[1.2 - 1.4] Real Scale Boosters, 0.16 (2018-03-12)

NecroBones

1 hour ago, Jim DiGriz said:

With my RSS/RO/RP0 install at least the RD-180s on this Atlas V HLV have only 1 ignition and needs ullage.  The RL10A/C upper has 10 ignitions and needs LH2/LOX.

RO completely supports RSB, yes. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey @NecroBones,

is there any chance you might give the RS-68 / Delta CBC the needed turbopumps exhausts to have roll control any time in the future? 
Right now the exit ports of that are modeled onto the first stage's rear end where the RS-68 nozzle is applied under.

(Modwise I would think it would be easier to make the rear end part of the engine model and have the thrust transforms all set up on the single engine part?). 

In the meantime I try to add dummy engines under the model {} node to fight the issue. 

If you will ever come back to this and implement one way or the other I'd be more than happy - if not at least I wanted to notify you :)

Edited by Theysen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

NecroBones,

I'm having an error when loading the RSB mod.

[ModuleManager] Error - more than one pass specifier on a node: RealScaleBoosters/Patches/0_TechTree/@PART[RSBadapterDeltaIV*|RSBdecouplerDeltaIV*|RSBfairingDeltaIV*|RSBnosecone5m]:NEEDS[SpaceYtree&!CommunityTechTree]:AFTER[RealScaleBoosters]:HAS[~RSBstock[*rue]]:FOR[RSBTechTree]

I've tracked it down to the :FOR and :AFTER being in the same line.

https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/wiki/Patch-Ordering
You can control how module manager applies patches through these five directives, that are applied at the top-level node. Only ONE of these directives can be applied to a specific top-level patch.

:FIRST
:BEFORE[modname]
:FOR[modname]
:AFTER[modname]
:FINAL

I modified it as follows

@PART[RSBadapterDeltaIV*|RSBdecouplerDeltaIV*|RSBfairingDeltaIV*|RSBnosecone5m]:HAS[~RSBstock[*rue]]:FOR[RSBTechTree]
and it's loading correctly now. 

I also removed the :NEEDS[SpaceYtree&!CommunityTechTree] as it excludes @TechRequired:NEEDS[!SpaceYtree|CommunityTechTree] = giganticRocketry ( I think, I'm still new at trying to figure out the MM stuff)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to build and launch a Delta IV-M and I'm running into a minor issue.  I don't seem to have any roll control during launch.  As far as I can tell, the rocket I'm using is basically the same as the sample from the RSB Delta IV M+ (4,4).craft file with the exception that mine isn't using any strap on boosters.  I know the real DeltaIV gets it's roll control by thrust vectoring the exhaust from the RS-68 engine.  Is that not built into the RSB models?

23 minutes ago, chrisl said:

I'm trying to build and launch a Delta IV-M and I'm running into a minor issue.  I don't seem to have any roll control during launch.  As far as I can tell, the rocket I'm using is basically the same as the sample from the RSB Delta IV M+ (4,4).craft file with the exception that mine isn't using any strap on boosters.  I know the real DeltaIV gets it's roll control by thrust vectoring the exhaust from the RS-68 engine.  Is that not built into the RSB models?

It isn't unfortunately.

Use two radial engines

Edited by Theysen

6 hours ago, Theysen said:

It isn't unfortunately.

Use two radial engines

That's unfortunate.  Something else I encountered.  The fairings for the Delta IV-M don't seem to be protecting the payload.  Tried several launches and every time the payload would get ripped off the payload decoupler.  But when I switched to a procedural fairing and base, the rocket launches just fine.

EDIT: I was mistaken.  The problem seems to be intermittent with the probe core I'm using.

Edited by chrisl

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I *think* RSB should still work OK in 1.4. However I wanted to clean up some small things in the tech tree, relating to some errors in the logs. If anything else is broken, we'll address that later.

0.16 (2018-03-12) - Tweaks, Compatibility, etc
 - Added an exclusion for RP-0, for the RSB customized Tech Tree.
 - Corrected a ModuleManager error in the customized tech tree.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm currently playing in 1.3.1 with RO/RSS. I have installed only the required mods. I followed all directions explicitly and have the game working. But I'm experiencing an issue that I can't troubleshoot with parts not showing up from this mod. If I load one of the pre-built craft files I see the error suggesting I'm missing parts. However, I am still able to actually load the craft with all parts showing. If I then go to launch the craft I receive this error.

97f68f343c.jpg

If I search for these parts in the part list there are no where to be found. Any idea what mistake I am making? I installed all mods directly from the links provided on RealismOverhaul thread.

EDIT: It appears that the boosters are still showing as LO/Oxidizer instead of RealFuels. Is there a conflict with RF? I've searched through this thread but can't find a clear answer that makes sense to me.

EDIT2: I'm a dumb. I didn't realize it added a new tech tree branch. Unlocked that. All is working again. Sorry for wasting your time! I assure you I feel very stupid.

Edited by Nightcat
Update

On 4/7/2018 at 7:57 PM, Nightcat said:

EDIT2: I'm a dumb. I didn't realize it added a new tech tree branch. Unlocked that. All is working again. Sorry for wasting your time! I assure you I feel very stupid.

No problem, that was what I was about to suggest, since it sometimes trips people up. :)

On 4/6/2018 at 6:40 PM, Hunony said:

is it working for 1.4.2

It should be. I don't think anything changed that would break this.

@NecroBones

I've been having some issues with different RCS thrusters, and wanted to let you know about it.  I first found it on the SETI Probes pack, but it seems there are others, including the Saturn S-IVB Auxiliary Propulsion System.
I wanted to make sure it wasn't another mod interfering with it, and I found some are working correctly (graphics and direction) and others are not.  The graphics are way to bright (blinding in space), and the jets graphics go in the wrong direction (but thrust is in the right direction).  Note I didn't test all thrusters, but tried to grab 1 or 2 per mod I have installed that have them.

Left to Right (* means graphics and direction issues)

KWRocketry - mk1 rcs quad
KWRocketry - mk1-45 rcs quad
NearFuturePropulsion - HeFt-4 Magnetoplasmadynamic rcs block
KerbalReusabilityExpansion - Advanced vernier thruster medium
*B9_Aerospace - R12 RCS Thruster Block
*B9_Aerospace - R5 RCS Thruster Block
NearFutureLaunchVehicles - RQ-5x4 Heavy RCS Block
Squad - RV-105 RCS Thruster Block
NearFutureSpacecraft - RV-105x5 RCS Thruster Block
NearFutureSpacecraft - RX-55 Advanced RCS Block
*UmbraSpaceIndustries - AES RCS Block
NearFutureLaunchVehicles - RQ-5A Aerodynamic Heavy RCS Block
*RealScaleBoosters - Saturn S-IVB Auxiliary Propulsion System
SpaceY-Lifters - SpaceY "Super Dibamus" RCS/OMS Thrust Block
SpaceY-Lifters - SpaceY RCS-5x7 Thruster Block
*SETIprobeParts - RV-15 RCS Thruster Block
*SETIprobeParts - Inline mini rcs

uc?export=view&id=1CLPFyWETVHIIZspFBGRbi

Hi. Long time user of this mod, it's so good!

I'm using this mod with RSS/RO so I'm not sure who to ask exactly but I'm having a few problems with the Real Fuels config. Basically almost all of the fuels for all of the rockets are correct except 2 fuel types. Solid rocket boosters are indeed filled with HTPB but also with the stock amount of 'Solid Fuel'. This wouldn't bother me too much but the problem is that it counts as mass and cost in the total for the rocket. I can simply set the slider to 0 for the 'Solid Fuel' but I was wondering if anything is possible from the dev side of things(since LF/LOX is perfectly replaced by Kerosene and Liquid Hydrogen etc. for all of the rockets). The other thing is the 'Solid Fuel' doesn't appear as fuel in the Real Fuels GUI so I can't remove it like that. Additionally Monopropellant is also included with RCS tanks(for example with the centaur upper stage you get Helium & Hydrazine but also Monopropellant)

With solid fuel:

k0KFjIB.jpg

Without solid fuel:

ZFo7HH5.jpg

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Is anyone else having issues with the RSB fairings not shielding the payload and creating excessive drag?  It is not as noticeable when using boosters with low TWR on liftoff such as Atlas V 401 configuration.  I find that high TWR vehicles are unflyable.  Delta II/III, Delta IV M+4, Atlas V with more than 2 SRBs, etc.  it seems like the procedural fairings work properly, and it allows some use, but it doesn't look right.  I use RO and GPP, but this mod seems to be the only one with broken fairings.  Just curious if I'm the only one or if there is a workaround.

1 hour ago, Rocket-man said:

Is anyone else having issues with the RSB fairings not shielding the payload and creating excessive drag?  It is not as noticeable when using boosters with low TWR on liftoff such as Atlas V 401 configuration.  I find that high TWR vehicles are unflyable.  Delta II/III, Delta IV M+4, Atlas V with more than 2 SRBs, etc.  it seems like the procedural fairings work properly, and it allows some use, but it doesn't look right.  I use RO and GPP, but this mod seems to be the only one with broken fairings.  Just curious if I'm the only one or if there is a workaround.

I've noticed it with some of the squad ones in 1.4.1-1.4.2.  The heat and drag would be inside the fairing, but I've not seen it in 1.4.4 (yet).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2018 at 11:49 AM, lucasdev00 said:

Hey @NecroBones,

i thin i have found a little bug in your Work which keeps from really enjoying flying this cool rockets. Every Time i open one of your Crafts in the Vab, it looks like in this screenshoot. My KSP Version is 1.3.1891.

Screenshot

Do you have a Module Manager patch that is rescaling nodes?

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, nanokarlo said:

Atlas V Common Core Booster

Eight STAR 5F solid rocket motors (6 kN each) to aid the separation of the Centaur upper stage.

The engines are not working?? (realism overhaul)

You will probably have to ask on the Realism Overhaul thread regarding the changes that mod makes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.