The Official Realism Overhaul Craft Repository.

@Karol van Kermin dude, you make very good rockets! I'd even call them practical.

Just now, DrLicor said:

Nice one, but for more beauty, you could hide those engines a bit more. Just with some interstage fairings or something like that

I think the same engines are featured in SSTU. In that case, he can totally use the engine fairings given out with that mod.

1 hour ago, DrLicor said:

Nice one, but for more beauty, you could hide those engines a bit more. Just with some interstage fairings or something like that :) 

Well here you go sir:

dSz35js.jpg

44 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

@Karol van Kermin dude, you make very good rockets! I'd even call them practical.

Thx :D Im having difficulties with communication tho.

Wow, these are some nice looking rockets!

I'm quite new to the whole RO thing, and I'm playing a RP-0 carreer. My current main aim is not efficiency, but size (because you can't land a Kerbal on the Moon and take him home with 20 tonnes in LEO).

This is my take on Apollo hardware:

X67At03.png

It weighs and performs roughly like the real thing and honestly, I'm quite happy with myself :)

I may share some more when I get to later parts of my carreer.

Michal.don

@michal.don I personally hate the F-1 engines but like the J-2 ones. Looks very similiar to the saturn v rocket. I would highly recommend using russian engines, as they are very efficient.

17 minutes ago, michal.don said:

Wow, these are some nice looking rockets!

thx! :)

I wish you best luck on your career :wink: !

Edited by Karol van Kermin

19 minutes ago, Karol van Kermin said:

I would highly recommend using russian engines, as they are very efficient.

Yes, they are more efficient, and I used them plenty on smaller rockets. But they are nowhere near powerfull, and unless I use 30-ish of them on my first stage, I'm not going to space today :)

Saturn/Nova family:

T3MBRtS.jpg

HJ9PlU9.png

Saturn IB:

Gross mass: 602,000 kg

LEO payload: 21,000 kg

Saturn IB Centaur:

Gross mass: 602,000 kg

LEO payload: 21,000 kg

TLI payload: 8,000 kg

Saturn V:

Gross mass: 2 950,000 kg

LEO payload: 125,000 kg

TLI payload: 47,000 kg

Nova C-9 (fictional):

Gross mass: 6 050,000 kg

LEO payload: 268,000 kg

TLI payload: 96,000 kg

Mods used:

Tanks: Procedural Parts

Engines: FASA

Recently started a RP-0 career, in RSS/RO ofcourse :) 

This is the 4th rocket I designed, I called it 'stella', which is means 'star'.  It doesn't reach orbit, however it can reach space to get some experiments done there. Fully reusable for cost saving.

Spoiler

bANhQiK.jpg

75gl0PP.jpg

B3n7fnO.jpg

E8o0ZZW.jpg

After that launch I had enough to create a sputnik R-7 rocket. I have 'enable stock crafts' turned off, so had to recreate everything myself with google as best friend.

Spoiler

Zp90RJw.jpg

2dtX6hB.jpg

qKRzqNQ.jpg

YP2hO7H.jpg

I really love the real life look alike graphics here, especially in those last 2 images.  

Edited by DrLicor

Just finished design of a new Ion bus for my manned trips to Venus and Mars. I had to upgrade its launch vehicle to my Ithaca line, which uses 20m fuel tanks, groups of 9 F-1As on the lower stages, and M-1s on the upper stages. The Ithaca 1 can lift 230 tons to LEO, Ithaca 1-M can lift 320t, and Ithaca 1-H, which uses three of the cores strapped together, can lift a smidgen over 700t. 

zH6HwO1.png

This is Courage in the VAB, solar arrays and radiators extended in all their glory. It has enough ∆v to leave about 200 tons in low mars orbit and get back to LEO in one piece.

ZZwoDdO.png

This is Courage folded up and encased in the support structure that prevents it from wobbling on ascent (I don't want any Iris re-creations).

bFYo64O.png

The fairing had to be kind of big (about as tall as the rest of the launch vehicle).

VvBusFz.png

This is the Ithaca I-Ms' first stage. It uses 8 of the Ariane 5's strap-ons plus 9 F-1As. When I launch this thing (it's gonna take a while to build), I can post a better picture, but this is as far as Hangar Extender will let me zoom out. 

I plan on accompanying Courage with a couple of unmanned Ion tugs to bring along more supplies for a long-duration mission. Their tentative names are Honor and Commitment.

Edited by kimjongspoon

BTW. I'm an idiot.

I just realised I can post two of my rockets via a link from another thread. Don't ask, long story.

1. The Markab 2nd stage, Alpheratz 1st stage, and Sheat orbital manoeuver block

2. The Alkaid 2nd stage, Alioth 1st stage, and AJ60A Booster Assembly

So long!

2 hours ago, Epox75 said:

*snip*

OH MY GAWD that is beautiful!

It's so sleek!

I also see we have content from @winged. I'm honored. glad to see this thread rise. :)

On 03/10/2016 at 0:44 PM, Karol van Kermin said:

Your spacecraft is pretty long and I can imagine it wabbling in flight. You should try increasing the diameter of your spacecraft. I like the name of the spacecraft

I just realised what you were talking about. That spindly thing is not mine, it's a quote from another poster.

@Matuchkin Yeah, you quoted it and I havent seen that :D .

I just love how this thread is rising <3 

2 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

I have a couple questions about the upper stage, but imma ask them later

@DrLicor What mod are you using for these nice graphics?

Edited by Karol van Kermin

On 10/4/2016 at 0:44 AM, Karol van Kermin said:

I proudly present the probably first Eco-friendly rocket in KSP History :P.

The reason, why it is eco-firendly, is, that it is using is LH2 and LOX (Liquid Hydrogen and Liquid Oxygen) as its main fuel. It is using 6 SSME (Space Shuttle Main Engine or Aerojet Rocketdyne RS-25) to get the payload to about 140km and a speed of up to 4km/s. In order to maintain stability, I added very small, but long fins, giving it just enough stability. I also tried to avoid high aerodynamic resistance, which gives it a smooth look. It can carry up to 20 tons to LEO.

Here are some pictures of it. Enjoy it :wink: ! :

EOmzhs0.jpg

Jzki6b3.jpg

MbVmmK6.jpg

8az0yu1.jpg

I hope you like my spacerocket. Thank you!

Your spacecraft is pretty long and I can imagine it wabbling in flight. You should try increasing the diameter of your spacecraft. I like the name of the spacecraft :D .

I don't have RSS/RO installed, since I'm just a newbie, but the thing I've always liked is the fuel with the most Isp ( LOX/LH ) is also environmentally friendly. Just thought of it, but cloud-seeding rockets sounds kinda cool/weird.

My current generation of crewed spacecraft is the Ceres line. I launched the first group of three Kerbals to Nautilus on a Ceres 2B onboard Titan 121

vWDbS8h.png

Titan 121 uses an RS-25 SSME and two large SRBs to power it into orbit. The SRBs each provide about 2200kN of thrust, while the RS-25 provides about 2000kN

PRHI2Ua.png

Titan 121's TWR after booster separation is about 1.16g, and they separate at about 40km.

h1zjNUD.png

This is Titan w/Ceres after LES jettison. The LES has a fairing to protect the parachutes and capsule from the jettison motor exhaust (and it looks cool).

KZ1HwV4.png

Ceres 2B on-orbit. The upper stage of Titan uses a single J-2 engine to put up to 20 tons into orbit. Ceres only weighs 15t, so its a bit overpowered for low-inclination LEO launches. The launcher was designed to be able to put Ceres into retrograde LEOs, or high prograde orbits.

7BnDLTY.png

This is Ceres approaching Nautilus. I used the wrong docking ports on Ceres, so the Kerbals had to EVA to get aboard. Ceres's service module has about 1100km ∆v, so it can insert itself into LLO if it wanted to (no reason it would but its useful to have lots of on-orbit ∆v)

zwC7fQw.png

11 hours ago, DrLicor said:

@michal.don AFAIK there just from FASA, I've seen those images a lot around here

No They're not from FASA. FASA doen't include any procedural textures.

11 hours ago, michal.don said:

Beautiful! :)

May I ask, do you use any specific add-on that adds these Saturn-ish textures? Or are they in the classic RO suite, and I just can't find them? :D

Thanks, 

Michal.don

Mostly from Saturn/Nova Texture pack by Ferram but I am also using many other textures pack: blackheart612, Freedom textures, Main Sailor.

3 hours ago, Karol van Kermin said:

Hope you understood my question

I certainly did! My upper stages look this way because:

a) Some mods, such as KW are compatible with procedural fairings. This means that I can get the KW fairing base (which looks damn awesome) and edit the size.

b) SSTU has very good engine mounts, with struts and all.

These mods were used in the creation of my upper stages.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.