AndrewDraws

[1.6.0] Extrasolar v1.8.0 [12/21/18]

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, ChrisJGames said:

Hey, Is there a chance of an update to support 1.1?

Firstly, you can no longer ask that question because of an update to the forum rules.

Secondly, This mod requires Kopernicus, which will update after an official KSP 1.1 release.

Edited by Andem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChrisJGames said:

okay sorry, I forgot  but kopernicus has been updated btw.

It has? Awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we might have another star sytem in 1.1 and still not have the game spontaneously crash with other mods!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are my suggestions for the mod:

Faint dust rings around Fust.

2 Moons of Fust

1 Moon shepherding Fust's rings

1 Other moon the size of the Mun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2016 at 6:32 PM, saturnsrings said:

These are my suggestions for the mod:

Faint dust rings around Fust.

2 Moons of Fust

1 Moon shepherding Fust's rings

1 Other moon the size of the Mun

Thers a suggestion/Development thread linked in the OP...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK - 

I've been trying to get this working in 1.1

When I install it, I don't get the KSC on load, just the skybox.  Interestingly enough - if I move ValentineSystem out of the Extrasolar folder and up a level it loads, but you only get the star, Heba, and Lomina, with no moons.

 

A quick perusal of the Kopernicus thread makes me think there needs to be some tweaking of the CFG files, I'm poking at them, but this is new to me so it may take a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys. I just checked to see how Extrasolar works with KSP 1.1. Its seems to be working perfectly on both 64 bit and 32 bit. I'm going to release a small update today. Sorry I haven't been updating this mod as much as I have in the past. I've just kind of losing some motivation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nansuchao said:

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures, great job on this mod, it's really stunning, congratulations!!!

 

As a suggestion, I dream to see in KSP a planet like Coruscant, I don't know how doable it will be.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/1/16/Coruscant-EotE.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130908205521

Thanks a bunch! It's comments like these the get me motivated to keep updating my mods.

I might be able to create a coruscant-like planet. I could even create a specular map to make the city lights somewhat shine. However, I am not exactly sure how I would create a city lights texture. I'm still an amateur.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Thanks a bunch! It's comments like these the get me motivated to keep updating my mods.

I might be able to create a coruscant-like planet. I could even create a specular map to make the city lights somewhat shine. However, I am not exactly sure how I would create a city lights texture. I'm still an amateur.

I tried to create something much easier with Eve and I found many bits of info here and there, but I didn't tried to mess with city lights, so I don't know, just the spirit of @rbray89 can solve the mistery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I noticed i was getting a Cloud Manager load error when using EVE with this mod.

I removed the mod and the EVE cloud manager worked fine and was able to load mods everywhere else.

It seemed to be a problem with the clouds for the planet Solyth.

Any thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have people try running this with Outer Planet Mods? Do they play well together?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mtpatane said:

Hey I noticed i was getting a Cloud Manager load error when using EVE with this mod.

I removed the mod and the EVE cloud manager worked fine and was able to load mods everywhere else.

It seemed to be a problem with the clouds for the planet Solyth.

Any thoughts?

Oh yeah I completely forgot that EVE updated. Probably has something to do with that. I'll check it out.

4 hours ago, samwisee said:

Have people try running this with Outer Planet Mods? Do they play well together?

I haven't actually tried it out but there is no reason they shouldn't work together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Oh yeah I completely forgot that EVE updated. Probably has something to do with that. I'll check it out.

I haven't actually tried it out but there is no reason they shouldn't work together.

Awesome!

Yea I forgot to save the KSP log, but I'm sure it was Solyth. 

Basically when EVE cloud manager loads it runs into an issue with that planet and then no clouds show up anywhere.

Looking forward to the fix!  I'm really excited to use this mod with a new career mode start!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dose this work whith Xen's Planet Collection?

It would be awsome to have more close to kerbin planets as well as a new system.

If this is not compatibal, could you try to work on making it ompatable whith this planet pack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, debitfett said:

Dose this work whith Xen's Planet Collection?

It would be awsome to have more close to kerbin planets as well as a new system.

If this is not compatibal, could you try to work on making it ompatable whith this planet pack.

Should work just fine with Xen's Planet Collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been reading these forums for ages, first time commenting....and I like this mod.  

A place to travel to and plant colonies without using cheaty FTL? Challenge accepted!  

Seems a shame to travel that far and not stay for a while :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I remember that there were some cloud packs/visual enhancement mods to this pack for 1.0.5, are they still availabl/working? You included links back then. Great work btw :)

Edited by quarrion
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, quarrion said:

Hello, I remember that there were some cloud packs/visual enhancement mods to this pack for 1.0.5, are they still availabl/working? You included links back then. Great work btw :)

I incorporated the visual enhancements mod into this mod. If you have EVE installed, there will be clouds on all of the atmospheric planets. Thanks for the compliments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, quarrion said:

Is EVE from SVE compatible?

I'm not sure. I haven't tried but I doubt it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

I incorporated the visual enhancements mod into this mod. If you have EVE installed, there will be clouds on all of the atmospheric planets. Thanks for the compliments.

I'm not sure that the Eve clouds work. 

Like I mentioned in a post above there was a conflict with Eve cloud manager for the solyth cloud config. 

Were you able to replicate the issue? 

Might just need a re-spin of the config against and updated version of EVE 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.