The Official Realism Overhaul Craft Repository.

3 hours ago, Julien Kerman said:

@Krases holy sh*t, this looks insane. Can you give us some performance data? Mass, engines, payload to LEO ?

Payload to LEO is a bit fluid right now, I am still trying to figure out a good ascent profile. It has a bit over 16,000 DeltaV.  

Engines wise, it has 8 shuttle boosters and 18 F1-B engines in the first stage. The shuttle boosters help keep a good TWR while the F1-B's chew through the orange external tanks. By the time the boosters are out, the orange tanks around 3/4ths expended and get dropped soon after.  This then leaves a small tank right above the F1-B's which is then expended.  Right above the F-1's are M-1 Engines. Nine of them come online as the fairings drop away with the F1's. 

After that, its 6 more M1-s in their own stage. Followed soon after by 4 J-2X's in a 4th stage. 

Here is a side view of an earlier version. 

Spoiler

oddLlwT.jpg ZNbAeQ6.jpg  

12 hours ago, Krases said:

Alright, time for a batch of pics. I worked hard on this guy. Its not the best, but it was fun to work with. Based off a Jupiter DIRECT concept I saw once. 

Hide contents

IoldjR2.jpg

Hide contents

56B4gla.jpg

Hide contents

0jE0SqF.jpg

Hide contents

oAG1xM2.jpg

Woah, is that a Saturn Family with Dpace Shuttle -boosters and tanks? I presume the first stage engines were M-1s?

Im currently doing sandbox and RP0 simultaneously.

The Gigantus station, 212 tons in mass, and has 20~ crew capacity. I could not inflate it in flight so i had to launch it without fairings.

OTpciZm.png

feVhRnM.png

Oh and the Launcher is called Boron I, by the way, it has 9 RD270M engines on the first stage and boosters and 2 J2X engines on the second stage, it can send, well that to LEO.

Oh and i made a Saturn IB with a few Titan boosters to lift an Orion to LEO. This is by far the best launchers. A rush of nostalgia suddenly came from watching all those Orbiter 2010 movies in the past. And the crunchy noise of the boosters make it extremely statisfying to launch.

7NuN3ad.png

i5txU43.png

6 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

Goes to show that we need a better version of FAR, in which travelling this fast creates pressure that can peel metal.

Yes. KSP does not simulate damage that well though, its either completely intact, snapped or completely ablaze.

Alright, lets play the guessing game. How did this Falcon 9 manage to make it nearly to orbital velocity? 

Spoiler

ppsKcoi.jpg

Guess? Figure it out?

Here is the answer:

Spoiler

VyWj7Vb.jpg

Based off a very real concept.

Spoiler

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zcGFjZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kv

My goal is near complete recovery. The booster recovered with parachutes. The Falcon 9 recovered because Falcon 9. There is no real second stage, just a dragon capsule with some maneuvering thrusters. 

Edited by Krases

On 12/12/2017 at 2:44 AM, Krases said:

Alright, lets play the guessing game. How did this Falcon 9 manage to make it nearly to orbital velocity? 

Reveal hidden contents

ppsKcoi.jpg

Guess? Figure it out?

Here is the answer:

Reveal hidden contents

VyWj7Vb.jpg

Based off a very real concept.

Hide contents

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zcGFjZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kv

My goal is near complete recovery. The booster recovered with parachutes. The Falcon 9 recovered because Falcon 9. There is no real second stage, just a dragon capsule with some maneuvering thrusters. 

Very interesting idea. I like the idea of having an SRB as a first stage and an actual 'first' stage as a second stage.

16 hours ago, Julien Kerman said:

I just found this:

Shuttle-Ares-Paris.jpg

There is no need for such a Launch Vehicle, as long as we only do science missions who are in need of a lot of deltaV to get to wherever they go, this is just fantasy. Only commercial use of huge launch vehicles will bring them alive. And it will be cheaper to build moon construction facilities and start your solar system colonization from there, than build the paris VII.

I just built the "Paris III" as shown on the pictures above:

Total Boosters Core Upper Stage
Mass 6508 tons 2 x 1765 tons 1765 tons 593 tons
Thrust 70665 kN (SL) 47110 kN (SL) 23555 kN (SL) 6672 kN (vac)
Engines 21 x RS-68B 14 x RS-68B 7 x RS-68B 1 x M-1
Size 10m x 30m x 175m 10m x 90m 10m x 90m 10m x 53m

Payload to LEO: 510 tons

p8LQZqq.jpg

4ibPzg5.jpg

The monster has been released......

(Mechjeb shows wrong deltav numbers for the upper stage. The TWR was 0.70 and the vac deltaV around 5000 or so)

Gz41wjk.jpg

Booster sep

Z9nAxd1.jpg

Core stage sep

gW8b8Jj.jpg

510 tons to LEO :kiss:

@Julien Kerman Now build Paris VII :D.

I made an album that shows how my lunar missions work. The video I made was mostly cinematic, so it didn't have much technical details. Images are from my most recent mission, which targeted a landing site on the edge of South Pole - Aitken Basin.

EFIy2Wr.png

cO8fZ0e.png

Full album here: https://imgur.com/gallery/HOLR7

3 minutes ago, NSEP said:

Im currently building a Russian Military Space Station using Raidernick parts! Stay tuned for pics!

*Mental tuning in progress: 23%*

*Mental tuning in progress: 30%*

*Mental tuning in progress: 42%*

*Mental tuning in progress: 48%*

*Mental tuning in progress: 53%*

*Mental tuning in progress: 59%*

*Mental tuning in progress: 65%*

*Mental tuning in progress: 67%*

*Mental tuning in progress: 78%*

*Mental tuning in progress: 86%*

*Mental tuning in progress: 97%*

*Mental tuning in progress: 100%*

*Processing...*

*Brain is tuned. Photographic reception calibrated.*

Ok I think I'm good.

Edited by Matuchkin

Good this to see this thread is still up and running like a charm . :) 
I'll upload some new generation lifter soon too. 
Hint; tonnage to LEO: 10 up to 88 tons. 

I know 88 tons isn't that impressive when looking up this thread with lifter lifting hundreds of tons, but still. :) 

TRg0zMT.png

5 minutes ago, DrLicor said:

Good this to see this thread is still up and running like a charm . :) 
I'll upload some new generation lifter soon too. 
Hint; tonnage to LEO: 10 up to 88 tons. 

I know 88 tons isn't that impressive when looking up this thread with lifter lifting hundreds of tons, but still. :) 

TRg0zMT.png

Im geussing its an SLS based design? 10-88tons is a pretty wide range for one family. Maybe it uses multiple boosters, Angara style.

This thread lately:

low-reps.jpg

8597939bb4ad98d8c810d18f90c9126d.jpg

11 minutes ago, NSEP said:

Im geussing its an SLS based design? 10-88tons is a pretty wide range for one family. Maybe it uses multiple boosters, Angara style.

Well, they all have the RS-25 engine in the first stage, the generation itself is very diverse in dimensions, but the main system is the same. :) 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, hypervelocity said:

ohhhhh awwww I would really really really love to use thoseeeeeeeee :$

Im working on it! Im having some slight problems however.

@DrLicor how is your new rocket family going?

Edited by NSEP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.