The Official Realism Overhaul Craft Repository.

• 2 months later...

Solarius-1. Solar powered plane.

Mass: 3.142 kg.      Nominal speed: 70 m/s.     Take off at 40m/s.   Battery charging is ok when at 50% throttle with the sun at ~45° above horizon.

uBvg0Tg.png

4lWs3GS.png

e9zSzhi.png

:)

Edited by kurgut

Just now, hypervelocity said:

ok @kurgut, this may be blunt, but..... I TOTALLY ABSOFREACKINGLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What propellers are you using???

Thanks! happy you like it! :)  I'm using electric propellers from Kerbal Aircraft Extension mod! Next step is to see if its batterys can last enough longer that it couldfly indefinitely (so even the night).

Presenting the Geminus-1: basically it's a mercury module, but with custom made retrograde section and adapter section using interstage adapter  puted backway with wairings, and inside some service module tanks/fuel tanks, as in the Gemini spacecraft. So are improved: life support ( now 16 days instead of a few hours), electric charge, maneuvring, etc. mass: 2.260 kg.

Q3rsw41.png

ZtsVYoI.png

Here just released in orbit, doing some maneuvers (with upgraded service modules and engines to (biprollant), it will have the same capacity as gemini.)

gJp1Sap.png

Jetisoned the adapter section to prepare the retrograde burn:

oc3DUHj.png

now doin' it!

3zlR1Gt.png

And again, jetisoned it, now it's just a normal mercury capsule ready to reenter earth atmosphere:

p4f3PpK.png

LV is early Titan:

aaEvrNM.png

1 hour ago, SiriusRocketry said:

Can this run RSS/RO?

RAM: 16GB

I7 hexa core 4.1 GHz

Nvidia gtx 1050ti

I'd say yes. It might be possible that depending on the resolution your 1050ti will struggle to provide a decent FPS.

If you try to play at 4k with scatterer and RSSVE your GPU will suffer.

Regardless of your setup, you will experience bottlenecks due to the very nature of KSP/Unity.

Depending on the number of part, the GPU or the CPU will bottleneck the system . A low part number vessel will stress the GPU, but as soon as you go over X00 parts the CPU will bottleneck the system.

To have more cores will not help much because currently Unity is not using more than 2 cores I think.  So faster cores will provide more FPS than a CPU with more cores if the are running at a lower speed.

Edited by jrodriguez

• 2 weeks later...

Real scale/proportion Concorde! Its first testflight

ym7HWf5.png

Take off at 100 m/s, just a bit unbalanced, it refuse a bit to pitch up, will change this after.

qG1NCB0.png

Retracting all this stuff, and going supersonic!

nntDox6.png

Here we go!

4xeg1Qi.png

Max nominal speed was mac 1.7

EAuYpAI.png

Here a flying wing airplane, well inspired by the beautiful Horten ho 229 (known as "Gotha Go"), WWII german prototype fighter.

So basically, the hell thing about this, is that there's no one single vertical stuff to control yaw... Then, yaw control is achieved by having the main wings a bit rotated up, so they provide more slideway control.

Here it is (after some hours crashing/testing it), and was first succesful, nominal testflight:

Take off at 60 m/s

Whghdz3.png

Gear retracted, flaps neutral, now fly!!

PPK2Yh5.png

It can now even handles some "fighter alike" brutal maneuvers

0zRa4Os.png

GTwaXX5.png

We don't have weapons stuff, so, well, let's land!

Almost sweetly landed:

gSAZ4bV.png

This is maybe the 1457th testflight pilot on this project, and the first to come from it alive, sure he can be happy!!

SxUh1Lo.png

Edited by kurgut

RO drone military plane!! Testflight!

pghIgis.png

After had taken off at 67 m/s, now climbing a bit, retracting gear/flaps.

Shy07E0.png

Maneuver to put us in the direction of the target...

ezppEVL.png

which is....

IU8nkN7.png

...the VAB :)

55Y78nL.png

Let's scrap this space program:D !

Missiles armed? check. FIRE!!!!!

7CwjW5o.png

(baby sergeant solid boosters+fins+nose cone, it's unguided)

The 3 seconds journey of the missiles from the drone to their target:

Spoiler

jnES1rS.png

Accelerating in 2 seconds, from 150 m/s to 900... !! (time warp x0.1 to manage to take some screenshots :) )

KJs3asd.png

Almost, and...

paYxy9g.png

Boom.

RHCkN01.png

Mission complete: time to land:

7m8cPoB.png

Nicely coming down above the runway ( funny that's maybe the most stable/maneuvrable plane I ever designed in RO, which such a weird design haha)

qpIZf8V.png

And finally, landed:) waiting for others stuff to scrap for next missions!

OqCI7zU.png

Edited by kurgut

• 2 weeks later...

I can finally get back to playing me some KSP realism overhaul

This MOTV3, It is a manned orbital transport vehicle that can carry 3 crew members and keep them alive for 2 weeks. In the backround is the LV100, it can carry 100t to LEO and 40t to TLI.

(this was taken during an in-flight abort test, i know, its weird)

screenshot88_by_zanzalur-dcogsp1.png

It has an abort system located on the service module, wich are released upon leaving the atmosphere, the top nosecone is also released.

@NSEP very nice! have you ever considered integrating the abort system to the pod a la Dragon, adding orbital maneuvering capabilities to the capsule? If my calculations are correct, you would gain a mass efficiency by doing so taking advantage of the service module's fuel and reducing engines & tankage mass.

Edited by hypervelocity

10 hours ago, hypervelocity said:

@NSEP very nice! have you ever considered integrating the abort system to the pod a la Dragon, adding orbital maneuvering capabilities to the capsule? If my calculations are correct, you would gain a mass efficiency by doing so taking advantage of the service module's fuel and reducing engines & tankage mass.

Never thought of that actually, sounds like a good idea!

But considering most of my rockets are overpowered and i had 12 tons to waste, its not that bad. But if i had to design a real spacecraft it would probably be on the capsule or on a tower.

I might change it.

Far side lunar landing in RP-0. Tsiolkovskiy, large lunar impact crater located on the far side of the Moon was considered as a potential target for Apollo 17 mission. Due to a different geology landing on the far side could have returned significantly more scientific value than an additional mission to the near side. NASA however vetoed this idea as too risky, and Apollo 17 instead landed in the Taurus–Littrow valley on December 11, 1972.

• 2 weeks later...

Nexus - fully reusable VTVL SSTO with a capability to launch 56.000 kg into low Earth orbit. Two-stage GTO and deep space missions are possible as well. Modified DCSS-like upper stage will send payload into GTO/ Moon/ Mars and then return and dock with mothership using aerobraking.

Full album with description: https://imgur.com/a/OdFgo

3DesYV4.png

PtciWwJ.png

w23SiBt.png

Earth-to-Earth - suborbital variant of Nexus capable of reaching any place on Earth within less than hour. Due to ballistic reentry (8,8 G at peak) such form of transport is only suited for very resilient Kerbals.

35M8pgo.png

KSC, Florida - Paris flight time: 25 minutes.

xGqwTE3.png

Edited by winged

4 minutes ago, winged said:

I've made HTHL SSTO as well and that one was much harder to do: https://imgur.com/a/Yy6Dv

pOI1ESH.png

Beautiful.

I'm thinking on building a X-33 replica :)

BTW @winged I'm working on a new setup of RO for KSP 1.5.1.

If you can pass me the list of mods you are using on your current setup I can add them to my list to check their current state and "fix" them if it is required.

I already have RSS, RSSVE, FAR, and some others "working" in KSP 1.5.1

11 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

If you can pass me the list of mods you are using on your current setup I can add them to my list to check their current state and "fix" them if it is required.

I already have RSS, RSSVE, FAR, and some others "working" in KSP 1.5.1

I am not going to update KSP - it would break too many things but anyway

I have two installations

1.0.5 for planes: https://i.imgur.com/eWIuYeN.jpg

1.2.2 for rockets and RP-0: https://i.imgur.com/iArBuuF.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2018 at 2:36 AM, winged said:

What engine do you use? Could you share the config?

Also what mods gives those crew stars and badges?

Hi winged, sorry for late reply, was out KSP for a moment :)

Unfortunately, I deleted the Ksp build with the concorde in. I only remember the proportion/scale were accurate, and for the engines, I used one of the "stock RO" one, that mached the most the concorde ones (don't remember the engine's name..).

And ye, the mod for portraits thingys is Portraits stats :)

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.