[1.2 - 1.4] Real Scale Boosters, 0.16 (2018-03-12)

NecroBones

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having an issue where the atlas V works great but once I start to add srb's the rocket becomes unstable and I can't ever reach orbit...even with kerbalizing the rocket with many wings to try and fix the assent turbulence... Im guessing I need to fix the gimbal on the srb's or add some sort of fake gimbal range to the srb's because the rd180 doesn't have enough gimbal to offset any inconsistency in the thrust vector of the srb's????

Hi i use Real Fuels in 1.4.5 but i experienced many problems with the engines of RSB
I found an old config in the files of Ro but while it's enough to get the engine delivering thrust, i can't tune their power and they don't have any ignition restricitons

Could you add a Rf config with the mod or just explain how i could modify my old config to get everything to work fine ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2016 at 7:53 PM, NecroBones said:

This pack is intended for use with "Real Solar System", or otherwise a more realistic scale version of Kerbin (such as 6.4x scale).

@NecroBones Thank you for these beautiful more realistic models!  fyi..the ~1g planets & ~Jovian moon orbital periods of the SLIPPIST-1 & TRAPPIST-1 for Principia mod also present some additional interesting 'realism' applications for your Real Scale Boosters.

Bpc3Ar4.png

more SLIPPIST1/TRAPPIST1 info & images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/23/2018 at 5:51 AM, nanokarlo said:

Atlas V Common Core Booster

Eight STAR 5F solid rocket motors (6 kN each) to aid the separation of the Centaur upper stage.

The engines are not working?? (realism overhaul)

That got fixed awhile ago in RealismOverhaul.

On 4/26/2018 at 1:04 PM, goldmine48 said:

Hi. Long time user of this mod, it's so good!

I'm using this mod with RSS/RO so I'm not sure who to ask exactly but I'm having a few problems with the Real Fuels config. Basically almost all of the fuels for all of the rockets are correct except 2 fuel types. Solid rocket boosters are indeed filled with HTPB but also with the stock amount of 'Solid Fuel'. This wouldn't bother me too much but the problem is that it counts as mass and cost in the total for the rocket. I can simply set the slider to 0 for the 'Solid Fuel' but I was wondering if anything is possible from the dev side of things(since LF/LOX is perfectly replaced by Kerosene and Liquid Hydrogen etc. for all of the rockets). The other thing is the 'Solid Fuel' doesn't appear as fuel in the Real Fuels GUI so I can't remove it like that. Additionally Monopropellant is also included with RCS tanks(for example with the centaur upper stage you get Helium & Hydrazine but also Monopropellant)

That is a problem with all stock ships with RealismOverhaul.

The individual parts all get correctly modified to have the right fuels, but the stock ships wind up with both stock-fuel and RF-fuels in them.

It has nothing to do with RSB itself.

You have to load the stock ship and then 'rebuild' it with fresh parts from the menu, then save it.  There is no other workaround.

Also if anyone is trying to use RSB with RO/RSS/RP-1 with KSP 1.4/1.5/1.6, when trying to load the stock ships it comes up with a warning about Tweakscale and InterstellarTextureSwitch2 on all the ships.  Those can just be ignored and the ship will load.   Tweakscale is not recommended for RO installs.  IFS is also not something widely used by the RO/RSS community -- B9PartSwitch and RF and ProcParts already takes care of those kinds of issues -- I don't know that IFS would be bad to mix in, but it isn't necessary.

So just ignore the warnings, then 'rebuild' the parts that have double-fuels and resave and everything should work fine.

I'm using RSB with RSS/RO in KSP 1.4.5.  The single-stick vehicles like Delta IV and Atlas V worked great! But as soon as I try to use the Ariane 5 of Delta IV Heavy will the large side-mounted boosters, the available attachment struts fail instantly at launch. The side boosters start swinging wildly and break away from the attach struts.  I've tried reinforcing with braces and everything available in the game, but nothing works.  Is anyone else having this issue?  How have you gotten the DIV Heavy and Ariane 5 to work?

On 4/30/2019 at 1:47 AM, ChrisG_NSF said:

I'm using RSB with RSS/RO in KSP 1.4.5.  The single-stick vehicles like Delta IV and Atlas V worked great! But as soon as I try to use the Ariane 5 of Delta IV Heavy will the large side-mounted boosters, the available attachment struts fail instantly at launch. The side boosters start swinging wildly and break away from the attach struts.  I've tried reinforcing with braces and everything available in the game, but nothing works.  Is anyone else having this issue?  How have you gotten the DIV Heavy and Ariane 5 to work?

spam struts+autostruts+kw rocketry struts=super-rigid 

On 4/29/2019 at 8:47 PM, ChrisG_NSF said:

How have you gotten the DIV Heavy and Ariane 5 to work?

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement is recommended for these parts. They were made in 1:1 scale with IRL masses, meaning that they cannot easily be handled by KSP.

Or, as @Wirelex says, just auto-strut everything with everything.

On 4/30/2019 at 1:47 AM, ChrisG_NSF said:

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement is recommended 

8 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement is recommended for these parts. They were made in 1:1 scale with IRL masses, meaning that they cannot easily be handled by KSP.

Or, as @Wirelex says, just auto-strut everything with everything.

Hm.  Maybe I have a bad KJR download.  Let me try a fresh download and see if that fixes the issue.

• 4 months later...
On 9/10/2019 at 4:12 PM, IronKerbal said:

I found a error related to Restock, It screws up the RS-25 because it uses the stock KS-25 model. Restock replaces that with a new one, leading to a error.
Could you fix it? Thanks :)

Considering that the OP hasn't been on in a year, I wouldn't get my hopes up. 

Also, you kind of necroed the thread. 

@Vanamonde I suggest locking the thread down until the OP returns, if ever. 

Edited by GoldForest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.