[1.6.0] Extrasolar v1.8.0 [12/21/18]

Andi K.

On 3/2/2018 at 10:06 AM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

I know. I'm not totally sure on how to remove it from CKAN.

Would you like me to see if I can fix this CKAN install problem?

Otherwise, I can see if I can get it removed.

Just let me know.

16 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Would you like me to see if I can fix this CKAN install problem?

Otherwise, I can see if I can get it removed.

Just let me know.

Honestly, just get it removed from CKAN. If I decide I want to put in on CKAN again, I'll let you know.

I think this is the first time you've actually posted on here :wink:

53 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Honestly, just get it removed from CKAN. If I decide I want to put in on CKAN again, I'll let you know.

I think this is the first time you've actually posted on here :wink:

Yes, but I'm fairly active elsewhere, I was browsing and saw the post

Ok, i'll see what I can do

Hi,

I play this planet pack extensively and wanted to help make it a bit better. I noticed in Extrasolar_Planets_Beyond_Kerbol-1.7.1 that you have all your textures in GameData/Extrasolar_Textures. If you move then to a folder named PluginData and then updated all your Kopernicus configs to point to the new folder location. You could make use of on demand loading. You would need to add .dds to the path also. See below.

On 1/8/2016 at 1:36 PM, The White Guardian said:

But, there is one more, simple thing you can do to make your pack over 1000 times better!

How, you might ask. The answer is simple: Kopernicus has an incredible feature called OnDemandLoading: it will only load the textures of planets nearby, so if you would be orbiting Duna for instance, it would only load the textures of Duna and Ike, and won't load the others, such as Moho, Dres, and Jool.

This saves a lot of memory! But, in order to make it work with your pack, there are two things that you must do:

- All textures must be stored in a folder called 'PluginData'. There can be multiple PluginData folders, but as long as all textures are saved in a folder called PluginData, you're good.

- All texture formats must be specified. This step is easy: at the end of every 'texture-filepath', add what format it is: .dds, .png, .jpg, etc.

And done! You are now using OnDemandLoading, which means that everyone using your pack will experience exploration with memory optimized.

I modded the Extrasolar configs to make use of OnDemandLoading and with the recent CTTP update to use this feature. It was a noticeable performance gain for me, especially in the KSP Observatory. Your mod went from loading all the CTTP and Extrasolar dds files, to only what I used. Went from 15FS to 60FPS capped. I do have the latest OPM installed alongside this mod.

*note some of the CTTP textures path in your configs do not have .dds added to the end yet, so wont use this feature.

I have made a bunch of other personal changes , but this one is a simple change to AtmosphericOptimized in the configs. See below.

On 6/12/2016 at 3:44 AM, CaptRobau said:

From now on everything we'll be doing in side of the Material node. For those who've dabbled with texturing before KSP 1.1, note that AtmosphericExtra is the successor to AtmosphericOptimized. If you used that before, use AtmosphericExtra now.

I hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Barar said:

Hi,

I play this planet pack extensively and wanted to help make it a bit better. I noticed in Extrasolar_Planets_Beyond_Kerbol-1.7.1 that you have all your textures in GameData/Extrasolar_Textures. If you move then to a folder named PluginData and then updated all your Kopernicus configs to point to the new folder location. You could make use of on demand loading. You would need to add .dds to the path also. See below.

I modded the Extrasolar configs to make use of OnDemandLoading and with the recent CTTP update to use this feature. It was a noticeable performance gain for me, especially in the KSP Observatory. Your mod went from loading all the CTTP and Extrasolar dds files, to only what I used. Went from 15FS to 60FPS capped. I do have the latest OPM installed alongside this mod.

*note some of the CTTP textures path in your configs do not have .dds added to the end yet, so wont use this feature.

I have made a bunch of other personal changes , but this one is a simple change to AtmosphericOptimized in the configs. See below.

I hope this helps.

Thanks! I was planning on doing those things in the near future and that will save me a lot of time. Could you send over the files you edited or make a pull request on github?

9 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

ok so I am gonna play this, but I'm not sure what to do once I arrive at the planets

does astronomers add clouds to this?

Colonize them I guess? :P

Extrasolar comes with its own cloud files. However, in order the get visuals for within the Kerbol System, you'll have to use SVE. Astronomers isn't compatible with Extrasolar to my knowledge.

Would be nice to have an "Principia Mod" config file .... without this, it is incompatible with principia running .... (planet orbits unstable ..)

Thanks anyway :)

Edited by R-TEAM

2 hours ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

What are the interactions between this mod and OPM? Are the Oouterplanets still where they are in OPM plus the Valentine system in the distance or are the OPM planets moved to Valentine system/replace Valentine's planets?

OPM's planets are where they are and Valentine will be out the distance. No planets will be replaced :)

1 hour ago, R-TEAM said:

Would be nice to have an "Principia Mod" config file .... without this, it is incompatible with principia running .... (planet orbits unstable ..)

Thanks anyway :)

That is something I'll definitely be working on. Expect that in the next update or two.

I moved this post from EVE over here

59 minutes ago, LameLefty said:

You need to prune out everything but EVE + SVE + Kopernicus and see if you see clouds and such in the loading screens. If you don't, you've got something fubar.

I do this right now, after that I add OPM, than ExtraSolar + SVE patch.
(and I will not prune Squad, lol)

brb

Edit:
@LameLefty

first run (Squad, MM, EVE + SVE + Kopernicus):

Spoiler

ExwOuVj.png

second run (+ OPM, CTTP):
@Galileo

Spoiler

d1ja0aY.png

as you can see, the blue haze is gone, the clouds are still there...

third run (+ Extrasolar, SVE patch*, without included build of DistantObjectEnhancement):
*the SVE patch is for scatterer and so it's not touching my setup

Spoiler

no clouds here:
9xvtn2o.png

and here:
myTJ6nS.png

but the blue haze that was gone with OPM is back...

So I redirect this to @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

The log of the last run:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wa8mqssu4z9qcu0/2018-04-13_3 KSP.log.7z?dl=1
btw now the log is whining about "javineClouds", not about "GratianClouds" as I mentioned here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/143288-ksp-142-131-stock-visual-enhancements-v1304-05-april-2018/&do=findComment&comment=3353683

@Gordon Dry Did you download Extrasolar from spacedock or GitHub? If you used SpaceDock, try downloading from GitHub and vise versa. Perhaps I screwed something up with the files I uploaded.

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures I'm sure I downloaded from Github (because I remember that I downloaded both packs), I just download them all again from both sources and compare them.

Edit:

1. The optionals are also inside the core download at Github, same files
  2. The Github core contains a GameData\CTTP\Textures\PluginData\LNX-CTTP-PLUS.zip which contains the same files as the unpacked ones
  3. The Spacedock rls is the same as the Github core

That's it.

Edited by Gordon Dry

24 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures I'm sure I downloaded from Github (because I remember that I downloaded both packs), I just download them all again from both sources and compare them.

Edit:

1. The optionals are also inside the core download at Github, same files
  2. The Github core contains a GameData\CTTP\Textures\PluginData\LNX-CTTP-PLUS.zip which contains the same files as the unpacked ones
  3. The Spacedock rls is the same as the Github core

That's it.

Try installing the one from SpaceDock and see if the problem is still there. Could you also show me a screenshot of your gamedata folder?

6 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Try installing the one from SpaceDock and see if the problem is still there. Could you also show me a screenshot of your gamedata folder?

Because the files are bitwise compared the same as in Github, in Spacedock and in my GameData folder, no need to reinstall.

Screenshot? Inside the log is a list of mods, and this issue also happened with only the mods mentioned in my post above.

Squad
ModuleManager
Kopernicus
EVE
SVE
OPM
ExtraSolar + SVE patch

Edited by Gordon Dry

I'd like to stream some KSP after 4 years and I had a setup that worked fine until 1.4.2 hit, at which point my ship orbiting the Mun couldn't see stars or the Mun itself (black void), and the planet had a weird haze to it. Last night I reinstalled everything and can get it all to run fine if I remove ExtraSolar.

I saw your conversation today and was wondering if it was a matter of the order the mods are installed or if it's now a known bug that isn't resolved yet?

I'm attempting to use;

Environment Visual Enhancements

Distant Object Enhancement

Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier

PlanetShine

Scatterer & Sunflare

Stock Visual Enhancements High Res

Stock Visual Terrain

and the setup is fine as far as I know, until I add ExtraSolar w/the patch from Github, where the planet fog returns and the clouds disappear

If I have to pick between the additional visuals OR ExtraSolar then that's fine, and based on the goals of the stream I'd go with ExtraSolar - but if it's a matter of the order they're installed and anyone's found a fix, or if anyone knows if some of the above + ExtraSolar is viable then that would be fine too.

I was hoping I could piggy back off of your testing and save myself some trial and error.

My last real experience with modding KSP is from .23/.24 in 2013/2014 so I'm a born again noob and would greatly appreciate any guidance you could offer a layman :)

Edited by danshu15

@Gordon Dry

So you can try this to fix it, it works for me.

Go to the folder GameData/Extrasolar/EVO/EVO_EVE/Atmosphere

Open the clouds.cfg, you will see the following

EVE_CLOUDS

Copy and paste the line below over that.

@EVE_CLOUDS:AFTER[StockVisualEnhancements]

The issue is that the GameData/Extrasolar/EVO/EVO_EVE/Atmosphere/Clouds.cfg is defaulted to EVE_CLOUDS. This is because it is the first time it is applied to the game. Any other addition to EVE_CLOUDS must use the @ edit to make changes. Extrasolar was placed before SVE because of the alphabetical order of the files. If the :AFTER[StockVisualEnhancements] was in place. It would be placed after, but extrasolar clouds would not work. So we need to place the @ for MM edit to add these additions.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but it works in game for me.

Good luck playing, you will get nullref error from the on demand loading as it cannot apply clouds when to texture is unloaded. Not game breaking, but should only be on OPM right now.

Just to note, I dont use EVE, SVE, Scatterer etc.. I do use Kopernicus, OPM and Extrasolar. So I loaded up a new KSP and installed them to troubleshot it, since you seemed to really want to solve the issue. I hope this allows you to play over the weekend.

@Gordon Dry

@danshu15

Okay, this is really weird that both of you are having problems, because Extrasolar is running 100% fine on my computer. Thanks for providing a fix danshu15.

To simplify things in the future, I'll probably include visuals for the stock solar system within Extrasolar so that you don't have to use SVE.

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

@Barar @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures The edit to @EVE_CLOUDS:AFTER[StockVisualEnhancements]  somehow works, as you can see here:
DNOPPSo.png

but this is still in the log:

Spoiler

[EVE CloudsManager]: Unable to parse config node:
OBJECT
{
	offset = 0,0,0
	speed = 0,30,0
	altitude = 6000
	body = Thatmo
	name = Thatmo-MainClouds
	settings
	{
		_DetailDist = 0.325E-07
		_Color = 255,255,255,150
		_UVNoiseScale = 0.0039999998
		_UVNoiseStrength = 0.0001600001
		_UVNoiseAnimation = 0.2,0.2
		_DistFadeVert = 3.99999E-05
		_DetailScale = 10
		_MainTex
		{
			value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/GratianClouds
		}
		_DetailTex
		{
			value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/DetailLow
		}
		_UVNoiseTex
		{
			value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/uvnoise1
		}
	}
	layer2D
	{
		macroCloudMaterial
		{
			_InvFade = 0.02
			_FalloffPow = 0.7
			_RimDist = 0.001
			_FalloffScale = 10
		}
		shadowMaterial
		{
			_ShadowFactor = 0.15
		}
	}
}

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

EVEManager: Issue loading CloudsManager! Error:
UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to apply node! ---> UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to parse "settings" in "OBJECT"! ---> UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to parse "_MainTex" in "settings"!
  at Utils.ConfigHelper.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Utils.ConfigHelper.Parse (System.Reflection.FieldInfo field, System.Object& obj, System.String[] value, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Utils.ConfigHelper.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Atmosphere.CloudsObject.LoadConfigNode (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.CloudsManager.ApplyConfigNode (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.LoadConfig () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1[T].Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GlobalEVEManager.Setup (Boolean late) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

and I also had this, could be totally unrelated - or not:
https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/168763-13x-ks3p/&do=findComment&comment=3354280

4 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@Barar @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures The edit to @EVE_CLOUDS:AFTER[StockVisualEnhancements]  somehow works, as you can see here:
DNOPPSo.png

but this is still in the log:

Reveal hidden contents

[EVE CloudsManager]: Unable to parse config node:
OBJECT
{
	offset = 0,0,0
	speed = 0,30,0
	altitude = 6000
	body = Thatmo
	name = Thatmo-MainClouds
	settings
	{
		_DetailDist = 0.325E-07
		_Color = 255,255,255,150
		_UVNoiseScale = 0.0039999998
		_UVNoiseStrength = 0.0001600001
		_UVNoiseAnimation = 0.2,0.2
		_DistFadeVert = 3.99999E-05
		_DetailScale = 10
		_MainTex
		{
			value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/GratianClouds
		}
		_DetailTex
		{
			value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/DetailLow
		}
		_UVNoiseTex
		{
			value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/uvnoise1
		}
	}
	layer2D
	{
		macroCloudMaterial
		{
			_InvFade = 0.02
			_FalloffPow = 0.7
			_RimDist = 0.001
			_FalloffScale = 10
		}
		shadowMaterial
		{
			_ShadowFactor = 0.15
		}
	}
}

EVEManager: Issue loading CloudsManager! Error:
UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to apply node! ---> UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to parse "settings" in "OBJECT"! ---> UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to parse "_MainTex" in "settings"!
  at Utils.ConfigHelper.Parse (System.Reflection.FieldInfo field, System.Object& obj, System.String[] value, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.CloudsObject.LoadConfigNode (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.CloudsManager.ApplyConfigNode (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.LoadConfig () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1[T].Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GlobalEVEManager.Setup (Boolean late) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

and I also had this, could be totally unrelated - or not:
https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/168763-13x-ks3p/&do=findComment&comment=3354280

If you remove OPM, what happens?