[1.6.0] Extrasolar v1.8.0 [12/21/18]

Andi K.

3 hours ago, TachyonGMZ said:

I've installed the new update but valentine doesnt seem any further. It's currently orbiting at 21,600,000,000,000 at 1400 m/s (not exact but around these numbers). Is this where it is supposed to be? Is there a way to put the planets around kerbol and make an extended solar system because I like the planets but the time it takes to get there means most will probably not be sen although they are better than stock ones.

Did you install it on github? I haven't updated it in GitHub yet.

@Gameslinx Hey do you know what could be causing this? It looks like its loading both the stock oceans and the scatterer oceans at the same time. I'm only getting this with Fust. I remember having this problem once before, and I forget how I solved it. This has only popped up recently, which is weird since I haven't changed Fust's scatterer configs in a long while.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

61otqxq.png

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out :)

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

7 hours ago, TachyonGMZ said:

I've installed the new update but valentine doesnt seem any further. It's currently orbiting at 21,600,000,000,000 at 1400 m/s (not exact but around these numbers). Is this where it is supposed to be? Is there a way to put the planets around kerbol and make an extended solar system because I like the planets but the time it takes to get there means most will probably not be sen although they are better than stock ones.

Read this and install the necessary mods. Extrasolar wouldn't be "extrasolar" anymore if Andrew changes it into just another pack of outer planets. And the idea of using stock engines to go interstellar is pure silliness. No irl space agency is going to use 1960s engines to attempt to send manned craft to Jupiter, Saturn or Proxima Centauri.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

@TachyonGMZ I'm a little confused by the numbers you gave me. You said that it was orbiting at around 21,600,000,000,000, which doesn't make any sense since not only does Valentine orbit at 3,387,913,025,024 (almost 7 times smaller than the number you gave me), Valentine has never orbited at 21,600,000,000,000 in any version of Extrasolar to my knowledge. Even if Valentine was at 21,600,000,000,000, this is still a decent distance for a star in orbit around another star. As a reference, 21,600,000,000,000 meters is roughly 1,600 kerbal AU. In real life, most binary stars orbit eachother within 200 - 300 AU.

You know what I just realised im using 6.4x rescale which makes sense since you said that my orbit is nearly seven times bigger than you expected. So relatively speaking that is the right distance? Because it seems unchanged and I even had a probe that just left its soi that seems in the same place.

20 minutes ago, TachyonGMZ said:

You know what I just realised im using 6.4x rescale which makes sense since you said that my orbit is nearly seven times bigger than you expected. So relatively speaking that is the right distance? Because it seems unchanged and I even had a probe that just left its soi that seems in the same place.

Okay that makes sense. Yeah that is the right distance then. I guess it just kind of a coincidence that the SOI isn't that different?

6 hours ago, Greatness101 said:

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures Whatd'ya think about making this compatible with KSS? The planets could appear around Kerman's Star or an entirely new one (Kalentine?) for compatibility :P

I'll do that in the near future. Right now there are a couple of things that have higher priority.

24 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I support that idea :P

Is that the first time you've posted on this thread? I feel like it is :P

While you're here, what do you think of the improved planets? Any constructive criticism?

4 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Is that the first time you've posted on this thread? I feel like it is :P

While you're here, what do you think of the improved planets? Any constructive criticism?

Haha probably yes, I really like how they look in the screenshots ... I'll probably test them ingame soon.  And because they're high quality in art style, I'd like to see them one day around one of the KSS stars.

The only thing I'd like to see is maybe more information about the celestials? 

Edited by StarCrusher96

5 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Haha probably yes, I really like how they look in the screenshots ... I'll probably test them ingame soon.  And because they're high quality in art style, I'd like to see them one day around one of the KSS stars.

Glad you like them :D

When you test them in-game, just know that the surfaces still need a bit of love so don't expect to be wowed or anything. Haven't gotten around to putting in some nice terrain textures from CTTP and all that jazz. In fact, that's what I mean by there are other things that have higher priority. :P

7 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

The only thing I'd like to see is maybe more information about the celestials? 

Oh thanks for editing in another question right after I post a response :P

That's fair, though. I use to have an entire thing on the OP with the descriptions for each of the planets. I also kind of want to add some lore-ish things to the planets. Might put ancient alien structures buried in the sands of Solyth for example.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2018 at 3:22 PM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Working on improving the surfaces of all of the terrestrial bodies.

Surface of Javine:

lSuEAHb.png

Surface of Solyth:

3auv7BC.png

Rest In RIP, any aquatic life on Javine. 

???-2018

Press F for respect

Spoiler

The view from Javine is still awesome through. Same for Solyth.

14 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Rest In RIP, any aquatic life on Javine. 

???-2018

Press F for respect

Hide contents

The view from Javine is still awesome through. Same for Solyth.

Maybe once, long ago, Javine had oceans.

Continuing to work on planet/moon surfaces.

Surface of Kuprus:

eqkjd1h.png

Might decide to add a little dwarf planet into the Valentine System at some point.

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

I haven't actually added CRP support yet. That will come soon. That being said, Extrasolar does function with CRP.

So it works, but it'll make weird stuff happen with the resource distribution?

1 hour ago, abda123 said:

So it works, but it'll make weird stuff happen with the resource distribution?

Yeah. CRP assigns default values to planets that don't have their own custom CRP definitions, so you will just get the default distributions for all Extrasolar planets.