[1.2 - 1.4] Real Scale Boosters, 0.16 (2018-03-12)

NecroBones

On 9/27/2016 at 9:01 PM, billkerbinsky said:

Well, when the obsession comes back, a few large scale boosters have been announced recently, with enough detail that a KSP model would be plausible: Blue Origin's New Glenn and the SpaceX ITS (formerly BFR/BFS).   

Yep, I was thinking about that. The ITS looks particularly interesting, with its 42 Raptors. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there !, I'm playing with RO ans all is good with this mod.

But when play with RP-0/RO the parts are not into the tech tree (and i have community tech tree installed)

So there's my question : Is there any solution to do work RSB with RP-0 (like remove the "Not RP-0") ?

Good day for everyone ! :D

(Sorry if my english is bad, I'm french)

20 minutes ago, Nolys_ said:

Hello there !, I'm playing with RO ans all is good with this mod.

But when play with RP-0/RO the parts are not into the tech tree (and i have community tech tree installed)

So there's my question : Is there any solution to do work RSB with RP-0 (like remove the "Not RP-0") ?

Good day for everyone ! :D

(Sorry if my english is bad, I'm french)

Yes, if you are really ambitious you can place the parts into the RP-0 tech tree if you want to play with them. They're not added into there yet :)

4 hours ago, Theysen said:

Yes, if you are really ambitious you can place the parts into the RP-0 tech tree if you want to play with them. They're not added into there yet :)

Oh !, great to know ! :D

Do you have tips to do it ? :)

Hey NecroBones! I have both Real Scale Boosters + Stockalike installed. It seems that stockalike (stock) ships is broken or then i'm doing something wrong myself. Everytime when i click open ship button in VAB i'm getting this. Any help would be appreciated and i can send full logs if needed. Thanks! :rep:

Edit: Btw versions i'm using is RSB-0.15 & RSBStockalike-0.3

Edited by Murdox

23 minutes ago, Murdox said:

Hey NecroBones! I have both Real Scale Boosters + Stockalike installed. It seems that stockalike (stock) ships is broken or then i'm doing something wrong myself. Everytime when i click open ship button in VAB i'm getting this. Any help would be appreciated and i can send full logs if needed. Thanks! :rep:

Edit: Btw versions i'm using is RSB-0.15 & RSBStockalike-0.3

OK, I see it happening on my side too. I'm trying to verify that it's something going on with the stockalike patches. The parts are failing to load in the partloader phase at the start, due to a compilation error of some kind, which it didn't do before. So it's either something new to KSP 1.2, or new to the way MM is modifying things. I'll poke around and see what I can figure out.

EDIT: Yes, the stockalike patches are causing it somehow. I can't imagine what it's breaking though. I might have to get onto the MM thread and ask if anyone has ideas.

2 hours ago, NecroBones said:

@Murdox, I found the problem. I've released 0.4 of the stock-alike config:

0.4 (2016-10-13) - KSP 1.2 Fix.
 - KSP 1.2 now requires part costs and entry costs to be integers. Recalculation adjusted.

Holy smokes that was way faster than i excpected, i was gone like couple hours and you already solved/fixed it! Thank you very much... cool now we can enjoy RSB also in stock sized game! :)

@NecroBones:

... I noticed that the "ModuleSeeThroughObject" behave someway different in KSP 1.2 (doing tests ti "porting" that idea to other parts):

if the part is the root-first part selected (and not made a "root" later in the VAB), it is possible to see through... but as it is added to an existing craft, it is "solid".

Bug with KSP or maybe something different must be added in the module??? The same behaviour is shown, at least for me, even for your parts.

6 hours ago, Araym said:

@NecroBones:

... I noticed that the "ModuleSeeThroughObject" behave someway different in KSP 1.2 (doing tests ti "porting" that idea to other parts):

if the part is the root-first part selected (and not made a "root" later in the VAB), it is possible to see through... but as it is added to an existing craft, it is "solid".

Bug with KSP or maybe something different must be added in the module??? The same behaviour is shown, at least for me, even for your parts.

Huh, interesting. I took a quick look, and I think KSP changed it pretty significantly. It looks like it's now tied to animation states, since in stock, only the service bays use it, and I think they intended it to be tied to whether the doors are open or not.

For KSP 1.1, I had to go through and change the shader name used in the module. It looks like if I just comment that entry out, I can get the parts to be transparent all the time, but it ignores the mouse and just stays that way. I don't know which is better-- Always opaque, or always transparent. We may be stuck using one or the other.

7 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

Huh, interesting. I took a quick look, and I think KSP changed it pretty significantly. It looks like it's now tied to animation states, since in stock, only the service bays use it, and I think they intended it to be tied to whether the doors are open or not.

For KSP 1.1, I had to go through and change the shader name used in the module. It looks like if I just comment that entry out, I can get the parts to be transparent all the time, but it ignores the mouse and just stays that way. I don't know which is better-- Always opaque, or always transparent. We may be stuck using one or the other.

As I still playing also in 1.1.3, I had (with some tricks, using Sarbian's DebugStuff to find the right mesh I like to be transparent) multiple success using your "trick".
Then, ported to 1.2, I started to think of me being stupid... :P

So, basically:

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleSeeThroughObject
        transformName = ****mesh name to be transparent****
        screenRadius = 6.0
        shaderName = KSP/Specular <--- Have I to remove this to, eventually, let the part always "transparent"???
    }

Edited by Araym

2 minutes ago, Araym said:

So, basically:

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleSeeThroughObject
        transformName = ****mesh name to be transparent****
        screenRadius = 6.0
        shaderName = KSP/Specular <--- Have I to remove this to, eventually, let the part always "transparent"???
    }

Yeah, the quick test I did worked that way. Remove that one line, and the part is always transparent in the VAB/SPH.

• 5 weeks later...

Can anyone help me with this problem? I installed the Real Scale Booster mod with Real Scale Booster Stockalike and seems it turns some engine color nozzle into bright pink

KmpJBqX.jpg

*ps : it seems not only nozzle, but also with command pods

Edited by AlphaKerman

On 11/14/2016 at 0:59 AM, AlphaKerman said:

Can anyone help me with this problem? I installed the Real Scale Booster mod with Real Scale Booster Stockalike and seems it turns some engine color nozzle into bright pink

*ps : it seems not only nozzle, but also with command pods

Those are cases where a texture is being assigned from a different folder. Double-check that the mod is installed in the correct place, and you didn't remove or rename any folders. You can also try deleting the mod and reinstalling it from a fresh copy.

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Ninadragonborn said:

is no one here to help me please 

Be patient, it's weekend. They might still having vacation outside. 

Btw about your problem, I'm not an expert. But have you tried to reinstall the mod as there might be some parts missing / corrupted, try to re-download it. What version of KSP are you currently using? Use the proper version of the mod as there incompatibility with the game.

Sorry, that's all I can help 

On 12/3/2016 at 1:52 AM, Ninadragonborn said:

i can't place any decoupler beneath any of this mod engine

This is by design. Real Scale Boosters uses the tanks themselves as a means of attaching the stages. In the previous KSP versions the strength of an attachment node was dependent by the mass of the part. The new "autostrut" feature will (might?) make this problem a thing of the past.

2 hours ago, AlphaKerman said:

Be patient, it's weekend. They might still having vacation outside. 

Btw about your problem, I'm not an expert. But have you tried to reinstall the mod as there might be some parts missing / corrupted, try to re-download it. What version of KSP are you currently using? Use the proper version of the mod as there incompatibility with the game.

Sorry, that's all I can help 

my game version is 1.2.1 

and the funny things is i also got this problem with soviet rockets parts and also i use  CKAN to install the mods

i do not understand why i can add decoupler it past trough not only the engine but also the fuel that engine is attach to this so wired

i real love kerbal space program i am addicted to this game and solve many of my games and mods i installed my self but this i do not get it what is wrong

and i really like this mod because of real size kerin needs real time rockets so please what should i do  

36 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

This is by design. Real Scale Boosters uses the tanks themselves as a means of attaching the stages. In the previous KSP versions the strength of an attachment node was dependent by the mass of the part. The new "autostrut" feature will (might?) make this problem a thing of the past.

what do you think is the problem

my version of game is 1.2.1 

what is  "autostrut" is this a mod 

On 3.12.2016 at 0:52 AM, Ninadragonborn said:

hi and thanks for this mod but i can't place any decoupler beneath any of this mod engine :(

as if there is no engine but i can see delta V of engine and the engine itself but decoupler pass trough it as if they were ghost 

http://pictub.club/image/XWUUn

The mod pack's engines do not have a lower attachment node for decouplers by design. It is intended behaviour for every engine not to be used with normal decouplers so you need to use the provided real configurations as by interstages and tanks as such. You could add those nodes yourself in the configs but right now it is not done by the mod like other "normal" packs.

Edited by Theysen

16 minutes ago, Theysen said:

The mod pack's engines do not have a lower attachment node for decouplers by design. It is intended behaviour for every engine not to be used with normal decouplers so you need to use the provided real configurations as by interstages and tanks as such. You could add those nodes yourself in the configs but right now it is not done by the mod like other "normal" packs.

so you mean i need to add decouplers for this mod engine do every one do that 

because i have cryogenic engine mod but i have no problem with those engine and also space launch system engines i have no problem with them 

so there is something in configuration of real scale boosters and soviet rocket parts and i want to know what is it that cause this 

i hope some one will help me 

2 hours ago, Ninadragonborn said:

still can't use decouplers i tried reinstalling a clean install without CKAN and still can't attach decoupler 

i wonder were is this mod author 

i think he can help me 

How many times do we need to say this? The engines of THIS particular pack are NOT MEANT TO BE USED with the common decouplers from the stock game. They are specifically made for the rocket they are representing so you need the parts of this rocket to build the replica. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.