AndrewDraws

[1.6.0] Extrasolar v1.8.0 [12/21/18]

Recommended Posts

On 2/4/2019 at 7:55 PM, BBM said:

I am having difficulty with Maol.  When I get an encounter, I am not seeing the usual predicted flyby trajectory where I would usually put a maneuver node to get into orbit.  When I enter the SOI, I end up on a collision course with minimal time for maneuver.  I have tried this several times.

I am running 1.6.1 (with a lot of mods) and I've had no issues with the other moons of Lomila I have tried so far.  

Any suggestions?  Thanks for the great mod.

That is probably because Maol's SOI is extremely small.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2019 at 6:20 AM, Shad_The_Knight said:

I am getting no clouds on any planet whatsoever. Does it not work with GPP?

Same issue here, also running GPP / GEP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2019 at 3:08 AM, CoriW said:

Same issue here, also running GPP / GEP.

I had this same issue, and at least for me, the solution was pretty simple. I had originally downloaded this on Spacedock, but Spacedock appears to only include the core files, and not the visuals. Use the Github link for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

would be nice to have an compatibilty to Principia ;)

[as for OPM it is an patch available - but not for Extrasolor - so it is not flawless possible to run both Planet mods with Principia ...]

 

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 1/19/2019 at 6:20 AM, Shad_The_Knight said:

I am getting no clouds on any planet whatsoever. Does it not work with GPP?

 

On 3/3/2019 at 3:08 AM, CoriW said:

Same issue here, also running GPP / GEP.

 

Alright so I did some testing and found that EVE seems to be throwing exceptions when attempting to load both GPP and Extrasolar. EVE loads up fine when only using one of these mods, but not both.

Here's the output log. https://www.dropbox.com/s/daroon81u7agtry/EVENullRef_GPP_Extrasolar.zip?dl=1

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures Just wondering if there would be anything you could do to fix this or if it's more of an EVE issue?

This is the only planet pack I've had this issue with running alongside GPP, could it be something to do with one of the Extrasolar configs?

EDIT: Fiddled with the configs myself to see what could be done.. Long story short it took me about 20 minutes to figure out a solution, I've successfully gotten GPP and Extrasolar to load together with clouds on all relevant planets.

 

Edited by CoriW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 6:13 AM, R-TEAM said:

Hi,

 

would be nice to have an compatibilty to Principia ;)

[as for OPM it is an patch available - but not for Extrasolor - so it is not flawless possible to run both Planet mods with Principia ...]

 

Regards

I’m not much of a modder but I do have a n-body gravitation simulator program lying around, so I could try to simulate the valentine system at some point and see what can be done. As far as I can tell there’s only one issue, one of the moons is eaten by its parent planet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CoriW said:

 

 

Alright so I did some testing and found that EVE seems to be throwing exceptions when attempting to load both GPP and Extrasolar. EVE loads up fine when only using one of these mods, but not both.

Here's the output log. https://www.dropbox.com/s/daroon81u7agtry/EVENullRef_GPP_Extrasolar.zip?dl=1

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures Just wondering if there would be anything you could do to fix this or if it's more of an EVE issue?

This is the only planet pack I've had this issue with running alongside GPP, could it be something to do with one of the Extrasolar configs?

EDIT: Fiddled with the configs myself to see what could be done.. Long story short it took me about 20 minutes to figure out a solution, I've successfully gotten GPP and Extrasolar to load together with clouds on all relevant planets.

 

Oddly enough, I installed OPM, GPP (with the GEP expansion), Extrasolar, EVE, and Scatterer last night.  Still working on getting the rest of my mod list installed, but I started with the planet packs to see if I could get them to play nicely.

First time running with all packs in, I also noticed a lack of clouds with Extrasolar.  However, everything seemed to be functional past that.  Everything was in orbit where I would have expected, and spot-checking the various planets gave no additional errors.  (Nothing showing up pure white, though Jool and Eve have a lot more white clouds than I anticipated.  Still working on that one.)

I can't remember when, exactly, in the process it occurred to me, but I decided to check the Github download page as well as Spacedock.  On Github, I noticed there were downloads for Extrasolar Visuals.  Grabbed one, installed it, and the next time I loaded it the game up I had functional clouds on Extrasolar's worlds.  (Jool also seemed more green.  Again, still working on that.)

Still, if you find you don't have an Extrasolar_Visuals folder in your GameData, that might be something to check.

Quick Note: I made no modifications to any of the files.  I just downloaded, unzipped, and copied over to my KSP GameData folder.  (I tweaked one setting in Distant Object Enhancement, but nothing related to the planet packs.)

I hope this helps someone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, RobFalcon said:

Oddly enough, I installed OPM, GPP (with the GEP expansion), Extrasolar, EVE, and Scatterer last night.  Still working on getting the rest of my mod list installed, but I started with the planet packs to see if I could get them to play nicely.

First time running with all packs in, I also noticed a lack of clouds with Extrasolar.  However, everything seemed to be functional past that.  Everything was in orbit where I would have expected, and spot-checking the various planets gave no additional errors.  (Nothing showing up pure white, though Jool and Eve have a lot more white clouds than I anticipated.  Still working on that one.)

I can't remember when, exactly, in the process it occurred to me, but I decided to check the Github download page as well as Spacedock.  On Github, I noticed there were downloads for Extrasolar Visuals.  Grabbed one, installed it, and the next time I loaded it the game up I had functional clouds on Extrasolar's worlds.  (Jool also seemed more green.  Again, still working on that.)

Still, if you find you don't have an Extrasolar_Visuals folder in your GameData, that might be something to check.

Quick Note: I made no modifications to any of the files.  I just downloaded, unzipped, and copied over to my KSP GameData folder.  (I tweaked one setting in Distant Object Enhancement, but nothing related to the planet packs.)

I hope this helps someone!

I had downloaded the Extrasolar_Visuals, however still did not have any clouds. What I had found was happening in my game was that the Extrasolar Configs appeared to be trying to override the GPP configs and also modify the stock bodies (which didnt exist) which appeared to be causing the PQS Manager and EVE Cloud Renderer to throw NullReferenceExceptions. The solution was fairly straight forward. I deleted all of the files relating to AK and SVE as I dont use either of those, as well as all of the atmosphere configs as I use Scatterer which overrides those anyways. After that I removed the sections of the pqs and clouds configs that were attempting to modify bodies other than the bodies which extrasolar adds, while also specifying that Extrasolar configs only edit the PQS_MANAGER and EVE_CLOUDS nodes instead of trying to override them completely (Simply added @ infront of them). Lastly I went into the Scatterer configs (once again I deleted the files relating to AK and SVE and then changed the line "sunflares" to "@sunflares" while also removing the line "Item = Sun" which doing so appeared to fix some compatibility issues I was having with GPP and Extrasolar sunflares seeming to conflict.

EDIT: If anyone is interested, here are the modifications I made to the configs, aside from of course as I stated deleting all files which had to do with atmospheres, as well as all compatibility patches with AK and SVE

Download (Note: this download does not contain any textures or anything of that kind, only 3 modified cfg files.)

Edited by CoriW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread has been locked at the request of the OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.