Experience in Science Mode

Experience in science mode?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea of exp in science mode?

• Yes I do.
    • No I don't.

Hello people,

While playing career mode, you take the helm of a space-venture a bit like SpaceX, with no guaranteed income. But in science mode, we can presume that it is a government-funded agency. But still, pilots and other kerbal do need training, even in national agencies! The LLRV, the countless sims and 'all-up tests', etc. So it got me thinking, "It would be nice totally awesome to include the experience system into science mode!"

So forumnauts, please give me some feedback!:wink:

I mentioned this a while back, and I think it would add a lot more fun to science mode. The answer I got was to do career mode with all the money cranked up, which seems like a decent option, though one I have yet to try. Just recently I was digging around in the cfg files looking for a way to do this but I'm not too familiar with the code, and it is probably hard coded anyway. I wonder if ModuleManager could do it...

Just to pile more on, I'd like World Firsts in sci-mode as well, just to feel like I'm progressing and unlocking a bit more science :) Again though, career mode with money set to upper limits would do this well. Hmmm I may just try it today...

Edited by Waxing_Kibbous

11 hours ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

I mentioned this a while back, and I think it would add a lot more fun to science mode. The answer I got was to do career mode with all the money cranked up, which seems like a decent option, though one I have yet to try. Just recently I was digging around in the cfg files looking for a way to do this but I'm not too familiar with the code, and it is probably hard coded anyway. I wonder if ModuleManager could do it...

Just to pile more on, I'd like World Firsts in sci-mode as well, just to feel like I'm progressing and unlocking a bit more science :) Again though, career mode with money set to upper limits would do this well. Hmmm I may just try it today...

I tried that. It works ok, but I wished there was a mode to bind your building upgrade to your science progress. The next time I will try to determine building costs in terms of science points and reserve an amount of science points not to spend for upgraded buildings to simulate this behavior.

I don't know about full-fledged experience, but I would like the different professions to mean something in science mode. Maybe have them all start at lvl 5, but retain their career mode differences?

Or even better, let us change this things on an option-by-option basis. :)

Edited by GluttonyReaper

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.