AndrewDraws

[1.6.0] Extrasolar v1.8.0 [12/21/18]

Recommended Posts

On 1/19/2017 at 1:47 AM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

I kind of feel guilty for discontinuing this mod, and because this is the most popular mod I've ever created, I think I'm going to bring this mod from the dead. Next update will probably be a texture update and updating the EVE configs. This mod is discontinued no more!

Yay for a star system that is 1 light-year away! (even in non-RSS, it's still 1 light-year)

Speaking for the video to the Valentine system...it's not surprising that kerbals never ages any slight different after 750 000 years. Even Gene and Wernher is still working on KSC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anbang11 said:

Yay for a star system that is 1 light-year away! (even in non-RSS, it's still 1 light-year)

Speaking for the video to the Valentine system...it's not surprising that kerbals never ages any slight different after 750 000 years. Even Gene and Wernher is still working on KSC.

I think you've forgotten that Wernher and Gene do not have physical entities. They are merely souls that exits at all points in time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, one might experience the KSC messed up when you go back in KSC from a very far distance from Kerbin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Anbang11 said:

Oh, one might experience the KSC messed up when you go back in KSC from a very far distance from Kerbin.

if you enter and then exit the tracking station, the problem is solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures !

First off, I gotta tell you, wonderful mod. Like really amazing. You seem to have this particular knack of making planet and star packs so brilliant (like this and constellations), hats off.

I just wanna ask, can i use this mod in KSP 1.2.2 with the current version of EVE by any chance? I need the clouds because I wanna make a series of videos and hopefully, one day, a machinima with this particular mod. If no I'll wait patiently without bugging you too much. I understand this kind of work must require a lot of time, effort and collaboration, and I sincerely appreciate the efforts you have undertaken to making KSP a more enjoyable experience (not saying that it isn't already)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rushiil said:

Hey @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures !

First off, I gotta tell you, wonderful mod. Like really amazing. You seem to have this particular knack of making planet and star packs so brilliant (like this and constellations), hats off.

I just wanna ask, can i use this mod in KSP 1.2.2 with the current version of EVE by any chance? I need the clouds because I wanna make a series of videos and hopefully, one day, a machinima with this particular mod. If no I'll wait patiently without bugging you too much. I understand this kind of work must require a lot of time, effort and collaboration, and I sincerely appreciate the efforts you have undertaken to making KSP a more enjoyable experience (not saying that it isn't already)

it works; you just have to change the particle texture in the EVE configs of extrasolar from  _Textop

                                                                                                                                                _Texleft

                                                                                                                                                _Texright  

                                                                                                                                ( to just     _Tex = BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/particle/rgb )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nihilinius said:

it works; you just have to change the particle texture in the EVE configs of extrasolar from  _Textop

                                                                                                                                                _Texleft

                                                                                                                                                _Texright  

                                                                                                                                ( to just     _Tex = BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/particle/rgb )

Thanks a lot mate. You're a lifesaver. I was almost gonna uninstall the mod till it was updated. :-D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very glad to hear this mod is being continued. I downloaded it only a little while ago, and haven't even had a chance to go explore it yet. However, I noticed that you can see Valentine quite clearly from the Kerbol system, even through Kerbin's atmosphere. Is this a known and/or intended thing? I am using a number of other mods, including Scatterer and EVE, but I've tested and it doesn't appear to be caused by them.

EXYUCl2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rushiil said:

Hey @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures !

First off, I gotta tell you, wonderful mod. Like really amazing. You seem to have this particular knack of making planet and star packs so brilliant (like this and constellations), hats off.

I just wanna ask, can i use this mod in KSP 1.2.2 with the current version of EVE by any chance? I need the clouds because I wanna make a series of videos and hopefully, one day, a machinima with this particular mod. If no I'll wait patiently without bugging you too much. I understand this kind of work must require a lot of time, effort and collaboration, and I sincerely appreciate the efforts you have undertaken to making KSP a more enjoyable experience (not saying that it isn't already)

Thanks for the compliments! And thank you @Nihilinius for helping him out with EVE.

14 minutes ago, billybob579 said:

Very glad to hear this mod is being continued. I downloaded it only a little while ago, and haven't even had a chance to go explore it yet. However, I noticed that you can see Valentine quite clearly from the Kerbol system, even through Kerbin's atmosphere. Is this a known and/or intended thing? I am using a number of other mods, including Scatterer and EVE, but I've tested and it doesn't appear to be caused by them.

EXYUCl2.jpg

Being able to see Valentine from Kerbin is a known issue but not intended. Will be fixed in the next update, which will likely come within a week or two (scatterer configs, improved textures, among other things will be added). Some unknown things changed between 1.1.3 and 1.2, and those unknown things somehow caused this issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I have to say, when I started this little mod, Extrasolar, the idea that it would be getting around 50 downloads a day was never something that I thought was feasible. I just thought it would be a little fun to mess around with Kopernicus and maybe make some nice looking planets. With that being said, I'd like to thank @Daeridanii and @The White Guardian who helped me significantly. Daeridanii was very involved, always giving his creative ideas for planets while The White Guardian helped me extensively with Kopernicus and PQS mods.

Since the last update, I have gained many new skills in planet making, and I hope I can improve this mod much more, as there is still a lot of loose ends and areas for improvement.

Likely Features in The Next Update:

-Scatterer support

-Improved textures

-PQS improvements

-Better EVE clouds

Can't wait to get this update rolling!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FreeThinker said:

Ok, so this mod is revived and can function without RSS? cool!

Yup. Going to give Constellations a rest for a little and work on this for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Yup. Going to give Constellations a rest for a little and work on this for a while.

Ok great, then I will add it to the KSPI-E recommended star galaxy list. This galaxy is a great option for people that wish to extend they stock campaign into an interstellar campaign. This is what KSP Interstellar Extended is made for

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE FOR EXTRASOLAR (January 26, 2017)

Extrasolar is back from the dead! And with this update, comes some positive, but also some negative changes. Let's start on the negative. I've removed the moons Hauna and Vedre. They will be re-added at a later date, but for now, they are gone. Now for the position news: SCATTERER! Scatterer really just makes the game look beautiful and I am so happy that I've been able to add compatibility between it and Extrasolar. Here is the list of changes:

  • Scatterer support!
  • EVE update
  • Texture overhaul
  • Removed Hauna and Vedre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the download from Spacedock the realistic or stock scale? What's in the optional folder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dlrk said:

Is the download from Spacedock the realistic or stock scale? What's in the optional folder?

Realistic scale has been removed. It was just too much trouble making two copies of the mod while trying to make them both work properly. The optional folder contains the visual enhancements. I forgot to change the installation instructions, so I'll do that right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2017 at 3:26 PM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Working some more with scatterer and EVE

Heg7LoJ.png

8kqVVM3.png

n8GNMIg.png

mf7EQsr.png

Those look great!  They will destroy my laptop, but they look great!!!!

Downloading NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by smotheredrun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, smotheredrun said:

Those look great!  They will destroy my laptop, but they look great!!!!

Downloading NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! You could try disabling EVE volumetrics to get a little bit of a performance boost. I'm sure you've already tried that, though. I can relate. My computer is on the very edge of being a potato.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I don't even have EVE or Scatterer installed...  Tried that and well....1 frame per second when the camera is pointed towards an atmospheric planet is well.... ugly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, smotheredrun said:

Yeah, I don't even have EVE or Scatterer installed...  Tried that and well....1 frame per second when the camera is pointed towards an atmospheric planet is well.... ugly.

 

What are your specs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinkpad T430

Core i5-3320M CPU @ 2.6GHz

8 GB Ram

Win 7 64

Intel HD Graphics 4000

1696 MB Available Graphics Memory

64 MB Dedicated Video Memory

1632 MB Shared System Memory

 

So, you can see where running some visual mods will eat it alive haha.  

Off topic:I am still hunting for some recording software so that I can record/edit/upload some videos....  Haven't found anything other than FRAPS.... The whole uploading stuff, youtube, and social media (work related) stuff is soooo new to me.  I am still operating on word of mouth and in-house promotion...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.