How did you come to get your screen name?

hpearson

My real name is Diana, so Diana, roman goddess of the moon, Feels way more arrogant now than when I come up with it at age 17, and sometimes I regret screaming to the world that I'm a woman when on the internet but I've kept it this long, why change now.

I got my first screen name when I was playing WipEout on the PSP, and still I'm living in Hautes-Garrone in France, I chose WipEout31. But then I got into Flight Simulator X, and went with AirFranceLiner (because I did nothing but commercial flights with Air France skinned aircrafts back then).

Then I discovered Orbiter, and when registering to the Orbiter french forums I felt AFLiner wasn't "appropriate" for space. Since you could do interplanetary flights, which seemed mind blowing at the time (it was a solid 9 years ago now wow), I chose SolarLiner, as an evolution from AFLiner.

And then, for those 9 years, that name followed me.

But I have two more "names", one is my more or an artist name which is Refractor. The idea goes back 3 years in science class with a friend, we had a running joke about how I could refract light (I wish I remembered the origin of that inside joke lol), and it eventually stuck with me: "The Refractor".

And the third is a recent username, an alternate account on reddit to kind of play the character of my favorite character in my fav series: "POI_ROOT".

Well i first started off as ionator2000 when i was just about 14-15, but one day when i was playing arma 2 Dayz i thought to myself how it would be funny to have a name that would cause confusion when some one tried to call me out. Thus Im The One was born. I would run around and be a bandit and people would say Im The One who did it (some were not good at typing in a rage so it worked). Then they started to figure it out and just shortened it to The One.

Well

a long long time ago. i liked old games, like 8bit games...

but i always wanted to make my own games. but couldn't, 'cause i was but a wee one.

so one days my friends told me 'bout a thing called "scratch" er somethin' that let kids program games.

I WAS SOOOOOOOO HAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

so, after making some games of my own, i created a account on the "scratch" website.

and, because i liked to make 8bit type retro games, i decided i would call myself "8bitgamers".

but i didn't........ i misspelled...... 8bitgammers was born.

later, i got reeely enthusiastic about "scratch" and i wanted a YouTube channel to post videos of minecraft, which i had become addicted to, and videos of my games.

so i used the same misspelled username.

later, ... much much later.

i got into ksp

so.... it continued.

and i will probally always be known on the Internets as the 8BITGAMMERS!

feel free to call me Tony tho.

Edited by 8bitgammers

Well, I use "ElitePi" a lot more. When I was 10, I heard of leetspeak. That's where "Elite" comes from.

I was obsessed with math around that time too, and desserts, so put two and two together, and I got pi.

Well, since joining KSP Forums, I lost the "Elite" for "Space" since it seems a lot more appropriate.

idk whats my name here...ah yes.

when i was very little i saw a documentry on nuclear weapons. i always found them quite awesome, mankind greatest accomplishment (i even thought that before i knew you could use them as rocket fuel). so i named my self after them.

I first used this username in Codename: Panzers multiplayer back in 07/08(?) and ive been using it ever since.

Vit (my real name, spelled like weed but with t) followed by ek(whitch is also part of my name because slavic language logic), and and then c45c (whitch is just random filler since vitek was alredy taken.

at the age of 8 i started playing sonic heroes. it was fun, and i liked it. later, i started playing maple story, and needed a username. since sonic was taken, i went for sonicrs (my name is rotem shalev), and then i found out half a year ago that theres a car (wasnt invented in 2009) called sonicrs. it was hilarious.

I'm unoriginal in my thinking. I have had the same email address since 1991; in those days Microsoft had Hotmail. Wanting to keep it simple but professional looking, I simply used my initials: adsii

Most websites I subscribe to will not let you have a user name with five letters or less; therefore about fifteen years ago I began adding the year of my birth to meet the new requirements, so adsii1970 was born. I use it in Steam, Simtropolis, KerbalX, Gamespy, and a host of other websites. So, if you see that user name anywhere on line, more than likely it is me... :cool:

• 2 months later...

I was thinking about things I do in every video game I play in given the chance. It just so happened that the top 3 or so had something to do with nuclear energy.

Just in case you are wondering what my top 10 are:

-Build TONS of nuclear power plants.

-Use nuclear weapons on the drop of a hat. Fission is the new conventional!

-When in doubt, more/larger reactors in vehicle design. If it can be powered by radioactive decay or fission, do not even ask.

So with these I realised that I really like nuclear energy, and that nuclear nut would be a good name.

It's a weird story, I started off as Blazing Glory, then at one point on steam I went by the name of .... Brick, then I decided to channel my britishness and found this avatar pic I have somewhere on google images and named myself Sir. Sharkman Briton, but not it's just Sharkman Briton.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.