KSP lagging more than usual.

So a few days ago, KSP started lagging more than usual. For example, I used to be able to fly lag free up to around 300 parts, but now it lags at 200, quite badly. I have NOT changed any settings on my game OR computer, everything is as it was before, yet the performance is worse. A strange thing is that the lag seems to be slightly less when the vessel is on the surface. Any ideas?

3 hours ago, sal_vager said:

Windows 10?  Recent updates?  If so check your graphics driver hasn't been rolled back.

Otherwise please upload your output_log.txt and dxdiag hardware report somewhere for us.

Actually my computer has installed recent updates, but they were all to do with security stuff, so I doubt they affect the game. But anyway, today KSP is running normally again. The problem disappeared just as suddenly as it appeared...

Check if it isn't just the windows update that starts scanning your PC. Its process is called svchost.exe (one of them) and can sometimes used up to 50% of one of the CPU. It can also be RAM consuming, up to 1GB for short period.

This windows update / microsoft update can be sneaky, we never know when it launches. However, it is mainly when windows start, but it can also be out of the blue.

Edited by Benoit Hage

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.