The Official Realism Overhaul Craft Repository.

@MatuchkinYes, I live in Gdansk. I'm glad that you enjoyed... most of it.  The building you mentioned is nicknamed "Zieleniak" , because of its greenish color (zielony = green). From ground to the roof it's 72 meters tall, same as Delta 4 Heavy, or 2 meters taller than Falcon 9 FT :D.

You can google "Gdansk zieleniak" to get the sense of its scale, since it's not worth to send any images of that ugly thing here. 

Edited by Scorpu

44 minutes ago, Ravenchant said:

@NSEP some of the later Gemini missions, upon docking with the Agena, attached a tether to it and even sort of spun around a bit for artificial (micro)gravity, you could try that :)

gemini-12-mission-last-hurrah-2521144328

Sounds cool! Maybe i will give it a try!

8 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

@DrLicor Now you're using that shuttle! Good to see that beautiful thing in action.

BTW, your screenshots are the first thing I think of when I hear the words "Realism Overhaul".

Thanks a lot :) .
I really enjoy playing the came with this amount of realism and looks. I takes a lot of time ofcourse, but totally worth it. I think I'll make another type of the shuttle where the cargobay is a section shorter and in that spot a MK2 crew cabin will. The shuttle is only capable of transporting a crew of 2, and I would like to upgrade that. Since the shuttle's bay is to small to transport the big modules of the station, I think it will only fly to the station for maintenance and small change like an solar array or something like that. And whne it's upgraded to a crew version, it can also function for crew circulation as well.
The next shuttle flight is planned soon, it will do some maintenance to the space station, removing some RCS ports and engines. I'm also having some problems with the Robotic parts (flipping out on loading the scene from an complete new startup of the game) of the new solar arrays, so I think I'll replace those with high efficiency arrays instead.

Hello, this is my first craft on the EXCHANGE. This is a Tier-0, no avionics (spacebar and action group controlled), no engine upgrades, 37t rocket capable of going into orbit (or delivering a 100kg payload) from Plesetsk.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7r8lC-a6H37LUNwRVR3eVBqM2M

Here is the video, showing how it works:

3 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

@panzerwaffe044 that was actually a great demonstration of no-avionics flight. That and the spin-stabilisation mechanic you used on the three final stages convinces me you deserve more than 14 rep.

Thanks for the good words, the real problem was to tweak the rotation speed, so the last stage stays stable even if some engines fall off, when the roll rate is too high the last two stages wobble all over the place, i also placed engines close to the spin axis so the sideways displacement is minimal when on of the engines shuts down, the other problem was the initial pitch, i solved it using a decoupler on the side (which ejection force can be easily tweaked) instead of moving the whole construction.

Your reviews inspired me to continue working on the rocket and I've tweaked it (rotated, changed the kick pitch force and added some science). So now it is capable of going into POLAR orbit from Plesetsk with basic science. I've restarted the career and checked how fast would it be possible to complete a Polar Orbit contract using this rocket, in theory this could be the first rocket launched in career and if the Test Flight God shows some mercy you could do it in several months. One of the problems that I've noticed is a roll caused by side booster separation. It didn't allow me to aim straight towards the North so the orbit is 86 but it's still completes the contract and allows science experiments over all the biomes. In the next version I will try to add one more (YAW) axis of control. This will allow to aim directly at the horizon above or below the prograde.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19X3yGWt0VRHMAK6pfymMf-9OOg0ezeoe

9 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

@panzerwaffe044 in my opinion that last polar launch was the best of the two. It was much cleaner, and there was much less wobble in the last stages. Seriously, great work.

Yeah, cause on the first video 2 engines on the 3rd stage failed which led to deviation and still I was surprised that it made to orbit with 3 engine failures (A-4 loss of thrust and 2xWAC shutdown).

I haven't played RO in a while, and i can't post pics yet of my progress. But im planning to revolutionize my playstyle a little bit and go full on BFR style, you know, refueling in Orbit, and Manned Upper stages, and stuff like that, in my current RP-0 campaign.

Multipurpoise>Singlepurpoise.

Updates to my Saturn VB and Ares Propulsion Stage.

Saturn VB now uses RSRMs to be more accurate to Voyage.  Meant weight reduction in the payload.  Also reworked the life support system to save weight.

B7FCA0E604FDA2AC5E9E98BD9CBE957B80B2A1AF

External tanks are now silver to better reflect the description in the novel.  They also contain more fuel.  The entire state contains radiators from the Heat Pump mod to eliminate annoying boil-off.

38AA7E995519F460B62B691073F54B9BFD4F809F

3BEE6B8DE43F2BBDC3C324A2FA4B8F498977EBDE

4C3135933A1947340C4A0A71F48C5011DD4DD768

1 hour ago, Nittany Tiger said:

Updates to my Saturn VB and Ares Propulsion Stage.

Saturn VB now uses RSRMs to be more accurate to Voyage.  Meant weight reduction in the payload.  Also reworked the life support system to save weight.

B7FCA0E604FDA2AC5E9E98BD9CBE957B80B2A1AF

External tanks are now silver to better reflect the description in the novel.  They also contain more fuel.  The entire state contains radiators from the Heat Pump mod to eliminate annoying boil-off.

38AA7E995519F460B62B691073F54B9BFD4F809F

3BEE6B8DE43F2BBDC3C324A2FA4B8F498977EBDE

4C3135933A1947340C4A0A71F48C5011DD4DD768

Wait, you can prevent boiloff? Say whaaaaa?

I'm thinking, if KSP can have crazy ambient lighting changes the atmosphere of the game will be much cooler. For example, when a ship is on the night side of the planet, it is not visible and you would need navigation lighting or wide-angle lights if you aim to dock it. Makes the game more interesting and looks far cooler.

7 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

I'm thinking, if KSP can have crazy ambient lighting changes the atmosphere of the game will be much cooler. For example, when a ship is on the night side of the planet, it is not visible and you would need navigation lighting or wide-angle lights if you aim to dock it. Makes the game more interesting and looks far cooler.

Yeah that would be a really cool feature to have! Im not sure if everyone will agree with this though.

Okay, more updates on my BFR playstyle:

I think im going to use the Heat Pump mod, because i can't go anywhere without using cryogenic fuels. I think i will also have to modify an engine, to give it more, if not, infinite ignitions. Once that is done, i can start colonizing the Solar System!

3 minutes ago, NSEP said:

Okay, more updates on my BFR playstyle:

I think im going to use the Heat Pump mod, because i can't go anywhere without using cryogenic fuels. I think i will also have to modify an engine, to give it more, if not, infinite ignitions. Once that is done, i can start colonizing the Solar System!

Also consider using Test Flight. This will make it impossible for you to just take any lifter and launch it flawlessly, you will have to fly it multiple times first and test it before it is reliable enough to be consistently used.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.