The Official Realism Overhaul Craft Repository.

Perun - an air-launched rocket capable of carrying small payloads of up to 1050 kilograms into Low Earth Orbit . The vehicle consists of kerolox powered first stage and upper stage powered by hypergolic engine. First stage has wings and a tail to provide lift and attitude control while in the atmosphere.

7 hours ago, winged said:

Perun

Hey, that rings a bell :) Your Stargazer is top-notch, by the way!

As long as we're posting air-launched stuff, here's my carrier plane after its first successful landing:

7lJ5hsV.png?1

Taking off with the rocket...

ls4piAw.png

...and the rocket in flight. It's a three stage solid vehicle coming in at about 1500 kg, give or take, but very temperamental. I had to do like four tries to get it into orbit, half of the time it would just flip over after release. Stage 1 gets it above the Karman line and the fins provide control, then the fairing is ejected and nitrogen thrusters underneath align the whole thing, a set of small solid rockets spins it up and stage 2, then 3 are ignited. The payload needs to include a probe core for staging, but I got around 20 kg to low orbit and 10 kg to a very elliptical one. Not useful at all, but a nice exercise in minimalism.

79uXQjr.png

Edited by Ravenchant

6 hours ago, winged said:

@Ravenchant what engines did you use for each sage?

Russian super heavy lifters:

https://imgur.com/a/jYZXF

XwNWQ5k.png

5LKtvbE.png

Man those are SEXY! I really wanted to make a Energia, maybe i will do it later. Nice work! I did not expect the LK700 rocket (forgot its name) could carry SO MUCH payload to LEO!

Edited by NSEP

1 hour ago, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

Can you please upload a better quality image?

I have made about five smaller pictures which show those rockets in detail but when I saved each one as well as the overall picture, the quality decreased massively. I will hopefully post a higher quality version after it's finished, which might be a while due to a bunch of other stuff happening right now.

I did not expect the LK700 rocket (forgot its name) could carry SO MUCH payload to LEO!

My version is not 100% accurate. I've used RD270-M engines which run on pentaborane and RD-0120 as a third stage.

Few interplanetary missions which I did in career mod. Sorry for lack of descriptions:

Jupiter Multiple-Flyby Mission (1960-1966)

https://imgur.com/a/nOFxN

1XmHGx1.png

Triton orbiter (1969-1980)

https://imgur.com/a/gdfeH

9EdvmaZ.png

Ganymede lander (1977-1980)

https://imgur.com/a/HNeER

FaTRBUO.png

Saturn Multiple-Flyby mission + Ttian lander (1987-1993)

https://imgur.com/a/5ibk7

yKCXlyE.png

Edited by winged

6hebWEv.jpg

Unlocked the RD-180 engine today, so I made an Atlas V 401 for my RP0 save.

Otz38I1.jpg

Engine layout.

SQPxXfi.jpg

Cassini probe serves as test payload :) 

hsEulIL.jpg

It is crazy that the Atlas V is so cheap. Without payload, the rocket costs only :funds:13,000 and the build time is less than 2 weeks.

Compared to a Titan 3D (look at page 12) which can get a similar payload to LEO (max 12 tons) is it only a quarter of the price.

However due to the single RL10 on the upper stage i only get a TWR of around 0.24. That means it takes 15 minutes to get into orbit! :mad:

On 19/10/2017 at 1:59 PM, winged said:

Perun - an air-launched rocket capable of carrying small payloads of up to 1050 kilograms into Low Earth Orbit . The vehicle consists of kerolox powered first stage and upper stage powered by hypergolic engine. First stage has wings and a tail to provide lift and attitude control while in the atmosphere.

One day, when I am in my 40s, I will finally get a damn computer that can run these kinds of graphics. And then I will play KSP. And everyone in my family will think I am an immature prick, including my future wife. But whatever, KSP is life, I guess.

Im really exited to run RO again today. I haven't played it in a week! Today i want to start a new RP0 campaign, this time without Testflight. TestFlight ruined my previous campaign. Im planning to build this in Sandbox though:

k1Pgrro.jpg

5 minutes ago, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

Quick question, Am I the only one who thinks replicas are boring and prefers to design their own LVs?

Totally not, I do like to design my crafts on my own as well. When doing a replica, there's not that much room for your own aproach of  the mission. Also, the real missions had to deal with a lot more factors, that made the design how it is. 
Of course RO asks a bit more realism in it's design, but room enough for your own design. 

(although I've done some replica missions, but feels so scripted :) )

1 hour ago, DrLicor said:

Totally not, I do like to design my crafts on my own as well. When doing a replica, there's not that much room for your own aproach of  the mission. Also, the real missions had to deal with a lot more factors, that made the design how it is. 
Of course RO asks a bit more realism in it's design, but room enough for your own design. 

(although I've done some replica missions, but feels so scripted :) )

Well, the replicas work. I made a new Earth Orbit Rendevous Moon mission ,  but all the parts were lofted into orbit by Saturn V's and Saturn C-8s, So I don't count that as my first my own hardware moon landing. I installed the Space X pack, only to find the Raptors have no RO support.

Quick question, Am I the only one who thinks replicas are boring and prefers to design their own LVs?

You aren't alone pal, i try making replicas every now and then, but it gets boring after a while. I always get fascinated by the whole make your very own factor of things, i get hungry when i see the word create somewhere. (Also, the Space Race ended up in failure for me, im br0ke in that save)

My KSP just crashed, so i might just share it now.

Today i made my first launch vehicle in a long while, i introduce you to my new son Gert I!

It can probably send around 2 tons to LEO, i cant confirm, this thing does however have quite a bit of Delta-V left when in a stable orbit, like 1,8km/s. I don't know the payload capacity since the upperstage actually was the satellite itself, because i did not see the point of making a seperate entity. Another variant (Gert IB) is slightly longer and has an advanced upperstage, with satellite dishes, and solar panels, used for my first polar orbit. If Gert can send 2 tons to LEO it will likely bring my manned satellite Samson to orbit.

Spoiler

facfsmY.png

^^Gert under construction

BFmTXK5.png

^^Gert at the Launchpad.

9gq18uz.png

^^ Gert's Upper stage. The inwards AJ10 caused problems with gimballing and was unable to gimbal for a short time period, but made it into orbit eventually. The Design flaw is fixed in Gert 1B

19 minutes ago, NSEP said:

You aren't alone pal, i try making replicas every now and then, but it gets boring after a while. I always get fascinated by the whole make your very own factor of things, i get hungry when i see the word create somewhere. (Also, the Space Race ended up in failure for me, im br0ke in that save)

My KSP just crashed, so i might just share it now.

Today i made my first launch vehicle in a long while, i introduce you to my new son Gert I!

It can probably send around 2 tons to LEO, i cant confirm, this thing does however have quite a bit of Delta-V left when in a stable orbit, like 1,8km/s. I don't know the payload capacity since the upperstage actually was the satellite itself, because i did not see the point of making a seperate entity. Another variant (Gert IB) is slightly longer and has an advanced upperstage, with satellite dishes, and solar panels, used for my first polar orbit. If Gert can send 2 tons to LEO it will likely bring my manned satellite Samson to orbit.

Hide contents

facfsmY.png

^^Gert under construction

BFmTXK5.png

^^Gert at the Launchpad.

9gq18uz.png

^^ Gert's Upper stage. The inwards AJ10 caused problems with gimballing and was unable to gimbal for a short time period, but made it into orbit eventually. The Design flaw is fixed in Gert 1B

Nice! Are we still on for the whole space race thing?

1 hour ago, CosmonautCrash said:

Just need to say I love this thread. Love seeing how others approach the unique challenges presented by Rss/RO. Keep it rolling:)

Is that you CosmoCrash? I love your videos!

Nice! Are we still on for the whole space race thing?

I don't know, testflight is sort of annoying, ill think about it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.