[1.6.0] Extrasolar v1.8.0 [12/21/18]

Andi K.

17 hours ago, Athur Dent said:

You almost already have compabillity with spectra, all you have to do is adapt the after kerbin patches by changing the FOR-nodes so that everything is processed after spectra, else clouds and valentines' sunflare are not showing. I think I adapted three files, I can send them to you on Monday when I am back at my PC.

Thank you! Any bit of help, no matter how small, is appreciated!

On 8/26/2018 at 6:52 PM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Thank you! Any bit of help, no matter how small, is appreciated!

I'm glad I can help, your mod is just too gorgeous to not be used with other top-visual mods.

Link to patch:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/czn52znrr34p754/Extrasolar_EVO_spectra_patch.zip?dl=0

Edited by Athur Dent

Hey, I really liked your planet pack, and loved the visuals; but these are really demanding CPU wise, so I made some visual enhancements for most of the planets, and they are for much less demanding computers and don't require scatterer. If you want I could give you these for you to post or something, so just let me know :)

EDIT: I forgot to mention the creator of the original mod @panzer1b who did most of the work.

Edited by spacecoyote

• 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded and installed this yesterday, and then spent all night using the Mission Builder to put planes on any body with an atmosphere.  I love it!  Thank you for putting in all the hard work. What  a delight and it adds real variety. 

Do you have a spreadsheet like there is for the Galileo pack with the stats of the planets and moons (mass, radius, gravity etc)?  Or is there a wiki somewhere with that information?

xu1sTgN.png

On 9/25/2018 at 3:05 AM, TeslaPenguin1 said:

By the way, why does it say no CKAN installs? I installed with CKAN and it works fine.

Almost certainly because the author doesn't have the time or inclination to support CKAN installs. For the most part I think CKAN does a fine job, but there are many scenarios where CKAN has the potential to cause more harm than good.

I hope this question isn't too dumb, and I did search the thread for some of the terms before asking lol.

Can I install this and use it with an existing save file or does it require a new game completely? I always play career and I really don't want to start over again.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:57 PM, Dr. MANN said:

Hi, please fix terrain on serex

What's the problem you are having with it?

21 hours ago, shifty303 said:

I hope this question isn't too dumb, and I did search the thread for some of the terms before asking lol.

Can I install this and use it with an existing save file or does it require a new game completely? I always play career and I really don't want to start over again.

You might be able to use it with an existing save file, but, in general, you shouldn't try adding new mods into an existing save file. It can sometimes cause issues.

• 2 months later...

Have you ever wanted to get to some of the planets in the Valentine system quicker? Hove ever wanted to start in the Valentine system? Well have I got (half of) a mod for you!  A February Homeworld does just that! Start on Fust and begin your adventure today!

Pros:

• Don't worry about millennia of travel time or ludicrous DeltaV requirements! 
  • All of the valentine system on your doorstep! (relatively speaking)

Cons:

• May not work for career games yet.
  • In its current state it deletes the stock system, but that is set to change!

The only thing that remains to be done is to find a good location for the KSC. I hope to have at least a prerelease out soon, so keep an eye out!

2 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Have you ever wanted to get to some of the planets in the Valentine system quicker? Hove ever wanted to start in the Valentine system? Well have I got (half of) a mod for you!  A February Homeworld does just that! Start on Fust and begin your adventure today!

Pros:

• Don't worry about millennia of travel time or ludicrous DeltaV requirements! 
  • All of the valentine system on your doorstep! (relatively speaking)

Cons:

• May not work for career games yet.
  • In its current state it deletes the stock system, but that is set to change!

The only thing that remains to be done is to find a good location for the KSC. I hope to have at least a prerelease out soon, so keep an eye out!

I like the name :wink:

On 10/3/2018 at 7:27 AM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Fust is the most obvious choice, though Mir is also habitable I guess.

Can confirm, Fust's ocean is very nice, and the air has oxygen. Also, while I'm here, once a working version of Kerbal Joint Reinforcement for 1.5 (or 1.6 since it's well on its way) is released, I have another SSTO I want to send to the Valentine system.

I'm changing the light intensity curves, so the inner planets of the Valentine System will now appear much brighter, and the outer planets of Valentine will appear much dimmer. Here's an example to show you the difference:

7Nsgbem.pngn9KwB06.png

Solyth is clearly a lot brighter than Lomina

Also, here's an improved Heba texture and a slightly terrifying screenshot from orbit around Heba

xYxGJJs.png48YfMPN.png

I've also slightly changed Kuprus' texture:

ePL1srn.png

I'm also working on making Extrasolar compatible with more visual enhancement mods

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

Any quick fix I can apply? Now I am not able to play outside of kerbin soi :P

I have no idea about ksp moding but I have found that valentine soi is > than semiMajorAxis of valentine.

sphereOfInfluence = 1.122E+13

semiMajorAxis = 3.387913025024E+12

maybe this is my issue?

-----------------------

EDIT:

ok I have reduced SOI of valentine and problem is fixed.(I changed it to 1,122*1012

-----------------------

EDIT2:

There is also issue with reputation value for each planet, it is set too low(around level of eve)

I changed them to:

Spoiler

Deemo
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon path  = Extrasolar/Ribbons
     ribbon group  = Deemo
     base prestige = 9000
   }
}

Fust
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Fust
     base prestige = 9100
   }
}

Heba
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Heba
     base prestige = 9200
   }
}

Javine
{
   gas giant = true
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Javine
     base prestige = 9300
   }
}

Lomina
{
   gas giant = true
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Lomina
     base prestige = 9300
   }
}

Maol
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Maol
     base prestige = 9400
   }
}

Mir
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Mir
     base prestige = 9400
   }
}

Serex
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Serex
     base prestige = 9400
   }
}

Solyth
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Solyth
     base prestige = 9500
   }
}

Ucella
{
   gas giant = false
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Ucella
     base prestige = 9500
   }
}

Valentine
{
   gas giant = true
   FinalFrontier
   {
     ribbon group  = Valentine
     base prestige = 8500
   }
}

for now

Edited by Leouch

Hi Andrew

I had an idea for a planet orbiting in the far reaches of the valentine system named (Prodi). It’s a metallic world with a big atmosphere and storms. it’s also quite large it’s 2.3 times the size of kerbin. It has three moons, (Ciphon)- a Yellow rocky world orbiting close to prodi, it’s similar to Io. The second moon (Tecara) is a icey world small and full of geysers, being simmilar to Enceladus. Finally the third and Largest moon (Pheleo) is a large moon with many craters and canyons. 

-GeckoNova

Edited by GeckoNova

1 hour ago, GeckoNova said:

Hi Andrew

I had an idea for a planet orbiting in the far reaches of the valentine system named (Prodi). It’s a metallic world with a big atmosphere and storms. it’s also quite large it’s 2.3 times the size of kerbin. It has three moons, (Ciphon)- a Yellow rocky world orbiting close to prodi, it’s similar to Io. The second moon (Tecara) is a icey world small and full of geysers, being simmilar to Enceladus. Finally the third and Largest moon (Pheleo) is a large moon with many craters and canyons. 

-GeckoNova

No new objects are going to be added into Extrasolar.