Bill Pedals around Kerbin

Chemp

1 hour ago, Comrade Xmir said:

So very tempted to try something like this!

Think twice before you start the ground based circumnavigation. You can't physics warp with kerbal powered vehicles, so it's bound to take a very, very long time.

When he started, some thought Bob was just jaleous of Bill after making the first Kerbal-powered circumnavigation. Others labelled him as an aging scientist who wanted to prove he was still in good shape. However, most Kerbals just thought he was an eccentric lunatic and the general consensus was that he wouldn't get very far, let alone pedal all around Kerbin in a rover.
Even if Bob couldn't prove that the first and the second group were wrong, the third one became smaller and smaller with every report he sent home. By the time he reached the KSC, it even seemed that nobody had belonged to it in the first place. Bob couldn't have cared less. The night before he left, he had confessed to Bill:

"We have conquered space and zip around Kerbin in under an hour. Yet, we don't know our own planet. Your endevour was the first step in the right direction: you went low and slow, to see more of the world than any other Kerbal before. I took it one step further, travelling around the globe, crossing continents and oceans. But on the way I realized that even now, my memories of those countless hills and planes that are now behind me are just fleeting images, blurred by speed. Maybe one day, somebody will pick up the torch and walk around Kerbin, thus truly becoming one with nature.

Edited by Chemp

8 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Damn, Chemp, that was amazing!  Congrats on the completion of another amazing feat!  You have really earned a place in KSP history.

Credit goes to you, since you're the one who got me hooked in the first place. I'll be taking a break from kerbal-powered vehicles though, there's a launch window to Jool coming up and I want to circumnavigate Laythe - the old fashioned way :D

11 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Hmm...  Someday, when I'm really bored, I might try that.

Make sure you PM me when you do. I really wouldn't want to miss it, especially when you go swimming for the inevitable water crossing :sticktongue:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. How am I only seeing this now! Ok, ladderforce is my favourite glitch, but I've been busy and not on the forums for a while..

This and your aerial circumnavigation are impresive feats of endurance, and an awesome demonstration of this technology. This is one for the annals of Ladderforce history.  

On 28/01/2016 at 10:09 PM, Chemp said:

Thank you! You could even make it to orbit if your vessel is light enough.

@Andrew Hansen and myself have both gone interplanetary. (Link and video in my sig.) It's tricky, but there's really something about relying almost entirely on the power of a kerbal. But saying that here's preaching to the converted. 

Edited by Tw1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.