[1.6.0] Extrasolar v1.8.0 [12/21/18]

Andi K.

2 minutes ago, mtpatane said:

I'm not sure that the Eve clouds work. 

Like I mentioned in a post above there was a conflict with Eve cloud manager for the solyth cloud config. 

Were you able to replicate the issue? 

Might just need a re-spin of the config against and updated version of EVE 

I released an update yesterday fixing the problem with EVE.

It seems Javine is throwing off the same cloud manager error.

Here's my Log:

[LOG 19:16:42.428] CloudsManager: Running Setup
[LOG 19:16:42.429] CloudsManager: Loading...
[LOG 19:16:42.430] CloudsManager: Extrasolar/ValentineSystem/configs/Extrasolar_EVE/EVE_CLOUDS
[LOG 19:16:42.431] CloudsManager: StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/clouds/EVE_CLOUDS
[LOG 19:16:42.431] CloudsManager: Cleaning Clouds!
[LOG 19:16:42.433] CloudsManager: Unable to parse config node:
OBJECT
{
    name = Javine-clouds1
    body = Javine
    altitude = 8000
    speed = 0,90,0
    detailSpeed = 0,6,0
    offset = 0,0,0
    settings
    {
        _MainTex = Extrasolar/ValentineSystem/clouds/basicclouds
        _DetailTex = BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/detail1
        _DetailScale = 120
        _DistFade = 1
        _DistFadeVert = 4E-05
        _Color = 255,255,255,50
        _DetailDist = 2E-06
    }
    layer2D
    {
        shadowMaterial
        {
        }
        macroCloudMaterial
        {
            _FalloffPow = 2
            _FalloffScale = 3
            _DetailDist = 2E-06
            _MinLight = 0.5
            _RimDist = 0.0001
            _RimDistSub = 1.01
            _InvFade = 0.008
        }
    }
    layerVolume
    {
        size = 4000,2
        maxTranslation = 0,100,0
        area = 24000,4
        particleMaterial
        {
            _TopTex = BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/particle/1
            _LeftTex = BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/particle/2
            _FrontTex = BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/particle/3
            _LightScatter = 0.55
            _MinLight = 0.5
            _InvFade = 0.008
        }
    }
}

[LOG 19:16:42.436] EVEManager: Issue loading CloudsManager! Error:
UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to apply node! ---> UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to parse "settings" in "OBJECT"! ---> UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to parse "_DetailTex" in "settings"!
  at Utils.ConfigHelper.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Utils.ConfigHelper.Parse (System.Reflection.FieldInfo field, System.Object& obj, System.String[] value, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Utils.ConfigHelper.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Atmosphere.CloudsObject.LoadConfigNode (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.CloudsManager.ApplyConfigNode (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.LoadConfig () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1[T].Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GlobalEVEManager.Setup (Boolean late) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Any Thoughts?

39 minutes ago, mtpatane said:

It seems Javine is throwing off the same cloud manager error.

Here's my Log:

[LOG 19:16:42.428] CloudsManager: Running Setup
[LOG 19:16:42.429] CloudsManager: Loading...
[LOG 19:16:42.430] CloudsManager: Extrasolar/ValentineSystem/configs/Extrasolar_EVE/EVE_CLOUDS
[LOG 19:16:42.431] CloudsManager: StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/clouds/EVE_CLOUDS
[LOG 19:16:42.431] CloudsManager: Cleaning Clouds!
[LOG 19:16:42.433] CloudsManager: Unable to parse config node:
OBJECT
{
    name = Javine-clouds1
    body = Javine
    altitude = 8000
    speed = 0,90,0
    detailSpeed = 0,6,0
    offset = 0,0,0
    settings
    {
        _MainTex = Extrasolar/ValentineSystem/clouds/basicclouds
        _DetailTex = BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/detail1
        _DetailScale = 120
        _DistFade = 1
        _DistFadeVert = 4E-05
        _Color = 255,255,255,50
        _DetailDist = 2E-06
    }
    layer2D
    {
        shadowMaterial
        {
        }
        macroCloudMaterial
        {
            _FalloffPow = 2
            _FalloffScale = 3
            _DetailDist = 2E-06
            _MinLight = 0.5
            _RimDist = 0.0001
            _RimDistSub = 1.01
            _InvFade = 0.008
        }
    }
    layerVolume
    {
        size = 4000,2
        maxTranslation = 0,100,0
        area = 24000,4
        particleMaterial
        {
            _TopTex = BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/particle/1
            _LeftTex = BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/particle/2
            _FrontTex = BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/particle/3
            _LightScatter = 0.55
            _MinLight = 0.5
            _InvFade = 0.008
        }
    }
}

[LOG 19:16:42.436] EVEManager: Issue loading CloudsManager! Error:
UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to apply node! ---> UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to parse "settings" in "OBJECT"! ---> UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to parse "_DetailTex" in "settings"!
  at Utils.ConfigHelper.Parse (System.Reflection.FieldInfo field, System.Object& obj, System.String[] value, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.CloudsObject.LoadConfigNode (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.CloudsManager.ApplyConfigNode (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.LoadConfig () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1[T].Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GlobalEVEManager.Setup (Boolean late) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Any Thoughts?

Do you have Stock Visual Enhancements installed?

40 minutes ago, mtpatane said:

Got it!

is there a way I could disable clouds on the extrasolar planets and make it work?

Yes. Go to the file directory "Extrasolar/ValentineSystem/configs" and delete the config file named "Extrasolar_EVE."

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have recource maps for the valentine planets? Or are they in the works?

The Valentine system looks awesome by the way, especially with scatterer. Kudo's on the great work.

I'm playing a career game and for some extra fun I added this mod. I just finished a challenge to rendezvous two vessels and then rescue a guy from orbit of Kerbin, but now I get the next challenge mission: to 'Explore the Valentine'. I think it is clear I'm far from ready for that.

So, two questions:

- Why do I get this mission this early in the game?

- Can it be prevented?

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 4:11 PM, mtpatane said:

I'm not sure that the Eve clouds work. 

Like I mentioned in a post above there was a conflict with Eve cloud manager for the solyth cloud config. 

Were you able to replicate the issue? 

Might just need a re-spin of the config against and updated version of EVE 

I was able to replicate the issue but I thought I fixed it in the latest release of this mod.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2016 at 3:05 PM, SYDWAD said:

does this mod have the bug where your ship will spawn in the middle of the universe? because of the way the sun gets moved is kinda buggy usually

This mod doesn't move the sun. It adds another star by putting it in a distant orbit of the sun.

• 3 weeks later...

How do i install this wonderful pack?

I don't know if i'm doing anything wrong, but i tried putting the Extrasolar folder into the Gamedata folder (with Kopernicus installed of course)

And nothing showed up when i tried looking for the planets in the tracking station.

Now, i do have a lot of mods installed so maybe there is some conflicts with some of them? idk.

1 hour ago, Spran said:

How do i install this wonderful pack?

I don't know if i'm doing anything wrong, but i tried putting the Extrasolar folder into the Gamedata folder (with Kopernicus installed of course)

And nothing showed up when i tried looking for the planets in the tracking station.

Now, i do have a lot of mods installed so maybe there is some conflicts with some of them? idk.

Within the extrasolar folder there are two folders. One is named stock scale while the other is named realistic scale. Select one depending on whether or not you have a rescale mod. Within that folder there is a GameData folder. You want to merge that GameData folder with the ksp GameData folder. 

29 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Within the extrasolar folder there are two folders. One is named stock scale while the other is named realistic scale. Select one depending on whether or not you have a rescale mod. Within that folder there is a GameData folder. You want to merge that GameData folder with the ksp GameData folder. 

That's what i did, but nothing showed up. I chose the stockscale one. Should i try installing the 6.4 scale mod and try with the realistic scale?

2 hours ago, Spran said:

That's what i did, but nothing showed up. I chose the stockscale one. Should i try installing the 6.4 scale mod and try with the realistic scale?

That's strange. Valentine is really far away, so try using Tab key on your keyboard to cycle through the different bodies.

4 hours ago, Planetfall said:

Yah, I'm having the same problem, No Valentine! :( I tabed around the map too. 

I honestly don't know how to help you. As you might have been able to tell, I have abandoned this mod and am now focusing my time on my other mod, called Constellations. I'm very sorry.

12 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

I honestly don't know how to help you. As you might have been able to tell, I have abandoned this mod and am now focusing my time on my other mod, called Constellations. I'm very sorry.

I hate to hear that you are dropping the mod man, Its such a great idea. 

13 minutes ago, eberkain said:

I hate to hear that you are dropping the mod man, Its such a great idea. 

If I can find someone to take over development of this mod, I will do that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2016 at 3:02 AM, Seth Kerman said:

cant find the system elsewhere not even in the tracking station, downloaded through ckan..

Try zooming out more.

Hey, I love your planet pack. Its nice to see planets which are proper colours and moons with atmospheres :)

I downloaded it and launched an Ion probe to visit all the planets. I didn't manage to visit Lomina (because of its high inclination) but I visited all the others and two moons as well, before parking in a polar orbit around Semth.

While I played, I recorded the footage and put it in a montage for anyone who wants to take a look, or is struggling to get out so far. I used all stock parts.

Sorry its a bit long. I hope you continue development on this mod or your RSS planet pack. I haven't downloaded that one as I don't really play Real Solar System, it'd be nice if you made a Kerbal sized version of your RSS but I know you're already doing alot. :)

Edited by RatchetinSpace