AndrewDraws

[1.6.0] Extrasolar v1.8.0 [12/21/18]

Recommended Posts

Just now, adsii1970 said:

Hmmm, I can get it to find the location of Valentine, but I don't get an image of Valentine. Do you have any suggestions?

Ah I guess the TST telescopes don't have a strong enough magnification then right? That's is what I'll have to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Ah I guess the TST telescopes don't have a strong enough magnification then right? That's is what I'll have to change.

If Valentine is large enough to be seen from Kerbin with the naked eye, I thought it would be a "sure thing" to be able to see it with TST's telescopes... but it doesn't. As I have said, I can get the telescope to point in the right direction. But there is no image... I wouldn't expect any of the planets to be visible, which made me wonder if there's some thing, some component, I am missing. I could be wrong... and often am... :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, adsii1970 said:

If Valentine is large enough to be seen from Kerbin with the naked eye, I thought it would be a "sure thing" to be able to see it with TST's telescopes... but it doesn't. As I have said, I can get the telescope to point in the right direction. But there is no image... I wouldn't expect any of the planets to be visible, which made me wonder if there's some thing, some component, I am missing. I could be wrong... and often am... :wink:

It doesn't looks like you need to add anything extra. Do you have scatterer installed? Maybe you are only able to see it with the naked eye because of Valentine's sun flare, and TST telescopes simply don't show sun flares through them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

It doesn't looks like you need to add anything extra. Do you have scatterer installed? Maybe you are only able to see it with the naked eye because of Valentine's sun flare, and TST telescopes simply don't show sun flares through them?

Here's an image of what is seen from Kerbin's surface:

Spoiler

CuxLtjl.png

Something appearing that large in the daytime sky should have some sort of image in a space-based telescope. I didn't think to take a picture of what TST showed, but it is just empty space.

And yes, I do have scatterer installed... but am not sure why that would affect it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, adsii1970 said:

Here's an image of what is seen from Kerbin's surface:

  Hide contents

CuxLtjl.png

Something appearing that large in the daytime sky should have some sort of image in a space-based telescope. I didn't think to take a picture of what TST showed, but it is just empty space.

And yes, I do have scatterer installed... but am not sure why that would affect it...

Show me your GameData folder. I presume you are using the latest version of Extrasolar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Show me your GameData folder. I presume you are using the latest version of Extrasolar?

Hehehe... sounds like a line from when... never mind, don't need to go there... :D

Spoiler

SneP7Tx.png

TEBDhZ0.png

As you can see, I have included OPM's folder contents screenshot. I wonder if it is the "OPM_ResearhBodies.cfg that makes it work with TST? I can't do it right now, but I bet some tinkering might...

Anyhow, I am still running 1.2.2 for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, adsii1970 said:

Hehehe... sounds like a line from when... never mind, don't need to go there... :D

  Reveal hidden contents

SneP7Tx.png

TEBDhZ0.png

As you can see, I have included OPM's folder contents screenshot. I wonder if it is the "OPM_ResearhBodies.cfg that makes it work with TST? I can't do it right now, but I bet some tinkering might...

Anyhow, I am still running 1.2.2 for now.

Well given that you have scatterer and EVE installed, why don't you use the visual enhancements for Extrasolar? They should make the sun flare less ridiculously large. Either way, though, it seems like a problem of the amount of zoom the telescopes can do (I think). The ResearchBodies config wouldn't have to do with it because to my knowledge TST doesn't require ResearchBodies. Go into the part config of one of the telescopes and increase the "maxZoom" value to something like 20 in notepad. Come back to me and tell me if that works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a visual enhancement part of your mod?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this mod is awesome. to bad that Valentine is soooooo far

Edited by KerbolExplorer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, KerbolExplorer said:

this mod is awesome. to bad that Valentine is soooooo far

I will make is closer eventually. In the meantime, you can edit Valentine's semi-major axis in it's config file using something like notepad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reporting one minor problem with this in career mode, it starts giving valentine contracts WAY to soon.. i got valentine contracts before i even did a minmus landing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gernsey said:

Reporting one minor problem with this in career mode, it starts giving valentine contracts WAY to soon.. i got valentine contracts before i even did a minmus landing.

Yeah I've been trying to figure out how to manipulate contracts. I'll ask around and see if anyone knows how to do this. @StarCrusher96?

In the mean time, I guess just don't do the contracts and only accept them once you can actually get there. It does mean that your available contracts will be clogged up with contracts you can do, but that is the best solution I have at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Yeah I've been trying to figure out how to manipulate contracts. I'll ask around and see if anyone knows how to do this. @StarCrusher96?

In the mean time, I guess just don't do the contracts and only accept them once you can actually get there. It does mean that your available contracts will be clogged up with contracts you can do, but that is the best solution I have at the moment.

Remove flightGlobalsIndex from the cfgs. It will break saves but any future career will work fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Remove flightGlobalsIndex from the cfgs. It will break saves but any future career will work fine.

I can probably whip together a config file that people can throw in if they want to use an updated version of Extrasolar on a current save. Is there a particular reason why flightGlobalsIndex influences contracts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah GPP does the same thing. I made an mm cfg that give bodies the FGI they had before so people can continue their career. We called it career saver :) 

24 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

I can probably whip together a config file that people can throw in if they want to use an updated version of Extrasolar on a current save. Is there a particular reason why flightGlobalsIndex influences contracts?

The FGI is basically a road map of sorts for contracts and a way to keep ship orbits persistent between updates.  I don't fully understand the logic behind it, but merely putting your bodies in order is not the correct way to do it apparently (that would make too much sense). The fix though is to remove them and let kopernicus/ksp set the FGI for you. This definitely fixes contracts and their order.

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

@Galileo Well, while you are here, what are your first impressions of that "Realistic(ish) Stock Planet Overhaul" mod that I'm creating? You seem like a good person to get feedback from.

I don't mind negative feedback :P

Ah! I hadn't seen that until now. Looks great. Love the new homeworld and I particularly love the planet entirely covered by an ocean. I always wanted to do that with GPP but I couldn't find a place for it and I was afraid people would find it boring. I had some cool ideas I wanted to try for it. Maybe one day. 

The only bit of criticism I have is for the gas giant. I know you are going for realism but I feel it needs more contrast on its texture to make the bands pop a little more and make it a little more interesting. It's a really good start so far though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Ah! I hadn't seen that until now. Looks great. Love the new homeworld and I particularly love the planet entirely covered by an ocean. I always wanted to do that with GPP but I couldn't find a place for it and I was afraid people would find it boring. I had some cool ideas I wanted to try for it. Maybe one day. 

The only bit of criticism I have is for the gas giant. I know you are going for realism but I feel it needs more contrast on its texture to make the bands pop a little more and make it a little more interesting. It's a really good start so far though!

Alright thanks. I think I'll pump up the saturation on it a little as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Alright thanks. I think I'll pump up the saturation on it a little as well.

Yeah I meant to say that as well! I think that would make it look awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, 

Not sure if this is something that can be fixed by the mod author, but solar panels are doing weird things. They seem to prefer rotating towards Valentine instead of the Sun, despite the fact the Sun is far closer? (This is while in keostationary orbit around Kerbin). Is there any way to change solar panels' priority of star choice? 

 

EDIT: Should probably mention this is in KSP 1.3 with the latest version of Extrasolar 

Edited by xXshadowXx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xXshadowXx said:

Hi, 

Not sure if this is something that can be fixed by the mod author, but solar panels are doing weird things. They seem to prefer rotating towards Valentine instead of the Sun, despite the fact the Sun is far closer? (This is while in keostationary orbit around Kerbin). Is there any way to change solar panels' priority of star choice? 

 

EDIT: Should probably mention this is in KSP 1.3 with the latest version of Extrasolar 

Do you have any other mods installed? Are you using the latest version of Kopernicus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Do you have any other mods installed? Are you using the latest version of Kopernicus?

I have many other mods installed haha, at least 100, I don't think any of them affect stock solar panel behaviour? I'll test it with just extrasolar (and required mods) when I get back home and see if the behaviour continues. 

And yes, latest version of kopernicus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Do you have any other mods installed? Are you using the latest version of Kopernicus?

Okay, tested it with just Extrasolar and kopernicus (with some aesthetic mods, EVE etc.). Same behavior continues. The panels point towards Valentine even when Valentine is blocked by Kerbin and the Sun is in full view. Any suggestions?

Oh, also the current issue is with the stock 1x6 extendable solar panels, not sure about the others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xXshadowXx said:

Okay, tested it with just Extrasolar and kopernicus (with some aesthetic mods, EVE etc.). Same behavior continues. The panels point towards Valentine even when Valentine is blocked by Kerbin and the Sun is in full view. Any suggestions?

Oh, also the current issue is with the stock 1x6 extendable solar panels, not sure about the others.

Okay I'll see if I can recreate what you are talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.