Too Many Unknown Objects

I have been facing some issues where my tracking stations (in all my saves, in fact) are finding far too many asteroids. And when I say that, I mean at LEAST 200-500 objects, and has gotten up to 4-didgits at times, and finds them at around 1 every 5 to 15 seconds. It also drops my game to around 5-10 fps when they get up in numbers, making the game nearly unplayable I would like to know if anyone else have suffered form this, and/or if they know how to fix it.

P.S. I haven't been able to track down any specific mod(s) that are causing this, and I also DO NOT have CustomAsteroids installed by the way.

Edited by AlexTheNotSoGreat

Do you have Outer planets mod installed? It introduced that bug in a recent version. You need to get the update for it. 

If it's not that you need to list the mods you have and provide your output log.

Last time I had an issue like this, it was because I had an outdated Kopernicus. Kopernicus also enables the modification of asteroid spawning, and introduced a bug where the game forgot to despawn untracked 'roids. This issue was fixed in the latest version, so updating should fix the issue.

@Torih OPM seems to still be trying to use Custom Asteroids for its moonlets. So I'm pretty certain its Kopernicus, not OPM.

17 hours ago, Torih said:

Do you have Outer planets mod installed? It introduced that bug in a recent version. You need to get the update for it. 

If it's not that you need to list the mods you have and provide your output log.

16 hours ago, FungusForge said:

Last time I had an issue like this, it was because I had an outdated Kopernicus. Kopernicus also enables the modification of asteroid spawning, and introduced a bug where the game forgot to despawn untracked 'roids. This issue was fixed in the latest version, so updating should fix the issue.

@Torih OPM seems to still be trying to use Custom Asteroids for its moonlets. So I'm pretty certain its Kopernicus, not OPM.

You both were correct, I did have outdated korpernicus and OPM, and updating them has removed excess asteroids on my saves. Thanks for the advice!

Edited by AlexTheNotSoGreat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.