How did you come to get your screen name?

hpearson

Mine is from my first D&D character (2nd Ed.) I've used it for nearly everything internet related since I first got online. The full name is Saberus Alain Jacobi Ferdinand Jasperi de la Terras. The short version, Saberus Terras, is mangled Latin for "wisdom of the Earth"

I've been on the net since I was a wee lad, around about the age of 7. In the year 1997.

My first 2 loves in life where those Military Flash Cards you could get from National Geographics Infomercials.

And Rock & Roll.

So when I was in my Teens I came up with my first Screen Name, which you can still find me around the net with. :Comsquaddelta:

Meaning: "Communications Squad Delta"

After try the KSP Demo though, I really wanted to change things up and Blend a few things.

First off I love Rock and Roll.

Alice Cooper, Damn Yankees, Dire Straights, and Ted Nugent to name the few.

So I thought to myself how do I blend Space Simulation and Rock'n Roll.

Then it hit me.

The Darkness

There hit: "I believe in a thing called love"

Has everything I love about Rock N' Roll and Space

The Kraken, Marshall Amps, Ear Shattering Vocals and Various Other Items.

So there you go I am "The Darkness"

The Darkness! Hooray!

It started with Toribash (go check it out, it's free), where my username was adjective followed by something like a fruit, plant, or vegetable, and both starting with the same letter. My ranking would go up, but never my actual skill; because of how the ranking system works, I ended up restricted to playing with people who

a) were far better than me.

B) were absolutely no fun to talk to (which, in a game with several people, you end up doing more often than fighting)

There are also custom games without rank regulation, but I'd have to browse the custom games for quite a few minutes to find a game I wasn't instantly kicked from.

I had to create a new account, and after going through this cycle several times (KannedKiwis, OddOrange, FiredFicus), I reached LucidLemon and I've used the name for everything else since.

Mine is simple growing up next to the air force base my name started as airforce4422 but when I started to apply for scholarships for college the air force didn't grant me their four year scholarship but a much smaller one, on the other hand the navy was like we will pay for everything so I went to the navy. The 4422 was my login password from my first job 7 years ago.

• 6 months later...

Had this one since highschool. My favourite anime/manga at the time, but since it was already used by someone on the interwebs, I added a numeric code at the end based on the central character of the series 389 = CHI if you swap the numbers with letters.

Used it for nearly a decade, haven't needed to change it since.

• 1 year later...

I originally came up with the name of "Thomas988" in 2008 for my Roblox account. My first account there was z1234, and the "z" came from my cousin Zach. For some reason I wanted to make another account, so made Thomas988 after my other cousin, Thomas. I have no idea where 988 came from, though.

I also go by MinecraftTheRaft (my Minecraft username) and Nathan (my real first name), but Thomas988 is my favorite username of them all.

I think it was back in 2009 or 2008, when I created a hotmail account. I wanted my account name to be "korhonen" (my last name) but the name was already taken so it suggested another one, "cpt_korhonen". I decided to use the name "CaptainKorhonen" since "cpt." is the abbreviation for "captain".

I use the name "Korhonen" on Minecraft, and "Xygen8" on Twitch and some other places. I kinda like Xygen8 more than my current name so I might start using that instead.

Years ago, I was messing around with Unity, making a very futuristic space station with cool fighters that you could fly around. I wanted a name for the station and started out by calling it "Deimos 2." Soon after, I decided that name was boring and changed it to "Orbitus 2." Since I got some of the models I used for that from Turbosquid and I needed a login for that, I decided to just use the station's name, switching the "2" to Roman numerals, and "OrbitusII" was born.

TL;DR, I needed a username so I made something up.

Guest Fyre Flare

So one day I was searching Flareons on Google and I came across a Steam Group called "Petition Against Flareon's Uselessness" I looked at the Steam Group's Leader was called "Fyre Flareon" so I decided to cut off the "on" The group had 5000 members so I thought It was risky using "Fyre Flare" because I thought some douche would come across me and think I'm Fyre Flareon, Suprisingly Noone did.

I've been writing stories since I was in high school, one of my favorite characters I'd invented was a psychotic necromancer named Xacktar. When online gaming began to be a thing, I used a few accounts named after people or places I'd invented but quickly started using Xacktar as my main since it was NEVER taken by anyone else.... and X names were easy to look up in lists.

Well, ever since I was very young I was always fascinated with Star Wars. I watched episodes 4-6 maybe 1000 times while going through elementary school (I wasn't allowed to watch 1-3 then), and always thought Darth Vader was the good guy. I don't know why, I just did. I thought the "Evil rebel scum" were all bad people ruining his perfectly good schemes and blowing up billions of dollars worth of space ships just because he disagreed with them. Also through that time, I was obsessed with Greek mythology (Before Percy Jackson came out (dose that make me a hipster? I did greek mythology before it was cool?)). I learned about it in second grade, and we had an old fashioned olympics and built temples to our favorite gods. Well, at the time that was Zeus.

All this useless back story came together in the end when I joined a hobby/sport called "Letterboxing" which members use "Trail names", and at the time I was in I believe 3rd grade, so my trail name became Darth Zeus.

And so here I am :sticktongue:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.