Actual comes in and regulates instead.

Just follow the thread and see if anyone offers some updates or fixes. The "You" in this forum has said the titular Farewell.

What would be required to update this mod to 1.5? I don't have experience with that (yet) but I open to learn. Also, even though it kind of works with 1.5 there are some plums misaligned so I'd like to fix that. :D

12 minutes ago, Andy81le said:

What would be required to update this mod to 1.5? I don't have experience with that (yet) but I open to learn. Also, even though it kind of works with 1.5 there are some plums misaligned so I'd like to fix that. :D

So far has plugin as long as SmokeScreen and ModuleManager *.*.* is up to date all is good all this mod is, Is a patch file for smokescreen that's it in a nut shell

Edited by Mecripp

On 10/22/2018 at 3:37 PM, Andy81le said:

Some above had a picture with mis-alignment, they said just put in Missing History mod in. I can't confirm or deny that works, since I already use Missing History mod.

1 hour ago, nsgallup said:

I've attached the fixed version that I made using the in game editor. Can I save this in the game files to fix it permanently? 

Reveal hidden contents

transformName = thrustTransform
localRotation = 0,0,0
localPosition = 0,0,0.5
fixedScale = 0.25
energy = 0.6
speed = 1
emissionMult = 0.5
name = plume
modelName = RealPlume/MP_Nazari_FX/KWbooster
fixedEmissions = false
sizeClamp = 50
randomInitalVelocityOffsetMaxRadius = 2
randConeEmit
{
  density = 1.0 0
  density = 0.25 1
  density = 0.06 1.4
  density = 0 1.6
}
logGrow
{
  density = 1.0 1
  density = 0.2 1
  density = 0.1 7
  density = 0.0 2
}
logGrowScale
{
  density = 1.0 1
  density = 0.8 1
  density = 0.46 1.3
  density = 0.2 2
  density = 0.1 4
  density = 0.0 5
}
linGrow
{
  density = 1.0 -0.2
  density = 0.25 0
  density = 0.07 4
  density = 0.035 12
  density = 0.0 25
}
speed
{
  density = 1.0 5
  density = 0.46 5
  density = 0.2 5
  density = 0.1 8
  density = 0.05 8
  density = 0.01 6
  density = 0.0 4
}
xyForce
{
  density = 1 0.4
  density = 0.25 0.6
  density = 0.06 0.75
  density = 0.01 0.85
  density = 0 1
}
zForce
{
  density = 1 1
  density = 0.2 1.02
  density = 0 1.033
}
emission
{
  density = 1.0 10
  density = 0.5 10
  density = 0.2 12
  density = 0.1 9
  density = 0.07 7
  density = 0.035 15
  density = 0.01 15
  density = 0.0  13
  power = 1 1
  power = 0.01 0.2
  power = 0 0
}
energy
{
  density = 1.0 0.75
  density = 0.3 0.75
  density = 0.2 0.7
  density = 0.07 0.65
  density = 0.035 0.25
  density = 0.0 0.2
}
size
{
  density = 1.0 1
  density = 0.8 0.9
  density = 0.2 0.85
  density = 0.06 0.7
  density = 0.01 0.6
  density = 0.0 0.4
}

Edited by nsgallup

• 2 weeks later...

I am just now returning to this mod:  The mod includes everything I need [I know to update the module manager] and I see:

RealPlume
RealPlume-Stock
SmokeScreen

All three [including the module manager] go into GameData ?  I just didn't know if I only needed stock if I am only using stock.

Also, see some updates for MakingHistory?

15 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

I am just now returning to this mod:  The mod includes everything I need [I know to update the module manager] and I see:

RealPlume
RealPlume-Stock
SmokeScreen

All three [including the module manager] go into GameData ?  I just didn't know if I only needed stock if I am only using stock.

Also, see some updates for MakingHistory?

If you have Making history it a fix for some of the plumes on the stock engines and yes that's where you install them

18 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

Sorry to ask another question, I remember that smokescreen has settings for "particles' or something like , is that still a thing?

Yes. That's a setting within SmokeScreen you can change while in the game. (Particle limit so you don't overload your graphics card.)

8 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

I have another noob question, now that I have this mod working [doing too much ksp .. ] , the volume levels.. can they be adjusted?

For individual engines? Not in-game without affecting other engines. HOWEVER, if it's what I think you're thinking of, you CAN replace a particularly loud sound with a stock sound via MM patch. In fact:

//	Purpose:	This MM CFG changes the engage/staging/activation sound for RealPlume.

//	Commetary:	The sound is impressive for launches, but out of place for designs 
//				that rely on different sets of engines that a player turns on/off
//				as needed with the throttle at zero.
//				They can be VERY loud in the dead of space...

//	Part needs a Plume definition and not have SolidFuel.
//	SRBs are one-shot alway-on; a loud activation sound is befitting.
//	Dunno if I should include a check to exclude Jets; do any jets use RealPlumes?
@PART[*]:HAS[@PLUME[*],!RESOURCE[SolidFuel]]:NEEDS[RealPlume]:FINAL
{
    @EFFECTS
    {
        @engage
        {
            @AUDIO
            {
                @clip = sound_vent_medium 	//	Stock audio clip often used as the stock engage sound.
            }
        }
    }
}

Copy and paste the above into a plain text file. Save it as a *.cfg file in the GameData directory (pick whatever filename makes sense for you.)

The patch has an explanation of what it changes (because coding notes so I know what the code does years after the fact...) If you have other concerns with the audio, ask and someone might be able to help you.

On 11/13/2018 at 3:41 PM, StahnAileron said:

Yes. That's a setting within SmokeScreen you can change while in the game. (Particle limit so you don't overload your graphics card.)

For individual engines? Not in-game without affecting other engines. HOWEVER, if it's what I think you're thinking of, you CAN replace a particularly loud sound with a stock sound via MM patch. In fact:

Copy and paste the above into a plain text file. Save it as a *.cfg file in the GameData directory (pick whatever filename makes sense for you.)

The patch has an explanation of what it changes (because coding notes so I know what the code does years after the fact...) If you have other concerns with the audio, ask and someone might be able to help you.

@StahnAileron I do have a couple of MM patches helping with my new game setup, so I know they work.  However, this patch doesn't seem to be having any impact.  Is there any particular place that this patch should be put?