[1.6.0] Extrasolar v1.8.0 [12/21/18]

Andi K.

46 minutes ago, Nyxor said:

Unfortunately, after putting the Extrasolar folder into my KSP GameData and running it, the "load screen" completely froze upon starting to load Fust's texture. I quite honestly have no idea what this means. I really appreciate the help nonetheless. Seeing as it only froze upon loading a texture, I tried removing the Active Texture Management mod, which I also had running at the time, and voila! It worked beautifully. I suppose ATM doesn't like compressing the texture of an entire star system :P. Thanks for the help!  

I'm glad you were able to solve it!

Hey, have you come up with a cheesy enough description for the broken planet a.k.a Shatteria a.k.a. Fragmentum or picked one of the 2 names? :)

Heres a bonus third name that sounds Kerbal enough; Braek

The whole thing's actually supposed to be super close to Valentine, tidally locked and one side's burned by solar flares, its chunk-moons have an unstable rotation and spin super fast, and have about a sixth of Mun-level gravity. It could have at least a thin atmosphere that's fairly habitable but still unsustainable to most life other than Kerbals, and reentry with no heatshield's no problem

Here are their possible names if you pick the planet's name:

S-1/F-1/B-1

S-2/F-2/B-2

Edited by AJTheMighty

1 hour ago, AJTheMighty said:

Hey, have you come up with a cheesy enough description for the broken planet a.k.a Shatteria a.k.a. Fragmentum or picked one of the 2 names? :)

Heres a bonus third name that sounds Kerbal enough; Braek

The whole thing's actually supposed to be super close to Valentine, tidally locked and one side's burned by solar flares, its chunk-moons have an unstable rotation and spin super fast, and have about a sixth of Mun-level gravity. It could have at least a thin atmosphere that's fairly habitable but still unsustainable to most life other than Kerbals, and reentry with no heatshield's no problem

Here are their possible names if you pick the planet's name:

S-1/F-1/B-1

S-2/F-2/B-2

I am right now working on boring ol' texturing so I haven't really touched any of the great moon suggestions I've been getting from you guys. I am almost done and will probably release the update sometime tomorrow. After that, I'll start making more moons, planets, etc.

Just dropping by to say that if you use the experimental version of PlanetShine it will work fine without doing anything special to support it, because contrary to the basic version of PlanetShine, the colors of the planets are autodetected live, and even change depending on the exposed biomes.

So you should suggest to use the experimental version until you take time to create a custom config to support the standard version.

Edited by Valerian

2 hours ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Kerbal Stuff has shut down :(. From now on, my mods are going to be moved to Curse. I'll change the links right now.

Aww that's too bad ;.;

I downloaded the majority of the mods I use from KerbalStuff, and I'm migrating to Curse as well. BTW, any progress on Shatteria/Fragmentum/Braek? Chosen a name yet? Any concepts or prototypes?

And I LOVE this mod; but maybe could you optimize the textures so it's lighter and lower on RAM usage?

Oh and heres more suggestions;

A water moon with no land; named "Atlantis" and ideal for submarines, boats and floating bases

A tiny planetoid 100 meters in diameter that somehow has a thin atmosphere and is HABITABLE

Edited by AJTheMighty

4 minutes ago, AJTheMighty said:

Aww that's too bad ;.;

I downloaded the majority of the mods I use from KerbalStuff, and I'm migrating to Curse as well. BTW, any progress on Shatteria/Fragmentum/Braek? Chosen a name yet?

And I LOVE this mod; but maybe could you optimize the textures so it's lighter and lower on RAM usage?

You have to realize that it takes quite some time making these planets. Sometimes they don't work as I want them to and I have to figure out a way to solve it. You shouldn't expect  immediate gratification.

3 hours ago, Valerian said:

Just dropping by to say that if you use the experimental version of PlanetShine it will work fine without doing anything special to support it, because contrary to the basic version of PlanetShine, the colors of the planets are autodetected live, and even change depending on the exposed biomes.

So you should suggest to use the experimental version until you take time to create a custom config to support the standard version.

Okay thanks for letting me know.

The new replacement for Kerbalstuff, Spacedock, it out! I'm going to add an alternative download for those who want to download it off of Spacedock.

Side-note: Including the ones from KerbalStuff, we have almost hit 1,000 downloads! Thanks a bunch to all of those who have have contributed to this mod, especially Daeridanii who has provided dozens of ideas for moons, all of which will be seen in the next version of the mod: version 0.5.0.

The new replacement for Kerbalstuff, Spacedock, it out! I'm going to add an alternative download for those who want to download it off of Spacedock.

Side-note: Including the ones from KerbalStuff, we have almost hit 1,000 downloads! Thanks a bunch to all of those who have have contributed to this mod, especially Daeridanii who has provided dozens of ideas for moons, all of which will be seen in the next version of the mod: version 0.5.0.

Awesome!! I'll try it out

Any progress on the broken planet and the tiny 100-m radius Kerbin-lookalike asteroid?

25 minutes ago, AJTheMighty said:

Any progress on the broken planet and the tiny 100-m radius Kerbin-lookalike asteroid?

Don't forget about the retexture!

Edited by Andem
Forum software freaked out... Sorry for any confusion...

42 minutes ago, AJTheMighty said:

Can I be completely honest? It is honestly getting quite irritating the amount of times you have reminded me about this. Everyone else is just giving the suggestion, and then waiting patiently for it to be implemented. Even after I have told you several times to be patient and that I have other things to work on, you still continue to bring up your planet idea. This is the very last time I am going to tell you this. Wait. I have a lot of other things to work on and your planet idea doesn't have the top priority.

1 minute ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Can I be completely honest? It is honestly getting quite irritating the amount of times you have reminded me about this. Everyone else is just giving the suggestion, and then waiting patiently for it to be implemented. Even after I have told you several times to be patient and that I have other things to work on, you still continue to bring up your planet idea. This is the very last time I am going to tell you this. Wait. I have a lot of other things to work on and your planet idea doesn't have the top priority.

FINE... I'll be patient ;)

Hey guys! Now that we have a bunch of new moon ideas for Heba and Solyth, how about we get some ideas circulating for moons of Mir? Do you think it is a good idea to create a whole new thread to discuss moon ideas for Extrasolar?

Hey guys! Now that we have a bunch of new moon ideas for Heba and Solyth, how about we get some ideas circulating for moons of Mir? Do you think it is a good idea to create a whole new thread to discuss moon ideas for Extrasolar?

It certainly would keep the thread from getting cluttered. So, yes, I think it would be beneficial to both the release thread and to the possible idea one.

1 hour ago, Daeridanii said:

It certainly would keep the thread from getting cluttered. So, yes, I think it would be beneficial to both the release thread and to the possible idea one.

1 hour ago, Andem said:

I think a seperate thread would be beneficial :D

Okay thanks for the input.

20 minutes ago, paul6334 said:

I dragged the "Extrasolar" folder (stock scale) into my gamedata folder, but I cannot find the new system in the tracking station.

Looks like you forgot to install Kopernicus :P

Install it and THEN add Extrasolar and you'll be good to go :D