[1.6.0] Extrasolar v1.8.0 [12/21/18]

Andi K.

• 3 months later...
31 minutes ago, EnriqueB said:

Fust looks a lot like Laythe, and very realistic. Can you make a tutorial for making ealistic (fust-like terrain) textures with GIMP?

Uhmmm. Possibly. I haven't thought about it. I'm sorry that's not a very definitive answer!

1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

Bummer that you discontinued the mod, I w as hoping to try it out in 1.2. Is.Constellations any similar?

Don't worry, Extrasolar is going to be continued by Daeridani and implemented into his mod called "Universe: Star Pack."  Constellations has a similar concept to Extrasolar. Constellations adds a bunch of real stars and their exoplanets into RSS, and the stars are located almost exactly where they are in real life. If only Distant Object Enhancement worked with stars at great distances so you could actually see the stars from Earth...

• 4 weeks later...
On ۱۳۹۵/۸/۶ ه‍.ش. at 4:52 AM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Don't worry, Extrasolar is going to be continued by Daeridani and implemented into his mod called "Universe: Star Pack."  Constellations has a similar concept to Extrasolar. Constellations adds a bunch of real stars and their exoplanets into RSS, and the stars are located almost exactly where they are in real life. If only Distant Object Enhancement worked with stars at great distances so you could actually see the stars from Earth...

I searched google and found a link in forums for Universe: Star Pack, and unfortunately, that one is 1.1.3 too. so what was that about this mod being implemented in that one too?

12 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

I searched google and found a link in forums for Universe: Star Pack, and unfortunately, that one is 1.1.3 too. so what was that about this mod being implemented in that one too?

Its actually very odd that Daeridani hasn't updated his mod since 1.1.3. In fact, I told him that he doesn't have permission to implement this mod into his anymore, and he didn't respond. I will update this mod myself eventually. I just have many things going on in my life right now, and managing two different mods is kind of difficult.

Hey @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures, first of all great mod! I really enjoy it.

Though I noticed one issue, I don't know if it constitutes a bug or not for you but I had an accident at a Asteroid and I really did not want to lose the ore I had got for other missions so I wanted to cheat in a new rocket module to attach to it. However, I found out that after installing your mods, Asteroids are no longer listed under the Set Orbit menu. I believe the privileges of where your planets are inserted is confusing KSP and not letting it add asteroids.

2 hours ago, WAS said:

Hey @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures, first of all great mod! I really enjoy it.

Though I noticed one issue, I don't know if it constitutes a bug or not for you but I had an accident at a Asteroid and I really did not want to lose the ore I had got for other missions so I wanted to cheat in a new rocket module to attach to it. However, I found out that after installing your mods, Asteroids are no longer listed under the Set Orbit menu. I believe the privileges of where your planets are inserted is confusing KSP and not letting it add asteroids.

Well thank you for the compliment! As for the bug, that's a little strange, as I'm not having that issue on my end. Have you tried uninstalling all other mods except Extrasolar and its dependencies? Maybe there is some sort of conflict between my mod and a mod you have installed.

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

1 hour ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Well thank you for the compliment! As for the bug, that's a little strange, as I'm not having that issue on my end. Have you tried uninstalling all other mods except Extrasolar and its dependencies? Maybe there is some sort of conflict between my mod and a mod you have installed.

I'll give it a go! Thanks for the feedback. Will report back. I was able to get a rocket module to my mining rig without cheats so there is that, no disaster. Though a ridiculously redundant craft I had to make for it's purpose. Hehe

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious, but I know the stock antennas wont communicate that far from Kerbin. So I was planning on using the JX-2 Antenna (mod) that has 1000Gm capability. Can someone tell me just how far away is the otherside of the valentine system? Is this antenna going to cut it? Would hate to send a vessel out there and not be able to talk to it. BTW, Great mod! The planets are gorgeous!

• 4 weeks later...

Just checked out the SMA and SOI of Valentine: 9.46 Pm (exactly 1 light year away!) with SOI of 2.85417 Pm.

Valentine is deadly. around 200 Mm, your space craft would melt from body radiation compared to Kerbol, which requires 100 Mm to melt. High gravity (ASL 12 G) makes me wonder what kind of star is that?

Good luck with that.

100th post.

Oh, the video shows that the spacecraft surely got there...in 750000 years. Better grab some FTL goodies or higher time-warp rate.

On 12/3/2016 at 5:43 AM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Oh there is more science than you could ever dream of.

By the time we reached there, you've unlocked the whole tech tree....

Edited by Anbang11
Nothing to celebrate.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:46 AM, Astronomicalcat said:

Just curious, but I know the stock antennas wont communicate that far from Kerbin. So I was planning on using the JX-2 Antenna (mod) that has 1000Gm capability. Can someone tell me just how far away is the otherside of the valentine system? Is this antenna going to cut it? Would hate to send a vessel out there and not be able to talk to it. BTW, Great mod! The planets are gorgeous!

I would recommend using Interstellar Extended. @FreeThinker added some antennas that will definitely cut it.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:23 AM, Anbang11 said:

Just checked out the SMA and SOI of Valentine: 9.46 Pm (exactly 1 light year away!) with SOI of 2.85417 Pm.

Valentine is deadly. around 200 Mm, your space craft would melt from body radiation compared to Kerbol, which requires 100 Mm to melt. High gravity (ASL 12 G) makes me wonder what kind of star is that?

Good luck with that.

100th post.

Oh, the video shows that the spacecraft surely got there...in 750000 years. Better grab some FTL goodies or higher time-warp rate.

By the time we reached there, you've unlocked the whole tech tree....

Well, considering Valentine is a red dwarf flare star, it does make sense that it would be deadlier to get close to it compared to the Sun. 12 G isn't actually very high gravity for a star. Most stars have higher gravity than that.

As for the whole tech tree "issue", it actually isn't a problem. One, if Valentine has an SMA of 1 light-year, this means that it is really 0.5 light-years away, because the semi-major axis is the distance between the periapsis and the apoapsis and is not the distance between one of the apsides and the parent object. Also, assuming that you use an engine from KSPIE like the Daedalus engine or even if you use the Project Orion Nuclear Pulse Engine, you can easily achieve a significant percentage of the speed of light, and arrive at Valentine in less than an Earth year. By the way, both of those engines do not appear at the end of the tech tree.

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

38 minutes ago, smotheredrun said:

Is this mod compatible with OPM?  And, is it possible to add this mod in mid-save?

Yes, it is. As for adding it mid-save, I see no reason why it shouldn't work. I'd give it a shot.

58 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures why does the title say the mod is DISCONTINUED ?

Edit: Oh, I see this is the old thread, but I link to the new mod points to the wrong page of your new mod, I recommend you fix it.

It says it's discontinued because I'm not updating Extrasolar anymore. The link for the "new mod" is simply there to show what I'm now working on now that I'm not updating Extrasolar, hence it links to the Constellations thread.

39 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

It says it's discontinued because I'm not updating Extrasolar anymore. The link for the "new mod" is simply there to show what I'm now working on now that I'm not updating Extrasolar, hence it links to the Constellations thread.

Yes I know, but have you noticed the page it is referring to? shouldn't it be the main page?

Edited by FreeThinker

13 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Yes I , but have you noticed the page it is referring to? shouldn't it be the main page?

Oh I see now what you are saying haha. The link goes to the 6th page rather than the OP. I'll change that right now

I kind of feel guilty for discontinuing this mod, and because this is the most popular mod I've ever created, I think I'm going to bring this mod from the dead. Next update will probably be a texture update and updating the EVE configs. This mod is discontinued no more!