[1.2 - 1.4] Real Scale Boosters, 0.16 (2018-03-12)

NecroBones

This was touched on briefly by someone on pg. 30 or so.  But I still can't for the life of me get the Atlas V 5xx out of atmo without it flipping around.   Mechjeb, no mechjeb, any flightpath, any settings.   Even with the short fairing or any payload, the center of gravity is WAY down low.   Like a quarter of the way from bottom of the main tank.   The fairing just acts like an anchor at any AoA...    

Hey there, I've been experiencing an issue with Real Scale Boosters when using the Stockalike Configs for it. During the Module Manager patch phase of KSP startup, MM detects 57 errors related to the "0_All" config file. I installed it in an install of KSP with only Real Fuels (along with Raptor's Stockalike RF configs), Solver Engines, and Module Manager, and MM didn't report these errors. I am posting my output_log file with this post. If you require any other info, just let me know and I will retrieve it for you.

My output_log file

I've got those 57 errors also, but in combination with SSTU / optional patches
During the Module Manager patch phase of KSP startup, MM detects 57 errors related to the "0_All" config file. I installed it in an install of KSP with only Real Scale Boosters / stockalike and SSTU / optional patches.
A lot of: Applying node RealScaleBoostersStockalike/Patches/0_All/@PART[RSB*]:HAS[#RSBstock[*rue],#RSBengineType[lift*],#RSBengineScale[*]]:FOR[RSBStockM] to RealScaleBoosters/Parts/Engines/RSBengineF1/RSBengineF1
             [LOG 13:27:52.754] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key mass = #$@PART[liquidEngine1-2]/mass$
             [LOG 13:27:52.758] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key cost = #$@PART[liquidEngine1-2]/cost$
             [LOG 13:27:52.763] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key entryCost = #$@PART[liquidEngine1-2]/entryCost$

Log file

On 24/04/2017 at 3:44 AM, Phineas Freak said:

When you say CKAN, do you have a mod list? Currently, the only mod that adds RF support for RSB is RO.

Oh, I see. I don't have RO, because it's not listed in CKAN. But there's a "Getting There Edition" that seems to support 1.2.2 even if still in development. I'll give that a try... Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2017 at 10:56 AM, mesocyclone said:

Oh, I see. I don't have RO, because it's not listed in CKAN.

Lol what... manual mod installation in this game is the easiest thing ever. Granted, sometimes I'm too lazy to do it, but when it all comes down to it it is usually no harder than CKAN installation (even in terms of number of clicks/keystrokes!). :P

Edited by Ithirahad

Hi @NecroBones!

We have been working on some modifications to the Realism Overhaul and RP-0 Tech Tree and have a conflict with the modified techs you use with RSB. I looked for a Github of your mod to help by creating a Pull Request, but I didn't find one. Could you please do me the favor of changing the first line of your 0_TechTree.cfg file to read this:

@TechTree:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree&!SpaceYtree&!RP-0]:FOR[RSBTechTree]

Just adds in the RP-0 as a limiting factor as well. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/14/2017 at 8:17 PM, pap1723 said:

Hi @NecroBones!

We have been working on some modifications to the Realism Overhaul and RP-0 Tech Tree and have a conflict with the modified techs you use with RSB. I looked for a Github of your mod to help by creating a Pull Request, but I didn't find one. Could you please do me the favor of changing the first line of your 0_TechTree.cfg file to read this:

@TechTree:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree&!SpaceYtree&!RP-0]:FOR[RSBTechTree]

Just adds in the RP-0 as a limiting factor as well. Thanks!

Gladly, I have that set up for the next release.

On 4/19/2017 at 7:39 AM, HansB said:

I've got those 57 errors also, but in combination with SSTU / optional patches
During the Module Manager patch phase of KSP startup, MM detects 57 errors related to the "0_All" config file. I installed it in an install of KSP with only Real Scale Boosters / stockalike and SSTU / optional patches.
A lot of: Applying node RealScaleBoostersStockalike/Patches/0_All/@PART[RSB*]:HAS[#RSBstock[*rue],#RSBengineType[lift*],#RSBengineScale[*]]:FOR[RSBStockM] to RealScaleBoosters/Parts/Engines/RSBengineF1/RSBengineF1
             [LOG 13:27:52.754] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key mass = #$@PART[liquidEngine1-2]/mass$
             [LOG 13:27:52.758] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key cost = #$@PART[liquidEngine1-2]/cost$
             [LOG 13:27:52.763] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key entryCost = #$@PART[liquidEngine1-2]/entryCost$

Log file

One of your other mods is probably interfering. the RSB stockalike patches use a few of the stock parts to get some baseline numbers for things like cost and mass. If those parts are removed or significantly altered, it will throw off the RSB patches. I'm not sure what SSTU does to the stock parts.

So, I have this and RealFuels, and all my RSB engines (including the Agena one that specifically says it uses RFNA as an oxidizer) are burning Kerosene and Liquid Oxygen! They also seem to all have infinite ignitions (and no ullage requirements?). Any idea what could be going on?

Edited by Ithirahad

19 hours ago, Ithirahad said:

So, I have this and RealFuels, and all my RSB engines (including the Agena one that specifically says it uses RFNA as an oxidizer) are burning Kerosene and Liquid Oxygen! They also seem to all have infinite ignitions (and no ullage requirements?). Any idea what could be going on?

Last I heard, RF didn't have support for RSB, unfortunately. It seems like it would be right up their alley, though. :)

22 hours ago, NecroBones said:

Last I heard, RF didn't have support for RSB, unfortunately. It seems like it would be right up their alley, though. :)

Supported By:

• Real Fuels + Realism Overhaul (support is provided from their side)

Oh, I guess I misunderstood this. So, you meant that the RF support comes from configs in RO? That's weird.

On 6/14/2017 at 5:36 PM, Ithirahad said:

Are you using RO or RF Stockalike?  The distinction matters, because the engine configs are completely separate.  If it's RF Stockalike, it's probably because RF stockalike doesn't have configs for the engines.

Just now, blowfish said:

Are you using RO or RF Stockalike?  The distinction matters, because the engine configs are completely separate.  If it's RF Stockalike, it's probably because RF stockalike doesn't have configs for the engines.

Neither. I just installed RF and SMURFF. :P

16 minutes ago, Ithirahad said:

Neither. I just installed RF and SMURFF. :P

Well then that would be a problem too.  RF needs engine configs in order to make its features work on engines.

Edited by blowfish

• 4 weeks later...
On 27.01.2016 at 3:29 AM, Felbourn said:

If this mod were not awesome enough already... here's its memory footprint in my RSS install:

2RLN5EY.png

What is this thing, where can i download it? Does it show RAM usage for each of the mods?

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 9:31 AM, winged said:

What is this thing, where can i download it? Does it show RAM usage for each of the mods?

That can tell you how much memory the mod takes up but doesn't tell you how much ram it will eat in unity but not saying this mod eat ram just saying over all

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2017 at 1:22 PM, NecroBones said:

With my RSS/RO/RP0 install at least the RD-180s on this Atlas V HLV have only 1 ignition and needs ullage.  The RL10A/C upper has 10 ignitions and needs LH2/LOX.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.