The Official Realism Overhaul Craft Repository.

9 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

Also consider using Test Flight. This will make it impossible for you to just take any lifter and launch it flawlessly, you will have to fly it multiple times first and test it before it is reliable enough to be consistently used.

Nyyeeeggh. I tried Test Flight once, and it made it impossible for me to get into orbit, not even with maximum Data Units, so i don't think i will ever use that again.

2 hours ago, NSEP said:

Wait, you can prevent boiloff? Say whaaaaa?

Yes, with this mod:

It works for preventing LH2 boil-off.  It does use electricity, but it's not much.  I didn't have issues keeping the pumps operating with no changes to my power generation setup.

I thought of modifying the real fuels mod config files to either create some exotic tank type or even break physics by changing the properties of LH2, but I felt using this mod kept things within the realm of realism.  It's also the only way I'm getting any LH2 to Mars without it all evaporating into space.

Edited by Nittany Tiger

1 minute ago, Nittany Tiger said:

Yes, with this mod:

It works for preventing LH2 boil-off.  It does use electricity, but it's not much.  I didn't have issues keeping the pumps operating with no changes to my power generation setup.

I thought of modifying the real fuels mod config files to either create some exotic tank type or even break physics by changing the properties of LH2, but I felt using this mod kept things within the realm of realism.  It's also the only way I"m getting any LH2 to Mars without it all evaporating into space.

Thanks! This is awesome! I am deffinitly using this for my future missions! Thanks!

No problem.

1 hour ago, NSEP said:

Nyyeeeggh. I tried Test Flight once, and it made it impossible for me to get into orbit, not even with maximum Data Units, so i don't think i will ever use that again.

Did you push your early rockets past their MTBF?  You might want to go by the MTBF given in the VAB, not at launch, because that's always really high and then decreases during flight.  I've used Test Flight in a career mode, but I was able to get to orbit.

Here was the rocket that did it.  It was done in 1.1.3.

48D1BEA13980B50D93116792CF835644DAE2276D

Vangard first stage and boosters.  AJ-10 second stage.  Baby Sergeants with the 11x-3x-1x configuration just like with Juno.  Had to do a lot of simulations due to part failures and trajectory optimization, but it worked when the real deal launched.

D53C4E8C1780C48562D4EE88A3230E88C7E86D7A

Yes.  My own Korolev Cross.

0DBD0F10346FCCA9A2F9275EFBC922457A2B9443

0378E44A4B8B2023B387CFE400E9014EA53DC950

B36D88A0DD55067697AB78A4D592D7E1A2AFBF34

826B446B91D60C4DFEC1DF452D6182A2D102D3CC

Been wanting to get back to RP-0 for a while, but I want to finish Ares first.

I finally got the opportunity to upload some images again, so here we go!

Here is my new launcher for RP-0, i used it to send a Kerbal around the Moon and its surprisingly simple.

cXQ5bPO.png

Samson Y, my lunar flyby ship. I accidentally renamed another craft to the same name as this so im not flying this anymore, anytime soon.

5YsxLn0.png

Away from RP-0, i think the most exiting thing i made is the SLS replica, complete with orion for my new semi-realistic sandbox savegame!

Spoiler

PWSPGEz.png

KLrMeDW.png

WuAEkz8.png

ICJSaUc.png

mCV8UHi.png

1 hour ago, NSEP said:

I finally got the opportunity to upload some images again, so here we go!

Here is my new launcher for RP-0, i used it to send a Kerbal around the Moon and its surprisingly simple.

cXQ5bPO.png

Samson Y, my lunar flyby ship. I accidentally renamed another craft to the same name as this so im not flying this anymore, anytime soon.

5YsxLn0.png

Away from RP-0, i think the most exiting thing i made is the SLS replica, complete with orion for my new semi-realistic sandbox savegame!

Reveal hidden contents

PWSPGEz.png

KLrMeDW.png

WuAEkz8.png

ICJSaUc.png

mCV8UHi.png

Nice, do love that little science module on top of it, which you, I'm assuming, will ditch before reentry.

27 minutes ago, DrLicor said:

Nice, do love that little science module on top of it, which you, I'm assuming, will ditch before reentry.

Yes, i dumped it. The golden cone on top has extra life support in it. The capsule alone can only support for 2 days, but with that extra cone it gets extended to 17 days, wich is just enough for my mission.

On 14/11/2017 at 5:28 AM, Matuchkin said:

I wanna see someone make an extended SPRINT missile. Google it up.

Looks good! Gonna give it a try later.

oh look, with my SLS i can finally launch my little ruskibois to ze cosmos.

EnRJHN4.png

Are you laughing, interested or confused when you see an Orion on a Falcon Heavy?

ltmK6zx.png

exuVo6C.png

1 minute ago, DrLicor said:

@NSEP, That falcon heavy orion mix is pretty interesting actually. Which mods where used for those parts? Or isn't that an orion capsule on top

Yes. I used SSTU for the Orion Spacecraft, the Delta IV upper stage and the engines.

Keep posting people! Im working on constellation like components for my deep-spacecraft. With nuclearengines and such. Like @Julien Kerman recently did. (Its for my sandbox game though). They will be launched on the Strap OPayload Space Launch System. The one you see in the post above. Also, im planning on making a rocket specifically designed for refueling spaceships in LEO.

12 hours ago, NSEP said:

I messed around with launching payloads on the side instead of on top. I tried it on my Americanized Energia rocket and it works like a charm!

avGBzdf.png

I still don't get why this booster was never used in real life. I mean, the orbiter may have been expensive, but the booster was great.

Edited by Matuchkin

[My thoughts from Yesterday]: "SpaceX' ITS rocket was actually a pretty good lifter, before they cancelled it..... If I could build it for my RP0 playthrough, I would have a 450 tons to LEO rocket.....but I if could transform the Interplanetary spaceship into an usual upper stage, I would have something even better........"

*Two hours later*

VpuYHBi.jpg

Here we go!! 9500 tons , 12m in diameter, 43 engines and 150m tall.

Hplk5IW.jpg

FPS: 5

NcIIs0q.jpg

This is the first stage engine cluster.

ofuxebJ.jpg

Stage sep, second stage ignition. The new upper stage features the same engines as the original spaceship (6x VAC // 3x SL) and the same mass.

ghs6UAN.jpg

The upper stage engine cluster.

G2T7miG.jpg

The 460 ton payload dummy was delivered into orbit without any problems. At engine cut-off, I had 700 m/s deltaV left, so the second testflight will launch with a 500 ton payload ^^.

I've had a new mission with the shuttle; solarpanel change, remove some extra part which are not needed. (to keep performance) and bring life support.

oORBUfD.png?1

7ZFdCu6.png

After a few days at the station, the shuttle returned home with the extra parts. I tried a new descent path, AP: 400km, PE: 25km. This way the shuttle will bleed more speed of in the 60-80km zone of the atmophere, resulting in a quicker and more accurate reeentry. De G-force still don't go above 3g, so I could even make it's AoA less when it's gaining lift. However.. my planning was 1100km wrong. I splashed down 1100km past the runway in the ocean. The good thing, the shuttle handled the reentry perfect. No sideslips, no weird error, everything went as planned, just nog the landing:

JZElGdZ.png

I'm really melting when I see this picture.. Those split rudders, the sun, the trail... 

EUny7Co.png

k0Pq66M.png

Splashdown was less succesfull, but even there, we can get a beautyshot:

iDhlM1p.png

jTn8pmE.png

On 27/10/2017 at 3:30 PM, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

Quick question, Am I the only one who thinks replicas are boring and prefers to design their own LVs?

Nope. I don't think replicas are boring but I like designing my own craft and landers so much I do not even repeat designs across saves.

I like revisiting the same problems and seeing if I find new solutions.

I have just started testing Principia with RSS/RO. It seems very stable and provides the same level of interest over RSS/RO that RSS/RO does over stock. Orbits are... interesting.

Speaking of Replicas, i Sovietized the SLS. I replaced the RS25 engines with RD120 engines, the Boosters with a double RD170 engine rocket (has rougly the same burntime and thrust as the SLS boosters) and i also replaced the RL10 on the DeltaIV 5m upper stage with a RD146. I also repainted it.

UXuXPLh.png

Im also 'Downgrading' the Falcon 9 and replacing the Merlins with H-1 engines.

OFvOWjH.png

Its time to start a new RP-0 Campaign, turns out i did not use the RP-0 setting on KCT, don't worry though, i really want start all over, my last save was a mess.

Edited by NSEP

I decided to just take a break from RP0 in general for a while.

Anyways, i made transfer vehice thing. It has a ton of flaws, it can't radiate heat without draining all the power, (i need to add more battery's i only have 300Ec of power because i use a Non-RO avionics unit). It also generates little power, so have to add more solar panels. The nuclear engines also refuse to ignite, because of some weird bug, and despite the massive nitrogen tank on top, it has very little fuel inside for RCS, (i utilized it so it became lighter, so thats also my own fault). I destroyed it on its first test flight, it did not reach orbital flight and smashed into the atmosphere.

CPRbKsb.png

Spoiler

The Launch was partially succesfull, i was able to test it but it did not reach orbit, like i said, it was destroyed during re-entry.

kij3WU2.png

Did i also forget to say the aerodynamic cap does not deploy the way it should? I had to litterly shake it off.

d36s534.png

877lvpm.png

DC0JzfK.png

NxkWMzA.png

21 hours ago, Ravenchant said:

Supersonic banking turn 15 m above ground. Eat your heart out, Tom Cruise.

QDKrjnM.png

Granted, the whole thing disintegrated a bit later, but that was because Bill pulled the stick too hard.

1. :cool:AWESOME:cool:

2. This thread is about rockets (rockets) (RO-kets) (ROCKETS). Please read the title before posting and instead post this in the FAR thread. They'll like it.

5 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

1. :cool:AWESOME:cool:

2. This thread is about rockets (rockets) (RO-kets) (ROCKETS). Please read the title before posting and instead post this in the FAR thread. They'll like it.

And shuttles, but only if they look super awesome :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.