[1.6.0] Extrasolar v1.8.0 [12/21/18]

Andi K.

I have been chasing down a weird issue that seems to be with the Heba/Lomina configurations using Kerbal 1.3.0. When they are in the Exosolar folder, the science archives are broken and no previous experiments can be seen. This also breaks CactEye Community contracts as the contract fails to see the science be received. (that is where I started investigating.... Edit: turned out to be unrelated; but now I fixed that too)

Removing Heba/Lomina resolves the entire issue. When they are in, science archives are decidedly broken, even the graphics at the top do not load and Valentine is the only non-stock object that appears.

I do normally use CKAN, but, once I verified what fixed the issue, I copied my save into a pristine dir and installed both kopernicus and exosolar by hand. Same issue.

I wasn't sure if "use release 2" meant "do not use older than 2" or "do not update to 3 or beyond until further notice", so I tested with Kopernicus-1.3.0-2.zip AND 1.3.0-3.zip AND 1.3.0-4.zip; same issue on all three.

I took a look at the configurations but, I can't seem to find the documentation I need to make sense of Kopernicus configs to my liking. I noticed similar issues when I did a quick test with some of the Kopernicus example files as well. In fact, the only Kopernicus example I got to load without this error was the star "Nemesis".

Anyway, Dirty workaround: Delete Heba and Lomnia directories. I would be happy to take another crack at fixing the config myself but, nothing stands out to me other than they are the only two that are not declaring a template.

(edit: s/Lomia/Lomina/g)

Edited by joolsjewls

How a bout an atmospereless donut shaped planet? could be about the size of minmus with a very low gravity, this would be a fun unique idea as if you killed off all velocity you could maintain an orbit in the centre of the donuts hole.im as good at modding as a brick is at cleaning windows, so ill leave the idea to u. if u decide to go ahead with this a shoutout to my youtube (dinoduderocket) would be appreciated. hope u like this :)

14 minutes ago, dinoduderocket said:

How a bout an atmospereless donut shaped planet? could be about the size of minmus with a very low gravity, this would be a fun unique idea as if you killed off all velocity you could maintain an orbit in the centre of the donuts hole.im as good at modding as a brick is at cleaning windows, so ill leave the idea to u. if u decide to go ahead with this a shoutout to my youtube (dinoduderocket) would be appreciated. hope u like this :)

This discussion has happened many times.  Besides the issues with KSP, it cant happen IRL

Is there a way to keep valentine from lighting up kerbin?

Right now it makes all the grass look like a florescent green.

I read in the kopernicus github changelog that there was some new light intensity curve setting, maybe that could help. But I couldn't find one in the configs for valentine.

Thank you in advance if you have any suggestions.

And I agree with Sam, this is a very good mod.

Edited by Electr0ninja

1 hour ago, Electr0ninja said:

Is there a way to keep valentine from lighting up kerbin?

Right now it makes all the grass look like a florescent green.

I read in the kopernicus github changelog that there was some new light intensity curve setting, maybe that could help. But I couldn't find one in the configs for valentine.

Thank you in advance if you have any suggestions.

And I agree with Sam, this is a very good mod.

Yes, roll back Kopernicus to 1.3.0-4. Release 5 changed the way light from additional stars is rendered, based on the intensity curve.  So far, none of the Kopernicus mods that add stars have incorporated the new changes, so all of them will render as if the star is as bright as Kerbol (but in whatever color is already specified in that star's config file).  You'll need to wait until @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures updates Valentine with the new intensity curve before using the latest release (as of 6 hours ago, that's 1.3.0-6).

First Interstellar Trip with extra-solar. I am using 11,300 nuclear bombs to get me to an orbit around valentine. I was able to get to 1.33% light speed for the transit. My total transit time with 22 kerbals and 75 tons of cargo was 250 kerbal years.(or just under 65 real years). Hopefully I will be able to use the on-board supplies to get my rocket factory set up so I can conquer this new system. (Picture is with light boost, as it would be too dark to see otherwise.

ps. Max Time warp was like 6 hours. And the orion drive is the most terrifying method of propulsion ever, and quite possibly the most awesome.

Spoiler

Edited by Electr0ninja

1 hour ago, John007qwe said:

Hi, the scatterer sunflare for Valentine is slightly offset when looking from the tracking station.

I am aware.

2 hours ago, SamBelanger said:

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures I think you forgot to write in MOD SUPPORT :wink:

Reveal hidden contents

OptionalAtmosphere: Add any non-existents atmospheres on any planets and moons of the Valentine system :)

I'll update that after school.

I don't know if this has been asked before (sorry if it has), but does this planet pack have resource support for Umbra Space Industries Mods? I don't want to fly to another solar system and find out there is nowhere to mine substrate.

7 hours ago, Tycoon said:

I don't know if this has been asked before (sorry if it has), but does this planet pack have resource support for Umbra Space Industries Mods? I don't want to fly to another solar system and find out there is nowhere to mine substrate.

Unfortunately no. I should really get to that shouldn't I...

Hey anyone got any good ideas for getting out to this system? I know warp drives are the answer but the KSPI one is a bi*** to get working properly and the standalone feels too constraining and slow. Either I'm doing something wrong or this is just beyond the scope of those. I've got a ship set up that has 10,000 m/s of d-v for making an orbit but KSPI just doesn't wanna let it work.

https://imgur.com/a/qtmHZ  Vessel and warp drive stats :P

Edit:  The ship works fine without the nuke boosters on the front there, but as you might guess then it won't be doing anything with only around 2,000 d-v.

Edited by TheNoobHunter24

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016/1/28 at 0:50 AM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Yeah, definitely. I'm in no way extremely good at modding, and I've been having a lot of trouble with oceans and rocky planets in general. I will try to make this planet as soon as possible, maybe in the update after next.

A better idea: Instead of changing the colors of the planet to look more realistic, in reality, red dwarf stars are orange-ish, so you could just make it cast orange-ish light over all these planets instead of changing their colors.

3 minutes ago, hanhan658 said:

A better idea: Instead of changing the colors of the planet to look more realistic, in reality, red dwarf stars are orange-ish, so you could just make it cast orange-ish light over all these planets instead of changing their colors.

Computer is broken, and I've kind of lost all motivation to continue modding KSP:(, so this mod probably won't change for a very long time. Maybe in the distant future I might make some sort of "grand return."

On 09/18/2017 at 11:46 AM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Computer is broken, and I've kind of lost all motivation to continue modding KSP:(, so this mod probably won't change for a very long time. Maybe in the distant future I might make some sort of "grand return."

Nnnnnnooooooooo!!!!!!!!!  This is such a neat planet pack!  Maybe a break will be a good thing to get the juices flowing again, but I hope that one day you do get back into it.

Even if you currently lack motivation, please know that it is modders like you that make this game keep its appeal over time; there is always something new to discover around that next hill, across that lake or sea, and behind that next planet.

3 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

Nnnnnnooooooooo!!!!!!!!!  This is such a neat planet pack!  Maybe a break will be a good thing to get the juices flowing again, but I hope that one day you do get back into it.

Even if you currently lack motivation, please know that it is modders like you that make this game keep its appeal over time; there is always something new to discover around that next hill, across that lake or sea, and behind that next planet.

Oh don't worry, my computer is working now. I don't know what happened to it. After I fix some problems with Heba, I'll post a new update that I've been working on. Hopefully I'll be able to get that done today. The update will mostly tie up some loose ends regarding compatibility with the latest versions of scatterer and Kopernicus, though there will be some visual changes to the planets as well.

This mod is officially back from the dead!

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:16 PM, joolsjewls said:

snip

To Quote myself:

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 5:11 PM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Here, this is a small little hotfix that fixes Heba, makes Valentine closer to the Sun, and changes the sun flare for Valentine:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/28hvxd2bp785ma6/Extrasolar_hotfix.zip?dl=0

EDIT: To make Valentine closer to the sun, read what I posted a few posts down.

After a nearly 7 month hiatus, Extrasolar is finally back with a new update! Extrasolar should now work perfectly with the latest versions of Scatterer and Kopernicus. However, if you want to update from a previous version of Extrasolar, please throw the included "CareerSaver" anywhere into your GameData folder. This will ensure that this new version of Extrasolar does not break any previous saves. Enjoy!

https://spacedock.info/mod/202/Extrasolar: Planets Beyond Kerbol?ga=%3CGame+3102+%27Kerbal+Space+Program%27%3E