How did you come to get your screen name?

hpearson

Not on this forum but in games I use ImTheCaptin.

Here is how I got to ImTheCaptin

once cometh birth age of 11 I became massive noob playing half life one online

my first name was frozenfish but people either called me frozen or fish and not frozenfish... some thing had to be done

so I changed it to the most responsible thing I could think of I'mTheAdmin

I kept this name until I played counter strike source when I found that with this name I could claim to be the admin (yes noobish)

After much greifing on zombie server I had to constantly change my user name and rejoin the server so at that time I had a TON of usernames (still noob)

but my main screen name stayed I'mTheAdmin

Until I shed the bounds of being a noob and started playing garrys mod (How did I stop being a noob in garrys mod is anyones guess)

So hence forth I stopped claiming I was an admin but kept the name of old time sakes

however this caused much confusion because people would call for ADMIN and It would seem like they are talking to me and not actual calling for an ADMIN

at some-point a real admin threaten to ban if I didn't change my name so I changed it to ImTheCaptin

the reason why it is captin and not captain is because I hate it when people say 'cappy-tan'

so yup that how I got my screen name

(noob no longer)

I've been HarvesteR for quite a long time now... I would guess around 6 years...

When I was younger I played lead guitar in a heavy metal band. It was originally called Bad Harvest (later changed to Vanquish but that's another story). So from that I became TheHarvesteR. As time went on I eventually ditched the 'The' bit and it was just HarvesteR. (I still use TheHarvesteR when HarvesteR isn't available).

Cheers

Many years ago when I was in the music industry (I owned and operated a small recording studio), I saw an ad in a trade publication for a production company called Skunk Monkey Productions. I thought that was a cool name so when the Internet came along I remembered that name and started using it.

It's also the name given to Bigfoot in Florida.

And, I also happen to be a monkey for the skunky. ;)

Arrr!

Capt'n Skunky

Ban evading from another forum.

The second son of Odin is Baldur, and good things are to be said of him. He is best, and all praise him; he is so fair of feature, and so bright, that light shines from him. A certain herb is so white that it is likened to Baldr's brow; of all grasses it is whitest, and by it thou mayest judge his fairness, both in hair and in body. He is the wisest of the Æsir, and the fairest-spoken and most gracious; and that quality attends him, that none may gainsay his judgments. He dwells in the place called Breidablik, which is in heaven; in that place may nothing unclean be[.] — Brodeur's translation

I suppose I should explain my screenname, but it's fairly straightforward. My friends have a tendency to not notice me approaching until I make myself noticed, at which point they're usually quite startled. However, this usually only happens when I'm not actually trying to be quiet about it. ::)

It was the name I used to create an account on some infantile game1 many years ago. Was the first thing that came to me after my first half hearted attempts were already taken. I've not used anything else online since (and never anything before either - this was my first instance of needing a name online). I've not seen anyone else with a name even passably close, but if it was ever taken, I'd have to advance to my secondary or tertiary names (Eat_Neptunium and Eat_Plutonium).

As an aside, eating uranium metal probably would have no effect on you whatsoever.

1Yes I do remember what game it was and no, I'm not going to tell you.

I don't know why, but a few years ago when I was creating my first screen name I was really into the F-35 JSF, also known as the F-35 Lightning II. However, Lightning Striker was taken, so I changed it up a bit. and while typing this response I just realized that I spelt my user name wrong, do you guys know how I might be able to change that? It is usually Liteninstriker

As an aside, eating uranium metal probably would have no effect on you whatsoever.

I live near the trinity site (first [glow=red,2,300]atomic bomb[/glow] test site)

In our early water bill they are required to tell what minerals ans stuff is in the public water

I can scan it it but there are traces of uranium in the water, Noooooooo where near enough to do anything but I think it is humors

its like .0003 parts per million I think, ill have to check

My name is a Homophone for Pear in Afrikaans and as a result people have a habit of calling me by other fruit names (apple, kiwi, etc)

Therefore, I call myself Pitvrug, which is the groupname of all fruit which contain seeds ;D

Well I'm a big fan of Anime (The good stuff anyway) and my friend and I use Baka as a general name for everyone (luckly also anime fans) so one day I just skipped the small talk and called myself a stupid person in Japanese

I suppose I should explain my screenname, but it's fairly straightforward. My friends have a tendency to not notice me approaching until I make myself noticed, at which point they're usually quite startled. However, this usually only happens when I'm not actually trying to be quiet about it. ::)

I have the same problem, but the thing is with me.. I'M HUGE! Call me porkins... well don't actually call me that :P, but I can just walk up to people and it can take them 10 minutes to realize I'm there. Add that ability to my sharpshooting skills and you have a special forces elite in the making. Able to sneek up on enemies or take them down with a shot from a distance. Just don't expect me to crawl through vents...

The first game I ever played online was Adventure Quest (I don't play it anymore), and my young, uninventive mind came up with nickname version of my real name, and a random number: nate45.

I played that game for a while before discovering other, much better, online games. I realized that nate45, didn't sound that great and I changed it to nate101, it's obviously not much of an improvement, but it's easier to remember.

All my alternates are just the same name and appending extra 01s onto it (i.e. nate10101, nate1010101), but last year while making a new RuneScape account (I barely play it anymore, and all my previous accounts got hacked) I thought that nate101 is getting old (although you can see I still use it extensively) so I came up with conman. Obviously, the name conman with nothing else was already taken, and the random name suggester suggested conman4125. And so, conman4125 came into existence.

In conclusion, if you see the name nate101, nate10101, nate1010101, or conman4125, you can rest easy, knowing that it is I, (real name here).

I picked 'Cray' because when I was a teenager and brimming with self-confidence about my brillianceness (<--- so smart I just invented that word) and in possession of an awesome 2400-baud modem that was cooler than anyone on the BBS, I thought, 'Wow, 'cray' would indicate I was cool and smart, like the supercomputer.'

Despite having any semblance of self-confidence destroyed along with my grades in college, I stuck with 'cray' as a matter of consistency. For 20 years now I've used 'cray' as a BBS, chat, or email handle.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.