A stock way to determine orbital inclination!

If you have a target selected, you see the relative inclination at the descending/ascending nodes. So just fly from the map view and chase the nodes with the mouse, or you accept that SQUAD only provides the bare minimum of a game (and a lot of plane parts) and install KER.

1 hour ago, cfds said:

If you have a target selected, you see the relative inclination at the descending/ascending nodes.

Yep. As it so happens, the Mun has 0 inclination, so in stock just target it and line up your inclination as best as you can for Keostationary or some such.

Also as it happens, the entire space center is about 1-1.5km south of the equator, which is why all your ships have the tiniest bit of inclination in orbit.

On 1/25/2016 at 3:18 AM, cfds said:

If you have a target selected, you see the relative inclination at the descending/ascending nodes. So just fly from the map view and chase the nodes with the mouse, or you accept that SQUAD only provides the bare minimum of a game (and a lot of plane parts) and install KER.

I already use KER. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing that mods functionality in the game.

On 1/25/2016 at 4:52 AM, FungusForge said:

Yep. As it so happens, the Mun has 0 inclination, so in stock just target it and line up your inclination as best as you can for Keostationary or some such.

Also as it happens, the entire space center is about 1-1.5km south of the equator, which is why all your ships have the tiniest bit of inclination in orbit.

What about places that aren't the Mun?

16 hours ago, HANNIBALLA said:

I already use KER. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing that mods functionality in the game.

KER and KAC are two mods I already consider stock - I won't even glance at KSP 1.1 until those are both updated - the game is simply uninteresting to me without useful information.  I'm not interested in trial and error when my error occurs several years into a Jool mission (KER) and without the ability to actually run a space program (KAC).  Why did Squad even give us the ability to run simultaneous flights with no way of tracking when an unfocused vessel requires attention?

On 1/27/2016 at 0:57 PM, Matt77 said:

KER and KAC are two mods I already consider stock - I won't even glance at KSP 1.1 until those are both updated - the game is simply uninteresting to me without useful information.  I'm not interested in trial and error when my error occurs several years into a Jool mission (KER) and without the ability to actually run a space program (KAC).  Why did Squad even give us the ability to run simultaneous flights with no way of tracking when an unfocused vessel requires attention?

I think that is a fair criticism.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.