[1.6.0] Extrasolar v1.8.0 [12/21/18]

Andi K.

On 4/16/2018 at 5:58 AM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

So here are the goals for the next update:

- Include visuals for the stock solar system so that using SVE is unnecessary

- Include various patches curtesy of @Barar

- Ensure Extrasolar works with OPM

Shouldn't take too long, really.

If you provide EVE configs for the stock planets, can you be sure to provide that as a separate package so that players can mix-and-match however they want? EVE allows multiple overlapping configs for the one planet, but usually it looks pretty bad if you do that (too many clouds, inconsistent city lights).

Just now, Waz said:

If you provide EVE configs for the stock planets, can you be sure to provide that as a separate package so that players can mix-and-match however they want? EVE allows multiple overlapping configs for the one planet, but usually it looks pretty bad if you do that (too many clouds, inconsistent city lights).

Yeah this is what I was planning on doing.

I want to extend this mod with more star systems, I've made 8 systems, with a ninth on the way. Here they are.

Corgis-1061(Wolf-1061)-So far the closest Star to Kerbol I have. All three planets have atmospheres.

Weshel-b

Pemerb-c

Naktis-b

Koss-128(Ross-128) Huh go figure.

Koss-128b

Kinda lazy with this one.

Heiken-1(Trappist-1) In dev, still working on 1d

Ugniai

Silta

Viduryje

Demes

Asilas

Ledes

Kophiu-1214(GJ-1214)

Vandepes

K7 Poodus Kerbalis

Khong

Kaphae

Taow

Pavok(HD 181433)

In Dev.

Tych-102(Kepler-102)

Aljah

Casutuc

Athna

Lyre

Perces

Aurigia(Wasp-12)

Laiko

-Gelezis

Terkes-36(Kepler-36)

Trarus

Brauw

1 hour ago, F.Naktis said:

I could send you one or two systems

Perhaps you could pm me about this?

5 minutes ago, nismobg said:

AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures  your planet pack is amazing ! Please keep up the good work !

Thanks!

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

Just me again, was tweaking my setup. Did an install of Final Frontiers and noticed a few things of issue.

Ribbons issues.

Spoiler

Two copies of CelestialBodies in the location below. Both are Identical.
GameData\Extrasolar
GameData\Extrasolar\Ribbons\Deemo
I deleted the one in the Deemo folder.

Celestial Bodies Contain these bodies that dont exist.

Semth
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon path  = Extrasolar/Ribbons
     ribbon group  = Semth
     base prestige = 5022
   }
}
Vedre
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Vedra
     base prestige = 5012
   }
}

Celestial Bodies missing are Kuprus and Pael

The Ribbons folder has Vedre and Semth. But does not contain any for Kuprus or Pael

I sorta Cheated and renamed Semth -> Kuprus, Vedra -> Pael

Kuprus
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Kuprus
     base prestige = 5022
   }
}

Pael
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Pael
     base prestige = 5012
   }
}
Then did the same with the folders in GameData\Extrasolar\Ribbons.

Errors from Logfile, shortened to fit.

FF: cannot find image file 'GameData\Extrasolar/Ribbons/Javine/DeepAtmosphere.png'
FF: cannot find image file 'GameData\Extrasolar/Ribbons/Lomina/DeepAtmosphere.png'
FF: cannot find image file 'GameData\Extrasolar/Ribbons/Valentine/DeepAtmosphere.png'
FF: cannot find image file 'GameData\Extrasolar/Ribbons/Fust/Atmosphere.png'

I do get these errors, there is a "Deep Atmosphere.png" in each of these folders, so I removed the space and they now load fine for me.

The Fust one, I will just need to copy another one and tweak it to look similar.

I did have an issue with another part of the planet configs that took sometime for me to sort out. But at the end of it, I found the issue and this would fix it.

Spoiler

I would recommend adding this to all your planet configs. Not all of it, just the cacheFile = Extrasolar/Cache/Fust.bin  with the appropriate planet name. I was just giving an example to refer too. You would all need to place a Cache folder but I think it gets auto-generated if not.

Body
    {
        name = Fust

cacheFile = Extrasolar/Cache/Fust.bin        

Template
        {
            name = Laythe
            removeAllPQSMods = True

That way, when someone has the crazy idea to uninstall Extrasolar. It will take the .bin files Cache with it, instead of being left in GameData/Kopernicus/Cache by default. Which may cause issues and leave stray files from an install.

9 hours ago, Barar said:

Just me again, was tweaking my setup. Did an install of Final Frontiers and noticed a few things of issue.

Ribbons issues.

Reveal hidden contents

GameData\Extrasolar

Semth
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Semth
     base prestige = 5022
   }
}
Vedre
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Vedra
     base prestige = 5012
   }
}

The Ribbons folder has Vedre and Semth. But does not contain any for Kuprus or Pael

Kuprus
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Kuprus
     base prestige = 5022
   }
}

Pael
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Pael
     base prestige = 5012
   }
}

FF: cannot find image file 'GameData\Extrasolar/Ribbons/Javine/DeepAtmosphere.png'
FF: cannot find image file 'GameData\Extrasolar/Ribbons/Lomina/DeepAtmosphere.png'
FF: cannot find image file 'GameData\Extrasolar/Ribbons/Valentine/DeepAtmosphere.png'

I do get these errors, there is a "Deep Atmosphere.png" in each of these folders, so I removed the space and they now load fine for me.

The Fust one, I will just need to copy another one and tweak it to look similar.

I did have an issue with another part of the planet configs that took sometime for me to sort out. But at the end of it, I found the issue and this would fix it.

Reveal hidden contents

I would recommend adding this to all your planet configs. Not all of it, just the cacheFile = Extrasolar/Cache/Fust.bin  with the appropriate planet name. I was just giving an example to refer too. You would all need to place a Cache folder but I think it gets auto-generated if not.

Body
    {
        name = Fust

Template
        {
            name = Laythe
            removeAllPQSMods = True

That way, when someone has the crazy idea to uninstall Extrasolar. It will take the .bin files Cache with it, instead of being left in GameData/Kopernicus/Cache by default. Which may cause issues and leave stray files from an install.

send me your mod, I am actively searching for a new planet pack to send interstellar ships to, because I just wanna have a reason to send kerbals into the darkness, with kerbalism and NO DEEP FREEZE! :D 

10 hours ago, Barar said:

Ribbons issues.

Reveal hidden contents

GameData\Extrasolar

Semth
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Semth
     base prestige = 5022
   }
}
Vedre
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Vedra
     base prestige = 5012
   }
}

Kuprus
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Kuprus
     base prestige = 5022
   }
}

Pael
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Pael
     base prestige = 5012
   }
}

Reveal hidden contents

Body
    {
        name = Fust

Template
        {
            name = Laythe
            removeAllPQSMods = True

Someone else had actually created the Final Frontier stuff for me, and I assumed that there weren't any issues with it (he tested it several times and it worked). Looks like both him and I missed that extra celestialbodies file. It included bodies that don't exist because it was made back when Semth and Vedre were in Extrasolar. They no longer are. As for the cache file thing, that was something I've been planning on doing that I never got around to. Thanks for reminding me.

28 minutes ago, hanhan658 said:

https://imgur.com/DEkucr3

https://imgur.com/zVBbTNB

https://imgur.com/91znvTO

Yeah, the pictures above basically explains the issue. And by the way, scatterer and sunflare is working fine in the stock system, and no, nothing is installed from CKAN.

Read back a few pages. @Barar provided a temporary fix so that SVE works with Extrasolar.

5 hours ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Someone else had actually created the Final Frontier stuff for me, and I assumed that there weren't any issues with it (he tested it several times and it worked). Looks like both him and I missed that extra celestialbodies file. It included bodies that don't exist because it was made back when Semth and Vedre were in Extrasolar. They no longer are. As for the cache file thing, that was something I've been planning on doing that I never got around to. Thanks for reminding me.

No worries, I hope the next update will have a lot of the changes. Just wanted to stamp out any issues as I see them and help.

On 4/21/2018 at 6:30 AM, Barar said:

Ribbons issues.

Reveal hidden contents

GameData\Extrasolar

Semth
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Semth
     base prestige = 5022
   }
}
Vedre
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Vedra
     base prestige = 5012
   }
}

Kuprus
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Kuprus
     base prestige = 5022
   }
}

Pael
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Pael
     base prestige = 5012
   }
}

Reveal hidden contents

Body
    {
        name = Fust

Template
        {
            name = Laythe
            removeAllPQSMods = True

send me your mod, I am actively searching for a new planet pack to send interstellar ships to, because I just wanna have a reason to send kerbals into the darkness, with kerbalism and NO DEEP FREEZE! :D 

How much years does it take to get to valentine using Near future propulsion? Or basic KSPIE engines?